The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Saw a story Usmanov might sell up and go in at Everton with his mate who is an investor there you think he could?

I think he should unless he can convince Kroenke to leave which is unlikely. Bigger possibilities to make at Everton I think.

They've always been 1 or 2 off. That's what so frustrating, and I don't even like Arsenal. He's got to go

There's something about Arsenal which makes even fans of other teams feel frustrated about. Souness said the same thing that often when leaving Emirates or elsewhere when commentating Arsenal games he feels angry.

Everything is in place for club to really compete and not just play this lip service we have been shown over and over again. Real shame as Wenger has done so much for this club, but he is tarnishing his own legacy with his inability to adjust to modern game and especially what goes on around the modern game.

They've always been 1 or 2 off.

Yeah, that's exactly the thing with them, isn't it?

The Professor takes so long to rebuild the team, by the time he improves the squad with those 1-2 guys, some other position needs replacement. The goalkeeper situation after Lehmann retired is a perfect example. They're settled now with Cech, but how ******* long did that take?

Last edited:
Was gonna do an Arsenal story, but it seems like nobody uses bigger clubs.... So should I not do this?

Yeah, that's exactly the thing with them, isn't it?

The Professor takes so long to rebuild the team, by the time he improves the squad with those 1-2 guys, some other position needs replacement. The goalkeeper situation after Lehmann retired is a perfect example. They're settled now with Cech, but how ******* long did that take?

Similar situation in defensive midfield, since Viera left, first proper DM was Coquelin, and that was totally unexpected, relatively late development, I'd even say kind of accidental.
Another issue is that few years back, the team was 1-2 players short because players were sold. Now, nobody is being sold and yet it's still 1-2 players short....

Similar situation in defensive midfield, since Viera left, first proper DM was Coquelin, and that was totally unexpected, relatively late development, I'd even say kind of accidental.
Another issue is that few years back, the team was 1-2 players short because players were sold. Now, nobody is being sold and yet it's still 1-2 players short....

Same as with Coquelin could be said of Bellerin. He was thrown the deep end and emerged through. What I saw from Holding today he looked really good and eventhough we are looking like signing Mustafi I'd hope he gets some time. Chambers is obviously not rated by Wenger and needs a loan.

Big problem with Wenger is him giving players too many chances and being overly trusting on them. Even if we now sign Mustafi we are still 2 positions short and one position Wenger himself identified end of season remains short: striker. That is true incompetence by him and club by not being able to fix it.

Sporting CP– Verified account ‏@Sporting_CP

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

.@joel_campbell12 challenge accepted! Welcome to Sporting CP! #BemvindoCampbell

4:59 am - 21 Aug 2016
1,542 RETWEETS802 LIKES.

Some of best footie entertainment around right now is on Arsenal Fan TV after a match. This first two weeks have just been leaping off the cliff EPIC meltdown mode. God love Robbie and they do some great things on that channel but tying to keep these in order after a game. Sheesh.

This is one of the mild, considered ones. NSFW.

[video=youtube;T6WqFsHhl2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6WqFsHhl2Q[/video]

Some of best footie entertainment around right now is on Arsenal Fan TV after a match. This first two weeks have just been leaping off the cliff EPIC meltdown mode. God love Robbie and they do some great things on that channel but tying to keep these in order after a game. Sheesh.

I wouldn't call this epic meltdown. Pretty sensible and they all have a point like haggling with Valencia for odd couple of million as it is well known they need the money to comply with FFP along other points.

Haha. Watched nearly all of them the other day, I swear 70% of that channels suscribers are opposition fans just waiting for an arsenal loss.

I have to say that I do have a grudging admiration for Wenger's stance in the transfer market regardless of how that affects his team. At times, he seems like the only sane person in a world gone mad!

I wouldn't call this epic meltdown. Pretty sensible and they all have a point like haggling with Valencia for odd couple of million as it is well known they need the money to comply with FFP along other points.

I don't think its hagging over a couple of million mate. I have a feeling Wenger is simply not convinced on Mustafi's quality. That also explains why Chelsea and Liverpool have shown no interest in him despite both teams desperately needing centre-backs.

I don't think its hagging over a couple of million mate. I have a feeling Wenger is simply not convinced on Mustafi's quality. That also explains why Chelsea and Liverpool have shown no interest in him despite both teams desperately needing centre-backs.

Any discussion about L'pool's need or not for centre half aside, completely agree on Mustafa. Good player. But Arsenal would be absolutely crazy to drop 40 odd million on him IMHO. You want 'elite' status if you're going to do that.

Any discussion about L'pool's need or not for centre half aside, completely agree on Mustafa. Good player. But Arsenal would be absolutely crazy to drop 40 odd million on him IMHO. You want 'elite' status if you're going to do that.

With the new riches of the PL clubs though, 40 million could be the new 'normal' for a good player unfortunately. Its quite obvious clubs are quoting different prices to clubs in the EPL and clubs in other leagues when it comes to selling their players. Sometimes you just need to pay up but obviously you need to draw the line when it starts getting into absurd territory like £60m for Koulibaly and £50m for Mustafi.

Otherwise every time Arsenal buy a player next, they will get taken for a ride.

May as well just pay the extra and get a top class CB, I mean surely Godins RC isn't that much more, would take a big offer to tempt someone like that I know but you get what you pay for

With the new riches of the PL clubs though, 40 million could be the new 'normal' for a good player unfortunately. Its quite obvious clubs are quoting different prices to clubs in the EPL and clubs in other leagues when it comes to selling their players. Sometimes you just need to pay up but obviously you need to draw the line when it starts getting into absurd territory like £60m for Koulibaly and £50m for Mustafi.

Otherwise every time Arsenal buy a player next, they will get taken for a ride.

Still can't believe Napoli are asking that for him. Anyone would think they had the second coming of Baresi on their hands which Koulibaly certainly is not.

Chelsea were right to walk away.

Still can't believe Napoli are asking that for him. Anyone would think they had the second coming of Baresi on their hands which Koulibaly certainly is not.

Chelsea were right to walk away.

I am not sure if Chelsea have walked away. We only have 5(!) senior defenders in the squad at the moment with absolutely zero cover at full-backs. Wherever we go next, we will have to pay over the odds. But as epic terrorist mentioned, if we are going to overpay, might as well do so for proven quality players like Godin.

Napoli don't want to sell him and just received £75M for higuain. No real surprise

Back