The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Oh dear

Phil McNulty– Verified account ‏@philmcnulty

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Reports in Spain saying Deportivo reject Arsenal's 20m Euro offer for Lucas Perez Martinez because they wanted to pay in two instalments.

Evans is absolute wank. Jones permanently injured and we don't need that.

The fact is he is ****.
Jonny Evans is a quality central defender. During the Sir Alex era, he was a rock at the back when filling in for Vidic/Ferdinand. Very consistent and hardly ever had a bad game. Even though we're not getting him, I respect him as a player to be honest.

Tbh despite Perez having a decent season last he's not anything better than what you have in Walcott, Ox etc.
He's there to offer something else upfront. He averaged a goal every two games in La Liga last season. There were to top strikers realistically available other than Ibra who's on monster wages and Higuain who cost £75 Million at 29. Özil and Sanchez are only going to be offered around 200k a week for their next contracts. The idea was to offer pace in behind as a Giroud alternative. Sanchez and Chamberlain aren't natural strikers and Walcott is ineffectual up top.

What more would you like me to add? He's ok but won't be an upgrade on any player you have. Simple!
According to GFFN, Wenger wanted Griezmann after watching him with Giroud at the Euros. He was hoping that Chelsea would sell Costa to Atletico so that Griezmann could be available £50-60 Million. Since Atletico now have Gameiro, apparently he asked the board to trigger the release clause of £75 Million who don't feel it's value for money. Apparently the board held money for a huge striker signing but it's out of the £96 Million transfer budget. Perez, Mustafi and Xhaka are within budget. It seems that we've signed Perez for the cheap price of £17 Million and left our big forward signing for next summer. It's no risk really.

Jonny Evans is a quality central defender. During the Sir Alex era, he was a rock at the back when filling in for Vidic/Ferdinand. Very consistent and hardly ever had a bad game. Even though we're not getting him, I respect him as a player to be honest.

Evans is just that for a bigger club. Good 3rd choice CB.

According to GFFN, Wenger wanted Griezmann after watching him with Giroud at the Euros. He was hoping that Chelsea would sell Costa to Atletico so that Griezmann could be available £50-60 Million. Since Atletico now have Gameiro, apparently he asked the board to trigger the release clause of £75 Million who don't feel it's value for money. Apparently the board held money for a huge striker signing but it's out of the £96 Million transfer budget. Perez, Mustafi and Xhaka are within budget. It seems that we've signed Perez for the cheap price of £17 Million and left our big forward signing for next summer. It's no risk really.

In which world will Griezzman be available for £50-60m? Chelsea have been trying to get him for the longest time but he is simply too expensive and Atletico are reluctant to sell their best player. Also in his new contract, his release claude is around £86m excluding additional taxes if I am not wrong. If he goes, he will go for close to a world-record fee as every major club will be taking an interest if he is put into play.

In which world will Griezzman be available for £50-60m? Chelsea have been trying to get him for the longest time but he is simply too expensive and Atletico are reluctant to sell their best player. Also in his new contract, his release claude is around £86m excluding additional taxes if I am not wrong. If he goes, he will go for close to a world-record fee as every major club will be taking an interest if he is put into play.

Yeah not only that with Atleti wanting Costa back, you would think if he was available at that price they would have taken part exchange with Costa and cash

Still a risk going through this season with your STR options. I do like Xhaka and Mustafi though!

Will be Mourinho big target next Summer imo to replace Rooney.

Still a risk going through this season with your STR options. I do like Xhaka and Mustafi though!
How he title challenge goes depends on how successful Perez is imo. Considering the lack of top strikers available, it's worth £17 Mill for a striker that scored 1 in 2 for Deportivo last season,

How he title challenge goes depends on how successful Perez is imo. Considering the lack of top strikers available, it's worth £17 Mill for a striker that scored 1 in 2 for Deportivo last season,

Perez might not be player to score 25-30 goals for us, but he offers something else to Giroud and I feel is better choice upfront than Walcott or Sanchez.

Overall Xhaka and Mustafi are massive upgrades to the squad and Perez while not in overall better than Giroud I feel provides something else so we will see how well we fare this season.

Still think we are bit short for the title unless couple of our players have seasons of their lives.

Evans WAS a quality central defender. If he was as adequate as he was before, United would of kept him for sure as backup. Sir Alex can be considered one of the best managers of our generation and lets not forget how he managed to transform rubbish players to perform consistently.

Gnabry is staying as far as I know along with a new contract according to AW.

Yeah I've also heard that new contract is coming, but there is also lot of interest in him on loan after great showing at Olympics. Arsene though doesn't want him to have a similar experience as he had with West Brom last season.

Back