The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I have to say that I do have a grudging admiration for Wenger's stance in the transfer market regardless of how that affects his team. At times, he seems like the only sane person in a world gone mad!
That would only work if he operated aggressively to find up and coming targets. He does neither, prefers to be sanctimonious instead. Why wasn't he after Musa for example? Doesn't believe he has the quality maybe? Then he needs to spend more on a higher calibre player, doesn't want to do that either. It's nonsense.

That would only work if he operated aggressively to find up and coming targets. He does neither, prefers to be sanctimonious instead. Why wasn't he after Musa for example? Doesn't believe he has the quality maybe? Then he needs to spend more on a higher calibre player, doesn't want to do that either. It's nonsense.

Fair enough. I am not quite sure whats up at Arsenal. Is it the board who have installed tight controls on how the budget is spent and Wenger is the scapegoat in front of the media? Or is Wenger just a stubborn old git despite having a warchest at his disposal?

Fair enough. I am not quite sure whats up at Arsenal. Is it the board who have installed tight controls on how the budget is spent and Wenger is the scapegoat in front of the media? Or is Wenger just a stubborn old git despite having a warchest at his disposal?
tbh i think its a bit of both but like any thing in football who really knows

Wenger has almost complete control. And Kroenke is relatively tight fisted anyway

I don't think its hagging over a couple of million mate. I have a feeling Wenger is simply not convinced on Mustafi's quality. That also explains why Chelsea and Liverpool have shown no interest in him despite both teams desperately needing centre-backs.

The price Valencia are looking for him isn't the release clause of £40mil, but somewhere in region of 35mil euros. They are definitely selling, and they tried to offload the other CB Abdennour to almost every club in europe so they could be in better negotiation position for Mustafi, but no interest on Abdennour. They have until end of week to come up with 30mil euros to comply with FFP and Arsenal know it. They also seem to have deal in place for Schär so would have replacement in no time.

Wenger has almost complete control. And Kroenke is relatively tight fisted anyway

Tight fisted and silent on how to run the club. Wenger is the "main" man at Arsenal even before Gazidis and Kroenke.

‏@SportsPeteO

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Valencia boss Pako Ayestaran has revealed after their defeat to Las Palmas Mustafi is not for sale and will not be leaving the club. #AFC

So according to latest reports Wenger wanted Griezmann, but as Chelsea didn't sell Costa to them he would've been only possible to sign by triggering his 100mil euro release clause which the board then didn't allow Wenger to do. Would Griezmann even have moved is another matter as Atletico atm is ahead any English team competitively while not financially.

Spanish news outlets have yesterday started to report now that we've triggered Lucas Perez's release clause of 20mil euros from Deportivo and while he had interest from many top clubs during summer we now only have competition from Everton for his signature. Deportivo also want to keep him. He was really good last season for Deportivo and finished season with 17 goals and 10 assists if I recall.

I don't know how any Arsenal fan can be optimistic about this season honestly. Once again we are failing to strengthen key areas as we do every ******* year. We are actually considering the signature of Johnny Evans which I think is an utter disgrace of a signing especially as he is a reject. 1 week to go until the window closes and **** isn't looking pretty.

I don't know how any Arsenal fan can be optimistic about this season honestly. Once again we are failing to strengthen key areas as we do every ******* year. We are actually considering the signature of Johnny Evans which I think is an utter disgrace of a signing especially as he is a reject. 1 week to go until the window closes and **** isn't looking pretty.
Yup yup. High comedy as usual!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You could have a partnership of Phil Jones and Jonny Evans, it would still be better than Holding and Chambers mind you!

Poor old Jonny Evans getting stick but hes won more than anyone at Arsenal the last 8 odd years lol

Poor old Jonny Evans getting stick but hes won more than anyone at Arsenal the last 8 odd years lol

Djimi Traores played in a European Cup final and has the winners medal to prove it. But he's still utter wank.

***** **** however you tart it up.

Last edited:
Djimi Traires played in a Eurooean Cup final and has the winners medal to prove it. But he's still utter wank.

***** **** however you tart it up.

One competition, in one season, luck!

Jonny Evans was the beating heart of Manchester United for near on a decade. There was rarely a game when he didn't put his soul on the line to thwart the oncoming masses of world class superstar attackers. His bravery and astute tactical maneuvers were the backbone of everything Alex Ferguson gets lauded for. Born winner, born superstar, born LEGEND.

Apparently we`ll sign striker Lucas Perez from Depor this weekend. In Spain they say it`s almost done deal !!!
17 goals & 10 assists last season.

Here you have his goals from last season:

[video=youtube;XLtNFYo_fno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLtNFYo_fno[/video]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Pérez

Majority of his goals seem to come from pace, trickery and workrate. I can't see him being a successful FW in PL, well for Arsenal or any high profile club anyway.
He won't have to space to utilize his pace, will be defended much better so not much coming from trickery either.

I wouldn't mind him as a proper left winger to cover Alexis but he doesn't seem to be as good on the wing anyway.

Back