The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I think it's all blown of of proportion. It's a non-league club, the geezer gets paid next to nothing (for a footballer), he was crashing in a little room out the back of the club facilities half of the week, and a bookmaker offers 8/1 to eat a pie..... an absolute no brainer.

What's the difference between this, and say Richard Johnson or Ruby Walsh telling their mates that they're on a certainty at Cheltenham?

It's as if it was a "this market is only made for us to steal your hard earned, if you win, we'll investigate" move from the bookies.
I don't get how they can offer a bet that he is as close as guaranteed to know about, even if he didn't see it no chance someone doesn't tell him about it. The second he knows about it he is then in a position where no matter what he does he will knowingly impact the bet by either choosing to eat a pie or not. Unlike a striker knowing there are odds on them to score people try and stop them and they have to try and do it as their job. This was something so irrelevant to his job, if he had done it but not told people that he was going to do it seems to be the only way that he can stop people from making money off of mocking him and not risk himself

The only slight difference is that he can offer a definite answer to if he will do it or not unlike a jockey where things could still go wrong, a fall etc, the second he commits to doing it you are making guaranteed money where as off a tip there is still a risk

They offer these type of markets at their own risk. What colour will the queens dress be? What will the royal baby be called? Will Wayne Shaw eat a pie? The only difference is, the former don't need to cash in on it, the poor chap who sleeps half a week a crummy room at his club see's it as goldmine. I even recall a bookmaker offering something like 'will more than 5 Arsenal players will wear snoods' in a warm up a few years back.

If it comes back to bite them (no pun intended), then more fool them for offering it, especially in this sort of situation. But they don't care, one rule for them, different for the punter.

Like he wasn't in on the publicity stunt to start with.

There's no genuine betting line there. Just a publicity money making scam and the complete ******* can't see he's been played for a complete mug by that low life organisation.

Like he wasn't in on the publicity stunt to start with.

There's no genuine betting line there. Just a publicity money making scam and the complete ******* can't see he's been played for a complete mug by that low life organisation.
Really doubt he was in on it then they would have been offering money on a bet they had in essence fixed which is illegal and no way a bookmaker would do it.

Really doubt he was in on it then they would have been offering money on a bet they had in essence fixed which is illegal and no way a bookmaker would do it.

I think you give that organisation WAY more credit than they never deserved.

But regardless, he's now turned himself into a complete mug by letting them milk him for the publicity and he's too dimwitted to see what's going on.

Can't blame him at all, as long as it isn't an English team but knowing our board its 90% chance it will be.

If I'm an Arsenal fan I'd be sound with that. Don't need players at the club that don't want to be there.

Too many with that kind of **** poor attitude at Arsenal.

Wengers made a host of mistakes and probably needs to go no question. But I really feel fro him working against that.

Ridiculous move by Wenger. You drop Sanchez as a punishment for storming out of training yet keep him on the bench and bring him on at half time. Completely undermines his own authority by doing so. Either drop him from the squad entirely until he apologises or start him and indulge his nonsense because he is a world-class player. Wenger tries to take the middle road and he does not achieve anything.

From The Stands‏ @FromTStands

Alexis Sanchez has told members of staff at Arsenal that he wants to leave the club this summer. (John Cross)

Cant blame him at all just a question of where he ends up, every man and his dog will want him

Can't blame him at all, as long as it isn't an English team but knowing our board its 90% chance it will be.
We wouldn't even loan Man United Mathieu Debuchy. This isn't 2012.
If I'm an Arsenal fan I'd be sound with that. Don't need players at the club that don't want to be there.

Too many with that kind of **** poor attitude at Arsenal.

Wengers made a host of mistakes and probably needs to go no question. But I really feel fro him working against that.
It's disgraceful how he's taking advantage of the managerial situation. Sell him to PSG or Juve for the biggest price.
Ridiculous move by Wenger. You drop Sanchez as a punishment for storming out of training yet keep him on the bench and bring him on at half time. Completely undermines his own authority by doing so. Either drop him from the squad entirely until he apologises or start him and indulge his nonsense because he is a world-class player. Wenger tries to take the middle road and he does not achieve anything.

In actually happy with what's leaked yesterday. I've kept a close eye on him ever since he stormed out of the stadium after the Norwich game last April. He's stormed out of training, been confronted be teammates and had a bust-up. This wasn't the only incident. Apparently teammates had been unhappy with his general attitude. He isn't a team player and I want him out of the club ASAP.

We wouldn't even loan Man United Mathieu Debuchy. This isn't 2012.

It's disgraceful how he's taking advantage of the managerial situation. Sell him to PSG or Juve for the biggest price.

In actually happy with what's leaked yesterday. I've kept a close eye on him ever since he stormed out of the stadium after the Norwich game last April. He's stormed out of training, been confronted be teammates and had a bust-up. This wasn't the only incident. Apparently teammates had been unhappy with his general attitude. He isn't a team player and I want him out of the club ASAP.

My opinion is that Arsenal could do with some anger. Yes damola I know a little shouty-shouty is not what Arsenal need but sometimes fans need to see that the players care and are accountable for what they produce on the pitch. You can say many things about Alexis but you definitely cannot say that he does not care.

