The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Exactly. Wenger hanging out in French Riviera during summer is nothing new, but him with Gazidis... Something is going on.
He has hinted in recent days of spending the budget on few players. Looks like they'll go all out on Mbappe. I think the target is 2 more top players.

It was from Mohamed Bouhafsi of L'equipe, reported on by GFFN and claimed by the Times. Arsene Wenger has had a relationship with the player and his family for years and almost signed him before he signed a professional contract a year ago. You then have Wenger and Gazidis being pictured in Nice over the past few day. Looks like all of the eggs in one basket.
I feel like any player who even plays at a semi pro level has been almost signed by Wenger

Surely 2 players won't be enough!? What's happening with Ozil and Sanchez?

2 WC players + Kolasinac.

Also I think club is on a market for a backup for Bellerin and as Ospina is likely off and rumours that Szczesny is also sold to Italy club will likely sign a new goalkeeper.

No news as of now about either of them. Özil will likely sign an extension and Sanchez won't be sold unless Wenger can get player to replace him.

2 WC players + Kolasinac.

Also I think club is on a market for a backup for Bellerin and as Ospina is likely off and rumours that Szczesny is also sold to Italy club will likely sign a new goalkeeper.

No news as of now about either of them. Özil will likely sign an extension and Sanchez won't be sold unless Wenger can get player to replace him.
Our squad is probably the deepest in Europe. We need to trim the fat and only by top top player. If we somehow managed to get Mbappe and he was our only signing, it would be a successful summer.

Our squad is probably the deepest in Europe. We need to trim the fat and only by top top player. If we somehow managed to get Mbappe and he was our only signing, it would be a successful summer.
Signing Mbappe would be a good Summer, but don't think that would be enough. Think Madrid have the deepest squad in Europe by a mile.

I meant the premier league. Big error. Madrid have the best squad of all time.
Looking at there bench in the CL final, didn't know either to laugh or cry. Rediculous lol. Think Arsenal, Utd have the best squads in the prem atm. Especially after City released a load.

Signing Mbappe would be a good Summer, but don't think that would be enough. Think Madrid have the deepest squad in Europe by a mile.

No most definately not. Kolasinac is a good signing and like Xhaka no pushover... We also need a midfielder and would be happy with either one of Seri or Tolisso. Lot of competition for both so no easy task there... Either Lacazette or Mbappe would fix our strike force and then there is one signing that has to happen if not this summer then next: long term Koscielny replacement.

No most definately not. Kolasinac is a good signing and like Xhaka no pushover... We also need a midfielder and would be happy with either one of Seri or Tolisso. Lot of competition for both so no easy task there... Either Lacazette or Mbappe would fix our strike force and then there is one signing that has to happen if not this summer then next: long term Koscielny replacement.
Like the look of Holding!

Like the look of Holding!

You mean Roberto Holdini. ;)

Don't want to start overhyping him too much too soon, but looks like a really good prospect for us.

Have to also see how Chambers does in the 3 man defence. Has looked bit shaky as part of 2 man backline, but could do well in 3. Also Gabriel looked instantly more composed as part of 3 and not 2.

This is going to be a very tricky season for Arsenal, your scheduling will be much more intense like United's was with the burden of EL and PL games. You really do need a big squad if you wan to realistically be competitive in both.

Wenger has certainly took a very risky decision on continuing as manager. He could of easily bowed out after the FA Cup win and left a very tricky situation for the next guy. But I commend him for it, however this season could really make or break his Arsenal tenure in my opinion. If you really fall off the rails, he'll never be remembered the same, if he somehow say wins a PL this season everyone will suddenly be crazy about him again.

Big risk to take for Wenger, but commendable all the same.

You mean Roberto Holdini. ;)

Don't want to start overhyping him too much too soon, but looks like a really good prospect for us.

Have to also see how Chambers does in the 3 man defence. Has looked bit shaky as part of 2 man backline, but could do well in 3. Also Gabriel looked instantly more composed as part of 3 and not 2.
Chambers wasn't shaky at all at centre back. It only started when he moved to right back then got shredded by Jefferson Montero.

Back