The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M

Sky Football ⚽️– Verified account ‏@SkyFootball

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Sky sources: Arsenal have made midfielder Jack Wilshere available for loan [url]http://skysports.tv/LDHmEI [/URL]

Elneny was a real steal for what £5mil last January. Really underrated player, but today I think Cazorla and Xhaka partnership worked really well.

Walcott and Ox are both so inconsistent. One moment of brilliance coupled with so much ****. Today Ox especially was liability on left as he didn't track back as much was needed.

I disagree on Walcott. Walcott usually has monster stats as well. He's a very good finisher. He's needed to accept for a few seasons that he isn't a striker. He can easily scored over a goal every two games this season.

Alex Chaffer– ‏@AlexChaffer

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Serge Gnabry will join Bayern Munich from Arsenal and play this season on-loan at Werder Bremen, according to Sky Germany.
11:12 pm - 29 Aug 2016
70 RETWEETS19 LIKES.

Looks like we have no choice because he's in the last year of his contract. Surely we'll use a buyback clause? Can't complain really especially as we do it to Barca all the time.

Looks like we have no choice because he's in the last year of his contract. Surely we'll use a buyback clause? Can't complain really especially as we do it to Barca all the time.
I doubt Munich would have a buy back clause. And with not much power in negotiations due to his contract length can't see it. Shame was great at the Olympics and has been very good for German youth team.

Just been told by an Arsenal mate that Jack Wilshere could be going out on loan, and after checking it out, I can see there's some speculation about it alright, thoughts? I didn't see that one coming, and he doesn't seem the type of person who would like that at all.

Just been told by an Arsenal mate that Jack Wilshere could be going out on loan, and after checking it out, I can see there's some speculation about it alright, thoughts? I didn't see that one coming, and he doesn't seem the type of person who would like that at all.
Just my opinion I don't think we will see him in an Arsenal shirt again. He's way down the pecking order, can't stay fit and will want to play first team footy. Can't see him ever living up to the hype either.

Just my opinion I don't think we will see him in an Arsenal shirt again. He's way down the pecking order, can't stay fit and will want to play first team footy. Can't see him ever living up to the hype either.

To be fair to him he's got really good ability and natural talent, but he's made of glass and unfortunately madly overrated by the media & Arsenal fans (I feel for the lad, and any young English player that suffered from it). Maybe I'm wrong here, but he comes across as a little bit of an ego (which I get, you're told so much that you're this & that and it sinks in) and I'm sure that he would definitely regard himself as an established player nowadays so it may well not go down too well.. but it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes. One thing I will say about him, he seems Arsenal through & through, and I just can't see any possible destination for him in England. Despite his ability, with his horrid injury track record, he's a risk signing for anyone, which I suppose would make a loan move more attractive for other clubs.

I don't think he's overrated. It's pretty simple. He's played 10 games in 3 seasons and we've moved on from him. 148 minutes in his last 2 years. He will walk into the England side if he can string a few games together. Telegraph say AC Milan want a £30 Million fee in the loan contract and Juve are interested. Apparently, Arsenal don't want to sell so next season would be a defining moment. He is unlucky. He missed the whole season because Gabriel fractured his leg in training.

I'm not sure about Wilshere's loan. It's obvious that he needs gametime and good streak of games, but the loan would have to go extremely well IMO, which is not usually the case for loans.
He either needs to play extremely well in mid to top table club or respectably in foreign title challenging club. If his performance would be mediocre, it might destroy his confidence and club's confidence in him. I mean, if I was someone who dominated Barca and 5 years later, I struggle in a mid table club I'd be gutted.

I'm not sure about Wilshere's loan. It's obvious that he needs gametime and good streak of games, but the loan would have to go extremely well IMO, which is not usually the case for loans.
He either needs to play extremely well in mid to top table club or respectably in foreign title challenging club. If his performance would be mediocre, it might destroy his confidence and club's confidence in him. I mean, if I was someone who dominated Barca and 5 years later, I struggle in a mid table club I'd be gutted.

I'd give him a go at AC milan TBH, got to be better than Montolivo!

I'd give him a go at AC milan TBH, got to be better than Montolivo!
Italy would be great. Generally slower and softer league where his knees/ankles hopefully won't get shot to death and has enough room to shine, especially at the likes of Milan.

Anyone else find it sort of ironic that Wenger is always moaning about the money in today's game, the lack of value etc, yet is the 4th best paid manager in the world?(excluding China because China is insane)

Back