The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Absolutely massive signing that, Lacazette wil be a big success I feel. Not just his finishing but his ability to drop deep and link the play is actually pretty good too far better than Giroud's defo suits Arsenals style better imo

edit will be phenomenal if Ozil and Sanchez also stay

Pretty much came on the thread to say the same. Rated him for a few years, surprising how long it's taken Arsenal to get a striker like Lacazette.

I think he will hit 20ish this season

You say that but Giroud is one of the best strikers in terms of link up play. Dude has an excellent first touch, now he's finishing though...

while I do not deny that Girouds link up play is good Arsenal do not play to his strengths enough, The few times last season Arsenal went more direct through Giroud they played really well. The two main differences Lacazette will offer is imo anyway he is technically better than Giroud but he also an upgrade in pace so when he does drop deep he is straight back on the turn to lead the line again which he used to great effect Lyon.

Giroud is a good player and I'd gladly keep him at Arsenal as Plan B. He was really efficient last season and I think if utilized better could also contribute to 20+ goals/assists in the league. I can understand why there are linking him with Everton and West Ham and he'd do quite well at either of those clubs.

Arsenal at the moment have too many players on the books and need to offload, but rather than Giroud I'd sell Walcott along with Perez. We'd be left with Lacazette (Plan A), Giroud (Plan B) and Welbeck (Plan C, which is basically target man with pace, but inferior finisher to either Laca or Giroud). Selling Walcott and Perez would raise at least £30 million and free up over 200k per week in wages.

According to L'Équipe Arsenal have submitted a third bid for Thomas Lemar for a fee of € 45 million.

Player wants to come and Monaco want to keep the player, but are looking at options for replacement.

Good time to hang em up imo.

He is still best defender in the club in reading the play and with 3 at the back his lack of pace is countered quite well. Hopefully we can win something again next season and he gets to leave on a high as a club captain and a true fan favorite.

He is still best defender in the club in reading the play and with 3 at the back his lack of pace is countered quite well. Hopefully we can win something again next season and he gets to leave on a high as a club captain and a true fan favorite.
Yeah defo needs to play in a 3.

Signing of Kolasinac pretty much confirms Wenger's plan on sticking with the 3-4-2-1 / 3-1-2-4, which I think gives Arsenal the best chance on trophies.
Yeah looked good last year. Hope Kol can settle down now after a bit of an up and down career so far.

View attachment 1120996

Kolasinac + Lacazette + ... & ...

Very happy with transfer dealings so far and if some reports are true will have a quite a team next season...

Arsenal have consistently been a top premier league team for a long time now,there is no doubt about that.However,you can have all the talent you like but if there is something missing mentally then it will be exposed at some point.Unfortunately for gooners this has been the case for too long and as long as wenger continues to employ the same methods when will it change?

Arsenal have consistently been a top premier league team for a long time now,there is no doubt about that.However,you can have all the talent you like but if there is something missing mentally then it will be exposed at some point.Unfortunately for gooners this has been the case for too long and as long as wenger continues to employ the same methods when will it change?

You are right 100%, but I think club has already started making changes. While Xhaka is technically great he has bit of fire in him as does our new signing Kolasinac. Lehmann joining the coaching team won't take any **** also.

I think Wenger is looking to offload many of the current first team players who have been at club for some time and given I'd say too many chances.

Back