The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Congrats guys! Good luck in the new season.

Was just talking today with a friend that it's would be nice to win this trophy, but I'd rather lose today and win the 1st GW as if I recall Arsenal have won the last three, but then went on to either lose (2) or draw the first game.

Was just talking today with a friend that it's would be nice to win this trophy, but I'd rather lose today and win the 1st GW as if I recall Arsenal have won the last three, but then went on to either lose (2) or draw the first game.
Yep 3 points on the opening day is key/ more important. Especially with it going to be so close this season for top 4.

Considering Arsenal are seemingly persisting with this 3 at the back formation, god knows why as they are all over the place with it. I don't know why they are not all over Van Dijk, as they badly lack a CB.

Considering Arsenal are seemingly persisting with this 3 at the back formation, god knows why as they are all over the place with it. I don't know why they are not all over Van Dijk, as they badly lack a CB.
Yes a bit worrying when you have 3 FBs making up your back 3. And the 2 infront of them don't look much better.

They are actually on record as meeting with him earlier the summer. (Chelsea and City weren't caught in public. Even though it's no secret they spoke.).

Ironically nobody mentions Arsenal when they talk about 'tapping' up.

Yes a bit worrying when you have 3 FBs making up your back 3. And the 2 infront of them don't look much better.

They lack a real spine to this team, have done for a long time. I see a lot of issues with this Arsenal side.

The most worrying thing is that despite their problems now, imagine what the team could potentially be like next summer if Ozil, Sanchez and Ox all leave on a free?

Frightening really, they could need a complete overhaul if they don't sort out them players and the issues they already have this summer.

Last edited:

I agree, back 3 is all over the place (just never in the correct one :) ) and Xhaka/Elneny are misplacing lots of passes and generally making mistakes.

That being said, it's first game for Kolasinac and Mustafi/Koscielny/Gabriel are all missing. My biggest worry is actually Xhaka who just isn't composed enough and Coquelin is kinda hit and miss.

On a brighter note, Kolasinac (if that's the right spelling), looks a good signing. Especially on a free!

They are actually on record as meeting with him earlier the summer. (Chelsea and City weren't caught in public. Even though it's no secret they spoke.).

Ironically nobody mentions Arsenal when they talk about 'tapping' up.

Because we don't tap up. Arsenal made their interest known to Southampton and asked to be kept informed on any developments

Watching there goal replays he was pretty much at fault defencive wise for both goals. Vacated the back post for the first and didn't match Vardy run for the second.

Back