The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
By the look of how your transfer window is going you'll be lucky to get him in.

Shouldn't be so. We have over 200mil in bank. Throw £100mil or more on Griezmann and Jimenez and be done with it.

Shouldn't be so. We have over 200mil in bank. Throw £100mil or more on Griezmann and Jimenez and be done with it.

I'd wager you will need close to £100m just to get Griezmann. Chelsea have been trying for the longest time but he is too expensive even for us! :P

I'd wager you will need close to £100m just to get Griezmann. Chelsea have been trying for the longest time but he is too expensive even for us! :P

Even more so now he's extended. Heck knows what the release clause has jumped unto now.

Imagine Griezmann & Hazard on opposite flanks as your two inside forwards o.O

well you say you have all this cash but it seem no 1 has the balls to spend it never mind there is allway next season no wait how long have you been saying that 11years

Lets be realistic here, Arsenal will eventually fall out the top 4 the way they are going and personally I think that will be the wake up call they truly need. Not only will Wenger most likely be gone, it will also spark some actual movement in the board, I highly doubt many other top managers would accept the lack of spending like this.

Huge game for you lot already this weekend vs Leicester, considering the negativity around the club fanbase and rightly so for the lack of action. I highly doubt anyone sees Arsenal as title challengers as it stands anyway, unless you get the players in.

Really shame that we didn't sign him back when he was at Sociedad. There was interest and they wanted to keep Carlos Vela, but nothing happened. Now his release clause is 100mil euros if I recall after his new contract. Not impossible amount by no means, but for Wenger it is.

well you say you have all this cash but it seem no 1 has the balls to spend it never mind there is allway next season no wait how long have you been saying that 11years

Wenger is like my stingy grandparents who now have shitload of cash sitting in their bank account, but wont use it for anything.

Lets be realistic here, Arsenal will eventually fall out the top 4 the way they are going and personally I think that will be the wake up call they truly need. Not only will Wenger most likely be gone, it will also spark some actual movement in the board, I highly doubt many other top managers would accept the lack of spending like this.

Huge game for you lot already this weekend vs Leicester, considering the negativity around the club fanbase and rightly so for the lack of action. I highly doubt anyone sees Arsenal as title challengers as it stands anyway, unless you get the players in.

Lose against Leicester and it's season over for me... and I mean title challenge over which equals season over.

Things will get really nasty and while loser Kroenke and his lackeys will no doubt try to extend with Wenger I cant see him staying. New manager could spark some movement, but the biggest problem is the loser who owns the 70% and while he is there can't see any real improvement. He has actually said in an interview that he doesn't care at all about trophies.

I think that he had no real intention of spending big this summer, after finishing in their best league position foryears last year. I honestly think he will see it as a successful season and has no major reason to go out and spend. The only reason he’s looking at defenders now is because Mertesacker and Gabrial got injured. He obviously still sees Mertesacker as first choice or why would you give him the armband. The news that Welbeck will be back before Christmas has just justified why he won’t bring in a new striker, but don’t be surprised if they go out and buy another midfielder ;)

Lose against Leicester and it's season over for me... and I mean title challenge over which equals season over.

Things will get really nasty and while loser Kroenke and his lackeys will no doubt try to extend with Wenger I cant see him staying. New manager could spark some movement, but the biggest problem is the loser who owns the 70% and while he is there can't see any real improvement. He has actually said in an interview that he doesn't care at all about trophies.

Kroenke is in the business to make money and winning is just a bonus. As long as Wenger or anyone for that matter continues to deliver a reliable Top 4 finish, he is more than happy. At this level, if you own a football club to make money, you will never win unless you own United which allows you to do both at the same time.

Really shame that we didn't sign him back when he was at Sociedad. There was interest and they wanted to keep Carlos Vela, but nothing happened. Now his release clause is 100mil euros if I recall after his new contract. Not impossible amount by no means, but for Wenger it is.

Competition will be intense as well. Every major club will be taking an interest if he is put into play.

Kroenke is in the business to make money and winning is just a bonus. As long as Wenger or anyone for that matter continues to deliver a reliable Top 4 finish, he is more than happy. At this level, if you own a football club to make money, you will never win unless you own United which allows you to do both at the same time.

Arsenal though are in almost perfect position to do both. Really good revenue and only thing where revenue could be increased heavily is sponsorship's and commercial deals which would come instantly with more success.

Team is also pretty close to being ready to challenge for Prem first and Europe later. I'd say we are at the moment 1 good defender to partner Koscielny and starting forward short of title shout and both can still be signed this window. Mustafi/Jimenez both have release clauses so that's no problem. Griezmann also has his release clause and the issue is convincing him to join. If not Griezmann then go in for short term fix like Bacca now. Getting him from Milan would be pretty easy.

Kroenke wouldn't need to invest a single penny of his own money to make Arsenal more competitive as there is excess of £200mil just sitting in the bank, which is just degrading in value due to money pouring in to the game at the moment.

I think that he had no real intention of spending big this summer, after finishing in their best league position foryears last year. I honestly think he will see it as a successful season and has no major reason to go out and spend. The only reason he’s looking at defenders now is because Mertesacker and Gabrial got injured. He obviously still sees Mertesacker as first choice or why would you give him the armband. The news that Welbeck will be back before Christmas has just justified why he won’t bring in a new striker, but don’t be surprised if they go out and buy another midfielder ;)

I don't know at all what goes in his head. Last season was huge disappointment and finishing 2nd was only due to other teams being shittier than us.

Club were considering letting Mertesacker go this season before his injury and his contract is up next summer so he isn't on the long term plans at all. Armband tells nothing as has been evidenced by both Vermaelen and Arteta previously and he just took the easy choice and BFG is really liked figure around the club.

Kroenke is a charlatan who admires the glazers, like FSG do. It's why I'm so openly critical of both.

The Arsenal board were (somewhat bigoted) snobs when they rejected Usmanov. More fool them, because he would have made Arsenal so much more competitive.

I've always given Wenger the benefit of the doubt. But now it's really going too far.

He needs to get a few players in. They really are just a couple of players away from being a strong contender for the Prem. ATM it's top5 I think

I've always given Wenger the benefit of the doubt. But now it's really going too far.

He needs to get a few players in. They really are just a couple of players away from being a strong contender for the Prem. ATM it's top5 I think

They've always been 1 or 2 off. That's what so frustrating, and I don't even like Arsenal. He's got to go

They've always been 1 or 2 off. That's what so frustrating, and I don't even like Arsenal. He's got to go

Yeah thats what I mean about me giving him the benefit OTD. I always think 'this year he will get those few last pieces he needs'

Then the window shuts and he's done sod all, leaving all Arsenal fans raging.

Nobody expects him to go out and spend every penny, just go and spend what's needed for those special kinds of players that make the difference

Kroenke is a charlatan who admires the glazers, like FSG do. It's why I'm so openly critical of both.

The Arsenal board were (somewhat bigoted) snobs when they rejected Usmanov. More fool them, because he would have made Arsenal so much more competitive.

Saw a story Usmanov might sell up and go in at Everton with his mate who is an investor there you think he could?

Back