The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
As much as im glad we are level, the refing has been appalling. It may as well be a non contact sport. No way was that a pen, or a freekick for Liverpool. Nor was Lallana's tackle a yellow, it wasnt even a foul!

As much as im glad we are level, the refing has been appalling. It may as well be a non contact sport. No way was that a pen, or a freekick for Liverpool. Nor was Lallana's tackle a yellow, it wasnt even a foul!

That was a clear penalty he did not even get the ball.

Soft free-kick, but the penalty was a cert

No way was it a peno. He kicked the ball first, then caught the man

I said there could be a calamity in defence... and that is exactly what happened. Well played Liverpool but our poor defence contributed to the score line hideously.

Xhaka, Holding and Asano.

While Xhaka is great signing way too little and even if we sign players now too late. Same **** every year.

Ahhh... it's hard not to be in Piers Morgans camp right now.

Souness spot on for a change, for the revenue Arsenal take in, they simply don't act like a leading club of world football. I thought the Ozil signing a few years ago was the realisation of that and the start of a new chapter for them in which they'd finally see that they're in this new decade of the 21st century and start to go for world class marquee signings, etc. But after sitting watching United get Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, watching Manchester City sign Gundogan, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, etc etc, while Wenger goes all out for a Bolton Wanderers centre half and some Japanese kid that nobody has a scooby snack about, I'm sorry but he has no right to come out and contradict any other club's transfer methods or act like the fans are wrong to boo.

Souness spot on for a change, for the revenue Arsenal take in, they simply don't act like a leading club of world football. I thought the Ozil signing a few years ago was the realisation of that and the start of a new chapter for them in which they'd finally see that they're in this new decade of the 21st century and start to go for world class marquee signings, etc. But after sitting watching United get Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, watching Manchester City sign Gundogan, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, etc etc, while Wenger goes all out for a Bolton Wanderers centre half and some Japanese kid that nobody has a scooby snack about, I'm sorry but he has no right to come out and contradict any other club's transfer methods or act like the fans are wrong to boo.

This exactly. Whereas other clubs go and take the players they want (Pogba and Sane good examples) we just wait aroun with our **** in our hands for players to come. 2nd rate mentality.

If club/Wenger isn't prepared to spend what is required then just develop players and cut the prices for tickets. There isn't actually method in their madness.

I feel like the "mojo" of developing players is disappearing aswell. Yes, Bellerín, Coquelin and Iwobi (to an extent, he is far from proven yet) progressed into the 1st team recently.
But the likes of Chambers, Gabriel, Wilshere, Ox, Gnabry, Szczesny haven't really developed as expected, the likes of Gibbs, Walcott and Welbeck have regressed and there is a lot of uncertainity around some players - Akpom, Campbell, Jenkinson, Sanogo, or in the past Afobe who made it into PL 1 year after we sold him.
First two groups are especially concerning, players with lot of talent not being developed properly.

I feel like the "mojo" of developing players is disappearing aswell. Yes, Bellerín, Coquelin and Iwobi (to an extent, he is far from proven yet) progressed into the 1st team recently.
But the likes of Chambers, Gabriel, Wilshere, Ox, Gnabry, Szczesny haven't really developed as expected, the likes of Gibbs, Walcott and Welbeck have regressed and there is a lot of uncertainity around some players - Akpom, Campbell, Jenkinson, Sanogo, or in the past Afobe who made it into PL 1 year after we sold him.
First two groups are especially concerning, players with lot of talent not being developed properly.

Chambers should be on loan. Injuries to Gabriel and Per really were harmful in more than one way as he was available to loan, but because of injuries we didn't allow him to go. Gabriel I think will still come good as a 3rd choice CB for the club. Wilshere we all know why he hasn't progressed same with Ox and Gnabry... Injuries. Szczesny has done quite well at Roma last season and is there again this year, but I think they will buy him outright if he keeps it up.

Gibbs and Walcott should have been sold. Both are good players, but not good enough to start for us at this moment. Welbeck has been really unlucky with injuries which is a recurring theme among Arsenal players. Akpom should be on loan again, but because we didn't sign a new striker and Welbeck is injured he is still at the club. Campbell isn't obviously very high on Wengers list and should be sold to make way for a top class RW we need (Mahrez), but club won't do it. Jenkinson is injured and will probably be loaned/sold in january window. Sanogo is probably at the club as noone wants him.

There should be massive cull at the club, but Wenger is too lenient on the players who have let him down time and time again.

I still think Arsenal will be top of the table come Boxing Day, but will fade. And they did make Liverpool look far better than they are.

To add insult to injury, one of the hottest strikers in Europe that the Gunners have been heavily linked with in recent weeks, and may of had signed and ready for the Liverpool match had Wenger swallowed his pride and matched the asking price, scored a hat-trick tonight in Lyon's 3-0 away win.

lacazette.PNG

I said it earlier in the summer and I will say it again, Granit Xhaka is an absolutely brilliant signing. The way he sent Mane flying to stop a counter-attack describes him in a nutshell. He takes no **** from anyone and is the type of midfielder who will drive Arsenal to a trophy if only Wenger puts the right players around him.

I said it earlier in the summer and I will say it again, Granit Xhaka is an absolutely brilliant signing. The way he sent Mane flying to stop a counter-attack describes him in a nutshell. He takes no **** from anyone and is the type of midfielder who will drive Arsenal to a trophy if only Wenger puts the right players around him.

Beggared belief that the only player of note Wenger's actually signed this summer, he didn't start. In the opener. At home. Against a major rival with a weakened defensive middle.

Except he's Wenger. Listening to Arsenal fans the tube after, this is going to get REAL ugly REAL quick again. The majority have MORE than had enough of him now. The lads arguing that he should of been sacked after the 8-2 loss to Utd a few years back got roundly cheered which was amusing.

Last edited:
Back