The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
i just think that no CL football and reals interest means arsenal cant compete for him.Seen it too many times,wenger linked/interested in a world class player only for it to fall through the net.Mbappe may stay another year in monaco but cant see any destination other than spian

I don't really think CL matters in this one. First thing on his mind is guaranteed games and Wenger has said that he'd be guaranteed starter for Arsenal, which is something Madrid cannot offer. According to reports he said when he met with Wenger last year that he wants to spend one more year at Monaco to breakthrough, which he has now done.

Yeah I remember some of those instances too, but times were different as financially Arsenal werent in the position they are now. While revenue is lower than some of the clubs there is huge advantage in having over 200 million sitting in the bank.

The talk is intensifying on Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving. Not least from the Times excellent journo Jonathan Northcroft.

Never understood why Wenger has never fully trusted him. Reading he's only ever completed 90 minutes 5 games in succession once his 6 years at Arsenal blows my mind. Always thought he was a terrific little player. If the fee and salary were sound on our terms, I'd love to get him.

His versatility. alongside his technique and rapid speed, would be a fantastic addition to our arsenal. (Pun intended.). Your mouth drools when you think what Klopp could do with that bracket of player.

Only thing is I'm 'minded of the manager going out of his way the last window to say he had zero interest at all. But it's certainly gonna' be one to follow. Things are hotting up down London on this one.

Last edited:
Klopp could do so much more with a player that cant string 5 games together in a higher intense/paced system? really?

Considering Pep's heavily linked to coveting him too, really.

We play much more possession based, i could see it maybe.

Klopps full flying heavy metal pool doesn't have a broken OX init for me, or not for very long anyway.

City play much more a possession game and less pressing than L'pool do?

That's like reading a stereotypical flippant, ill-informed media appraisal.

IMHO, at still only 23 with his rapid pace, power, work rate and versatility, I think he'd be a perfect addition to our front group. And City's come to that.

Why he's been so criminally under-utilised at Arsenal is anyone's guess? But then as noted elsewhere, what Wenger has been thinking the last decade or so leaves a LOT to desired.

West Ham after Giroud. Perfect fit imo. I like the OX but he needs to play regular or he just looks average and inconsistent. Will suit Pool better than City imo. But he needs to be a starter.

City play much more a possession game and less pressing than L'pool do?

That's like reading a stereotypical flippant, ill-informed media appraisal.

IMHO, at still only 23 with his rapid pace, power, work rate and versatility, I think he'd be a perfect addition to our front group. And City's come to that.

Why he's been so criminally under-utilised at Arsenal is anyone's guess? But then as noted elsewhere, what Wenger has been thinking the last decade or so leaves a LOT to desired.

Prob not much in it, just always see pool as a "faster team" for some reason.. prob still reading "A Klopp team" as a "Dortmund" team. :)

Prob not much in it, just always see pool as a "faster team" for some reason.. prob still reading "A Klopp team" as a "Dortmund" team. :)

We're at our best and as unplayable as unplayable gets when we're going full throttle (ironically the best answer to that last year was City at City who matched that intensity in that wonderful game of footie), but our approach has evolved with little tweaks here and there the longer he's been here and the more he's got to know this league and learned from his mistakes.

Injuries. He always plays when fit, couple games rusty then gets it going and then gets injured.

have to say if i was an arsenal fan i would be unhappy at the way wenger has utilised oX,wilshere and a few others.

31m for Thomas Lemar. Come on I know you start low but that rediculous. He's worth at least 15-20m more than that fantastic young talent!

Yeah most of BS atm. Even seen reports this morning that there not selling anyone after Bakayoko to Chelsea.

Yeah contradicts quite heavily on what the owner said. If player wants to go they can go as long as club receive a good fee.

Back