That's one thing that makes Sanchez different to so many players in this situation, when he's on the pitch, he's the man who tries to hardest. Leaves nothing out there majority of the time. Sorta contradicts his stand and behaviour at the club, but I suppose I'll commend that he still gives 100% when out there.

That's one thing that makes Sanchez different to so many players in this situation, when he's on the pitch, he's the man who tries to hardest. Leaves nothing out there majority of the time. Sorta contradicts his stand and behaviour at the club, but I suppose I'll commend that he still gives 100% when out there.

This isn't the first time. He stormed out of the Stadium last year and displayed a poor team ethic. Guardiola found him a nightmare to manage. We should sell him and rebuild. Hope PSG throw big money at him. On the pitch, he doesn't listen to instructions. There's this narrative that Sanchez epitomises passion and that he's the only one that cares.

This is in fact false. He throws fits when things aren't going his own way and has shown a complete and utter disregard for teammates on multiple occasions. He often ignores tactical instructions such as in the Bayern game when Wenger outlined intentions to sit preceding the Bayern game. Instead, Alexis tries to force the team to press and often charges out of the defensive block aimlessly. This is one factor for him failing to start against Liverpool. Disregards tactical instructions and does his own thing, then gets praised for 'passion'.

Anybody who believes that he cares for the club is deluded. Running around aimlessly and disregarding instructions isn't passion. He gets away with it because of this grand delusion. He's always been a terrible team player that does his own thing and gets praised for it.

Not saying you're wrong Damola, but how the **** do you know what instructions he was given?

YOU A MOLE IN THE CAMP!?

This isn't the first time. He stormed out of the Stadium last year and displayed a poor team ethic. Guardiola found him a nightmare to manage. We should sell him and rebuild. Hope PSG throw big money at him. On the pitch, he doesn't listen to instructions. There's this narrative that Sanchez epitomises passion and that he's the only one that cares.

This is in fact false. He throws fits when things aren't going his own way and has shown a complete and utter disregard for teammates on multiple occasions. He often ignores tactical instructions such as in the Bayern game when Wenger outlined intentions to sit preceding the Bayern game. Instead, Alexis tries to force the team to press and often charges out of the defensive block aimlessly. This is one factor for him failing to start against Liverpool. Disregards tactical instructions and does his own thing, then gets praised for 'passion'.

Anybody who believes that he cares for the club is deluded. Running around aimlessly and disregarding instructions isn't passion. He gets away with it because of this grand delusion. He's always been a terrible team player that does his own thing and gets praised for it.

Or maybe he has realized what everyone (including yourself) did long ago that Wenger is a tactical dinosaur whose tactical instructions aren't worth adhering to and he is the only one with the balls to try something new. If he disregards tactical instructions, that says waaay more about the lack of faith players have Wenger than it does about Sanchez.

And if you are really going to sell one of the best players in the EPL to protect the crumbling credibility of a French has-been then I don't know what to say.

Not saying you're wrong Damola, but how the **** do you know what instructions he was given?

YOU A MOLE IN THE CAMP!?
Ever since he stormed out of the stadium last April, I've watched closely. The articles all referenced his indiscipline and disregard of instructions. He pulled this **** under Guardiola who found him hard to manage.
Lets be honest, there dosent seem much tactical present on Wenger mind. The teams he puts out and players he buys is just mindblowing. Relying on players like Iwobi when you have Lucas on the bench. Welbeck seems to be back, use him more. The apsent of Lucas is strange. I know he had minor injuries but still only bench apps, paid 20mil for him, do something with him. Nothing tactical seems on the pitch. Alexis has brought you so many points to keep that precious CL spot.
I dont think everything is to blame on Alexis. He is frustrated and most of this comes from management side.

Dont see Wenger staying anymore.
Whether he's frustrated is irrelevant. Doesn't excuse poor professionalism and such a poor attitude/team ethic. He's partially responsible for this.
Or maybe he has realized what everyone (including yourself) did long ago that Wenger is a tactical dinosaur whose tactical instructions aren't worth adhering to and he is the only one with the balls to try something new. If he disregards tactical instructions, that says waaay more about the lack of faith players have Wenger than it does about Sanchez.

And if you are really going to sell one of the best players in the EPL to protect the crumbling credibility of a French has-been then I don't know what to say.
There's no excuse for ignoring the gameplan. You either put up or go. You don't storm out of the stadium when suits substituted or storm out of training when you like. He shows a complete disregard for teammates and doesn't listen to tactical instructions.

While I agree that Wenger is tactically ambiguous, it's a disgrace that you praise Alexis for being such a poor professional. This isn't to do with Wenger's future. Alexis isn't the football manager. Alexis is a partial reason that the tactical approach doesn't always work.

I would ****** love Sanchez at United
I'd have him at Chelsea too. To be fair, there isn't a team that would say no to Sanchez.

@damola3 Don't think he will go for a very large sum given the fact that he will be in his last year starting the transfer window.

Back