The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You mean Roberto Holdini. ;)

Don't want to start overhyping him too much too soon, but looks like a really good prospect for us.

Have to also see how Chambers does in the 3 man defence. Has looked bit shaky as part of 2 man backline, but could do well in 3. Also Gabriel looked instantly more composed as part of 3 and not 2.
Never been a huge fan of Chambers tbh. Not saying he couldn't turn out a good player, but never got the hype. Been very unimpressed with him out on loan. There's only one Roberto in the Prem and that's Smaldini ;)

This is going to be a very tricky season for Arsenal, your scheduling will be much more intense like United's was with the burden of EL and PL games. You really do need a big squad if you wan to realistically be competitive in both.

Wenger has certainly took a very risky decision on continuing as manager. He could of easily bowed out after the FA Cup win and left a very tricky situation for the next guy. But I commend him for it, however this season could really make or break his Arsenal tenure in my opinion. If you really fall off the rails, he'll never be remembered the same, if he somehow say wins a PL this season everyone will suddenly be crazy about him again.

Big risk to take for Wenger, but commendable all the same.

Yeah. I fully expect Wenger to go all in for Premier League next season and leave the Europa League for squad players to handle.

Never been a huge fan of Chambers tbh. Not saying he couldn't turn out a good player, but never got the hype. Been very unimpressed with him out on loan. There's only one Roberto in the Prem and that's Smaldini ;)
Chambers is defo our best young centre back by a mile. Still has a large ceiling. Should start centrally in the back 3 imo if we don't sign a central defender.

According to DiMarzio Arsenal have accepted a 14 mil + 2 mil in bonuses offer for Szczesny from Juventus.

We've been robbed I feel.

What is it with Juventus and transfers? The kings it seems at negotiating.

For me the fee should be over 20 million. Szczesny has developed well at Roma in the last couple years and it's not even that. We should keep him to take over from Cech.
Maybe just didn't settle in the Prem for whatever reason. Been good at Roma last two seasons, but still has howlers in him.

If Wenger pays 50% over the world record for a player I would be shocked, also even if they did not sure I see the massive attraction of Arsenal for M'bappe. He could pick his club I feel that one with a manager disliked by fans and whose best players seem unsure if they will be staying or not isn't as attractive a destination as Real Madrid, or staying in Monaco and playing in the CL again even

From David Amoyal

Yes Mourinho and Wenger would love Mbappe' but Monaco wants to keep him a year and Mbappe' prefers Real Madrid

I'm personally highly skeptical about that possible € 140 million offer. Lot of rumours going on, but the facts are:

To start of Monaco's owner has already said that Mbappe himself and not Monaco will decide his future. Club won't stand in his way if they receive a suitable offer and I for one think € 100 million offers were more than suitable.
( Kylian Mbappe will decide his own Monaco future - Dmitiri Rybolovlev - ESPN FC )

One thing Arsenal have going for them is Wenger. He personally knows the Mbappe family and had talks with them over the potential transfer last year also. Wenger has said that he sees Mbappe as a future ballon d'or winner and also said Mbappe for him is worth 100 million. Arsenal can also promise him playing time, which Real or other teams with the ability to buy him cannot and Mbappe has himself said if he moves he will move to a place where he has guaranteed playing time.

Interesting times and I think we will get some information on this after the internationals in couple of weeks.

if wenger gets mbappe i will sing blue moon wearing a city shirt whilst dressed as a clown.And u can hold me to that and i will broadcast it

if wenger gets mbappe i will sing blue moon wearing a city shirt whilst dressed as a clown.And u can hold me to that and i will broadcast it

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up on that.

I think lot depends on what Monaco do on transfer market this summer and especially who they sell off...

They already lost Bernardo Silva which is a huge step back and potentially losing Fabinho and Bakayoko along with Mendy would probably be enough for Mbappe to decide to leave.

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up on that.

I think lot depends on what Monaco do on transfer market this summer and especially who they sell off...

They already lost Bernardo Silva which is a huge step back and potentially losing Fabinho and Bakayoko along with Mendy would probably be enough for Mbappe to decide to leave.

i just think that no CL football and reals interest means arsenal cant compete for him.Seen it too many times,wenger linked/interested in a world class player only for it to fall through the net.Mbappe may stay another year in monaco but cant see any destination other than spian

Back