The Ask Raikan thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 346K
Scouts return after one day if they already have all the knowledge about a country (check the blue bars!). E.g.: When you have scout who knows Brazil very well (bar is completly blue), he returns after one day from Brazil. You should sent him instead to a country which he does not already know: for example, you should send him to Argentine. I know, this is very stupid.

Oh right, so there's no point looking for well informed scouts, just check their judging stats lol! ****, that really is silly. Thanks though! I shall use differing scouts for their weak nations.

The reason for this is because, the random value between 150-180 for 9 potential players for example, is predetermined when you start each game. So, as soon as you start a save, every 9 potential player has been allocated a PA value between 150 ad 180.
Hi there Sterling. Sterling stuff indeed. Thanks for clearing up any doubtful points.

Hi Raikan, i just started a new save with arsenal, and to my disgust/disappointment van persie is out for 2-3 months. I am still in the transfer window, so I just wanted to ask, how should I replace him? Thanks in advance :)
hey mate, thats a tough one, I suggest looking at Kleber, Luuk De Jong, Tevez, what formation are you playing as well? do you need two strikers or just the lone one? (I assume you playing 4-2-3-1?)

or you could get a younger striker to try and score you a few goals, Kolbeinn Sigporsson is a great player and cheap!

Raikan,
I'm Arsenal and I have a problem with my attack. I've bought Hulk for €25 millon, but I can't seem to find the perfect position and role combo for my offensive players.

I'm playing:
-----------Van Persie
Gervinho---------------Hulk
or
-----Walcott-Van Persie
Gervinho-------------- Hulk

What do you think is the best one? Should I play Hulk as a poacher or as an inside forward. What role should RvP have, what should the other attackers have. Can I play RvP, Walcott, Gervais and Hulk together?

hey mate, play:

--------------RVP--------------
Hulk------------------Gervinho

have Hulk and Gervinho swap positions in PI's and you need to retrain Walcott to Aml and you can rotate him with the wingers :)

RVP - Complete Forward or Advanced forward
Hulk & Gervinho - Inside forwards - attack :)

Raikan,
You've helped loads in the past with my questions and just helping others and me reading it, and it's helped me become a pretty good manager imo now! But one thing is making me feel like a dumbass.... My scouts return after ONE DAY with 4 rather mediocre reccomendations when assigned to an individual nation even though I select potential at least 4 stars etc and I don't know how to fix it :( How do you personally scout individual nations?
I am glad to help mate :) glad its helped you, its the reason why I started this!

1) dont ask them to look for potential, ask them to look for age (at most 20yrs)
2) what nation are you asking them to scout? do they have extensive knowledge of it?

Hi Raikan,
I have few questions regarding your short & sweet tactic.

1) The wingers in this tactic are Inside Forwards or General Wingers?
2) Is this tactic can be used by small teams?
3) IF I drop the CM to DM position, then can this tactic be used in away matches?

Thank you in advance.

hey mate :)

1) Mixture of both
2) Yes if you have good mids you can (well in comparison to the league you are playing in)
3) yes, I do that often!

Another quick question, regarding the editor:

Say, a new player (ie Ashley Young) has recently joined a team at the start of a season in the most recent update. No "played", "assists", "goals scored" stats yet etc.

Is there somewhere in the editor where one can make a quick edit to make it look like he has never left Aston Villa and never joined Man Utd?

Same goes for similar players like Erik Lamela, Javier Pastore etc.

Thanks for your time.

I am not sure mate, I do not and have not ever used the editor, FMRTE or Genie Scout etc :)

I have no clue...

Hey Raikan.I'm managing QPR and I'm currently in the first season / winter mercato.I really need:

- 1/2 DC
- 1 DL/DR
- 1/2 CM ( 1 DLP/1 CM-Defend)
- 1 AMC ( Attacking Midfileder)
- 1 Left Winger

I have like 28 M for all these.Please help me, because of my reputation I really don't know what players to buy.

just about to leave the office, will reply 1st thing in the morning :)

Um, not more than £8m or so, I am not sure as I have not bought him...

hi there, is there a player thread for solihull moors?? also.. do you have one for players to get in the north square prem?
you can private message me if you like
cheers

hi there, is there a player thread for solihull moors?? also.. do you have one for players to get in the north square prem?
you can private message me if you like
cheers
hey mate :) I dont have a clue :) sorry, the only players I can think that may sign is Counago & Fortune

Hey Raikan.I'm managing QPR and I'm currently in the first season / winter mercato.I really need:

- 1/2 DC
- 1 DL/DR
- 1/2 CM ( 1 DLP/1 CM-Defend)
- 1 AMC ( Attacking Midfileder)
- 1 Left Winger

hey bud, there are many many players I can suggest, what I suggest you do is download this shortlists and filter out unrealistic targets and go from there :) once you have your own little shortlist you can ask which ones are the best :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ids/83895-raikan007s-wonderkid-shortlist.html

Raikan, have you ever dry humped a tortoise whilst smothering yourself in vaseline?

View attachment 204910

I have this player on loan from Bournemouth and after the first season league game which he played he gets without a warning a global suspension. Anyone knows how this can happen and if this is normal?
Can I do anything in the future to prevent this?

Back