The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Evans WAS a quality central defender. If he was as adequate as he was before, United would of kept him for sure as backup. Sir Alex can be considered one of the best managers of our generation and lets not forget how he managed to transform rubbish players to perform consistently.

In fairness, he had a solid season under Moyes as well. Then came the injury and suddenly he was shockingly bad. He's only 28, can still bounce back to his best form. You never know. Would certainly make a decent backup if nothing else.

Or that he won't get too many reds. :D

You need that sort of attitude in the middle of the pitch tbh. Wilshere tries to act tough but the joke is always on him because he can barely get onto the pitch in the first place.

You need that sort of attitude in the middle of the pitch tbh. Wilshere tries to act tough but the joke is always on him because he can barely get onto the pitch in the first place.
Wilshere goes into 50/50s and always ends up destroying his ankles. He's made of glass!

Wilshere goes into 50/50s and always ends up destroying his ankles. He's made of glass!

I am still salty as to just how he made it to the Euro 2016 squad after playing just 144 minutes last season. Granted England do not have the most talented pool of players but still .... It sends out a terrible message to other players if someone like Wilshere can just walk into the squad after doing **** all

Xhaka:
87% Pass Accuracy
5 Ball Recoveries
4 Successful Tackles
3 Clearances
2 Interceptions
2 Aerial Duels
1 Chance Created

Also Holding again impressed me. Looks like a real gem.

Rob Holding:
91% Passing Accuracy
7 Clearances
3 Aerial Duels
3 Ball Recoveries
2 Interceptions
1 Tackle
1 Blocked Cross

I am still salty as to just how he made it to the Euro 2016 squad after playing just 144 minutes last season. Granted England do not have the most talented pool of players but still .... It sends out a terrible message to other players if someone like Wilshere can just walk into the squad after doing **** all

If you look at purely on ability basis Wilshere walks in no question, but as evidenced in the Euros he was rusty as **** and by no means fit to play there. Disadvantage to Arsenal as well as he didn't get as long preseason as would have been optimal due to his participation in Euros.

If you look at purely on ability basis Wilshere walks in no question, but as evidenced in the Euros he was rusty as **** and by no means fit to play there. Disadvantage to Arsenal as well as he didn't get as long preseason as would have been optimal due to his participation in Euros.

I do not deny that on ability alone, he should go. But international tournaments not something you can drop a player just coming off injury into.

I do not deny that on ability alone, he should go. But international tournaments not something you can drop a player just coming off injury into.

Should have been Drinkwater all day long he won the league dunno what else he had to do

So far Wenger made few mistakes, he decided to play Elnenny in 3rd round, I mean Elnenny played his heart in last seasons second half when we were to bare bones, so why wouldn't he keep using him until Ramsey is back, Elnenny Xhaka partnership is something you need in middle, both are Jack of all Trades the thing every midlefield needs, I'm talking about real life football here not FM one. Elnenny had monster stats last season and he definitely showed it in this game aswell. Holding is playing awesome for mine money, he is the sort of player why you gotta love Wenger transfer policy, buy low sell high. I would like to see how team kicks off from now on with first win of the season and considering Giroud is gonna get his season debut along with Ramsey, Arsenal have a real killer team here. Can't wait to see Walcott benched, don't get me wrong but I really don't like Walcott and OX can't tell why but when I see them in starting XI makes me wanna switch channel on TV.
Cheers fellas and lets hope this is our time COYG

So far Wenger made few mistakes, he decided to play Elnenny in 3rd round, I mean Elnenny played his heart in last seasons second half when we were to bare bones, so why wouldn't he keep using him until Ramsey is back, Elnenny Xhaka partnership is something you need in middle, both are Jack of all Trades the thing every midlefield needs, I'm talking about real life football here not FM one. Elnenny had monster stats last season and he definitely showed it in this game aswell. Holding is playing awesome for mine money, he is the sort of player why you gotta love Wenger transfer policy, buy low sell high. I would like to see how team kicks off from now on with first win of the season and considering Giroud is gonna get his season debut along with Ramsey, Arsenal have a real killer team here. Can't wait to see Walcott benched, don't get me wrong but I really don't like Walcott and OX can't tell why but when I see them in starting XI makes me wanna switch channel on TV.
Cheers fellas and lets hope this is our time COYG

Elneny was a real steal for what £5mil last January. Really underrated player, but today I think Cazorla and Xhaka partnership worked really well.

Walcott and Ox are both so inconsistent. One moment of brilliance coupled with so much ****. Today Ox especially was liability on left as he didn't track back as much was needed.

Elneny was a real steal for what £5mil last January. Really underrated player, but today I think Cazorla and Xhaka partnership worked really well.

Walcott and Ox are both so inconsistent. One moment of brilliance coupled with so much ****. Today Ox especially was liability on left as he didn't track back as much was needed.

I ended up with Xhaka, Cazorla and Sanchez in my premier league fantasy draft great day for that team!

I ended up with Xhaka, Cazorla and Sanchez in my premier league fantasy draft great day for that team!
I always pick Sanchez Ozil and Bellerin, since as a Gunner we can all tell that right flank is gonna be played by some shine bright like a cesspool fella, yes Im talking bout Ox and Walcott, so Bellerin does their part of the job, call me mad, but lad is playing so good and he did the same thing last season, he became mine favorite RB in World, as for Cazorla, I really like his gameplay, but I feel he is being shadowed by Ozil, Santi was a AMC when he joined up, so imo playing Santi on RW could give team an amazing option in final third, not only he can supply with crosses and good passes, but he aint affraid to chllenge for ball and he can score, and he is left footed so he could storm couple of goals from some distance if given chance on that RW. so mine Arsenal sqd with all back would look like Nacho Kos Bellerin Xhaka Elneny Santi Ozil Sanchez and Giroud Cech is on GK thats for sure, as for other CB im oo afraid to give a pick, since Gabriel can screw it like total amateur and I don't wanna jynx Holding lol :D and Ramsey, Ramsey and Wilshere are mine biggest thorns, I mean them 2 can give ya all you ever wanted or make you regret every decision you ever made, so much gamble on both of them imo

Arsenal transfer news: Shkodran Mustafi says Mesut Ozil convinced him to make '*****' Gunners move | Football | Sport | London Evening Standard

Mustafi clearly been paying attention to Van Gaal :P

Sky Sports News HQ– Verified account ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING: Sky Sources: @Boro agree season-long loan for @Arsenal defender @CalumChambers95. More here: [url]http://skysports.tv/xVHd9l [/URL] #SSNHQ

Back