The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You are right 100%, but I think club has already started making changes. While Xhaka is technically great he has bit of fire in him as does our new signing Kolasinac. Lehmann joining the coaching team won't take any **** also.

I think Wenger is looking to offload many of the current first team players who have been at club for some time and given I'd say too many chances.

think the formation shift to 3 at the back really helps too if that continues this season

think the formation shift to 3 at the back really helps too if that continues this season

Yeah I think we will see both 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 next season depending the opposition. Team also can shift between these two at will as many of our players can play in several positions.

Good win over Sydney today in the first pre-season game. Goals by Mertesacker in the first half and Lacazette in the second.

Especially impressed with youngsters stepping in and Reiss Nelson in particular.

Should have scored at least 4 to 6 goals, but opposition goalkeeper did really well and was the best performing player on the pitch today.

I was at the game and Nelson was very impressive, the kid who played in CM looked handy too. I thought it was merciful of Wenger to play Welbeck up front to give Sydney a fighting chance of a respectable scoreline

How Lacazette was?

Looked pretty sharp, a couple of nice through balls for Giroud and Oxlade-Chamberlain, nice run for his goal and made the finish look easy, in stark contrast to Welbeck and Walcott's efforts throughout the first 70 minutes

Seems like there will now be some outgoing's from Arsenal: Chambers to Palace £20 million, Gibbs to WBA for £12 million and Smokey to Juve for initial £10 million rising up to £ 13 million.

Also Debuchy is according to reports on his way to Nice for a medical and will be granted a free transfer.

Pretty decent business done by club... These deals pretty much cover Lacazette signing fee and wages.

Who dives in a pre-season friendly? Surprise surprise as Spanish player...

How **** are Chinese referees? I'd expect them try to import referees instead of players to their league if this is the standard there. Actually makes one miss Premier League referees...

Let's be fair lads Italian's have been the Worlds worst for decades so we can't really complain when the opposition benefits by doing the same to Milan.

Let's be fair lads Italian's have been the Worlds worst for decades so we can't really complain when the opposition benefits by doing the same to Milan.

To be honest I wasn't even thinking about Bartra being Spanish! Was just referring to Quasit asking who dives in friendlies and he was the one annoying me yesterday (one dive was like 2 foot away from the nearest player)

Lots of backlash (rightly so) from not only fans about Kroenke and his TV-channel dedicated to hunting, but also from Arsenal sponsors.

Some even say that Emirates is threatening to pull out from the kit and stadium deals with Arsenal.

Back