The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Watching Germany v Mexico just now and Arsenal should be all over Goretzka. Would be great partner for Xhaka in the middle.

Watching Germany v Mexico just now and Arsenal should be all over Goretzka. Would be great partner for Xhaka in the middle.
Great player. Watched him a lot the last few years. Had a bit of a spell with injuries but looks to be over them now. Would be great replacement for Carrick. Also a good partner for Xhaka. Seen him linked with Dortmund and Bayern want him for next season.

Great player. Watched him a lot the last few years. Had a bit of a spell with injuries but looks to be over them now. Would be great replacement for Carrick. Also a good partner for Xhaka. Seen him linked with Dortmund and Bayern want him for next season.

Yeah I think he could do well for Utd as well. Seen those links as well, but I think those moves might be dead now. I think Dortmund signed Dahoud and they have Weigl already and Bayern signed Tolisso with also Rudy coming in I believe (and they have also Kimmich, Sanchez etc)

Apparently both Lacazette and Mahrez on their way to finalize transfers to Arsenal.

Lacazette fee € 53 million + 7 million in potential add ons.

Also club still pursuing Mbappé and Wenger wants to partner him up with Lacazette.

Apparently both Lacazette and Mahrez on their way to finalize transfers to Arsenal.

Lacazette fee € 53 million + 7 million in potential add ons.

Also club still pursuing Mbappé and Wenger wants to partner him up with Lacazette.

I assume Mahrez is a replacement for Sanchez whos most likely off too Bayern.

Unrelated to Sanchez from what I've gathered so far (Could be wrong ofc) and by the looks of it Bayern can't/won't pay his wages and transfer fee and City are only club willing to do it (Still no official contact from them or anyone for him).

Sanchez going might be contingent on Mbappé coming in. So if that happens club are willing to let him go and if not then keep him for a year.

Wouldn't touch Mahrez if he was on a freebie and cheaper end wages personally. Another with his attitude is the last thing Wenger needs as things currently are fan wise.

But then if it's correct Oxlade-Chamberlain has turned down Arsenal's final extension offer I'd be back in there before the weekend was out and you wouldn't so yer know?

Wouldn't touch Mahrez if he was on a freebie and cheaper end wages personally. Another with his attitude is the last thing Wenger needs as things currently are fan wise.

But then if it's correct Oxlade-Chamberlain has turned down Arsenal's final extension offer I'd be back in there before the weekend was out and you wouldn't so yer know?

While Mahrez wouldn't be my first choice as a new signing if he can play anywhere close like he did for Leicester 2015-16 then he will be a good signing. I personally believe he might actually come in and replace Walcott on the squad which if true would be an upgrade with quite similar wage package as Walcott is on at the moment.

Ox's agent is troublesome from what I've gathered. Someone Liverpool fans know very well: Aidy Ward. Personally wouldn't be that bothered if he goes... He might be able to battle it out with Bellerin for RWB position next season, but in his favored CM role he is nowhere near good enough to be a starter for us.

Given that's the outlying season in his career that's a pretty big 'if.' He was one of the biggest disgraces of many disgraces at Leicester last year that patently downed tools to get rid of Ranieri.

Aidy Wards not troublesome. He's a flat out A1 sh*thouse. That'd make negotiating interesting. Pre-Klopp like, but they dropped any and all interest in Beharino as soon as he switched agents to him.

Yeah Lacazzete will be a good signing not sure he will hit the same numbers as so far in France not to do with there league just a feeling. Yeah I wouldn't go near Mahrez either, seems like a player that will go missing when thing get tough. Can't see Mbappe coming.

Lacazette us an excellent excellent signing. Extremely hard worker and deadly finisher. Always felt Giroud was not really a striker who can lead a team to the titlebut Lacazette definitely is. Tbh surprised Chelsea were not in for him.

Absolutely massive signing that, Lacazette wil be a big success I feel. Not just his finishing but his ability to drop deep and link the play is actually pretty good too far better than Giroud's defo suits Arsenals style better imo

edit will be phenomenal if Ozil and Sanchez also stay

Absolutely massive signing that, Lacazette wil be a big success I feel. Not just his finishing but his ability to drop deep and link the play is actually pretty good too far better than Giroud's defo suits Arsenals style better imo

If either of those leave without being replaced with same quality. Lacazette signing will be pretty pointless imo.

Very good signing. Shame its taken falling out of the CL to go get him, because he might have spurred them very close to a title a season or two ago

If either of those leave without being replaced with same quality. Lacazette signing will be pretty pointless imo.

According to some reports Lacazette had a demand of Wenger when they met that Özil has to be kept. Feels that with Özil behind him his chance of being a success here is more guaranteed.

Lot of noise coming out of Chile that Alexis is also staying.

Very good signing. Shame its taken falling out of the CL to go get him, because he might have spurred them very close to a title a season or two ago

Yeah. Arsenal scouts have been following him for 10 years and club was close to signing him these past couple years, but Wenger wasn't certain he'd make it here. This season he has been convinced of the player.

Now will only wait and see how he does.

You say that but Giroud is one of the best strikers in terms of link up play. Dude has an excellent first touch, now he's finishing though...

According to some reports Lacazette had a demand of Wenger when they met that Özil has to be kept. Feels that with Özil behind him his chance of being a success here is more guaranteed.

Makes sense. Even I could get into some goal scoring positions if it was Ozil feeding me passes.

Back