The Ask Raikan thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 346K
Hi raikan I have a problem with my defence. My defence always mess up the defensive line by making huge gaps which the
opposition exploit. I usually have a deep to normal defincive line. Any tips or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

what roles are you playing for the cb and do you have a dm?

The role for my centre backs: coloccini is a ball playing defender and his duty is cover and Martin skrtel is a central defender and
his duty is defend, and no I don't have a dm. Sorry if the post has any mistakes as Im new so still getting a hang of the game

The role for my centre backs: coloccini is a ball playing defender and his duty is cover and Martin skrtel is a central defender and
his duty is defend, and no I don't have a dm. Sorry if the post has any mistakes as Im new so still getting a hang of the game

what pressing/marking/opposition instructions system are you using?

hey mate, where are you finishing in the league this season? or what is your aim? if you finish high up and do well, the player will change his mind (sometimes)

If you want to take the chance, offer him out and 10x the amount he is worth now, transfer list him and see what happens:

1) some clubs may offer a lot of cash for him
2) sometimes the player actually asks to stay and will end up asking for a new contract
3) take him off at least 3 months before his contract will allow for free signing (i.e: 9 months left) to ensure he will come right and want to sign

if all this fails, just try and sell him for at least 3x what he is worth :)

thanks for the quick response :)

i'm aiming somewhere between 1st. and 4th. place in the league.

I tried to put him on the transfer list but i can only offer him for 2x amount he is worth (230k€)...

what pressing/marking/opposition instructions system are you using?

For opposition instructions I usually tight Mark the strikers and I set them to weaker foot but only at times set tackling to hard and
closing down to always depending on their ability and for the mid fielders I close down players with good longshots and set weaker foot to all of them
For pressing I do press more

Once again raikan thanks for the quick response and hopefully you can find a solution

1) your players have a certain value cap depending on your clubs rep. The more you win, the more your club grows financially the more your players values will be which realistically will make it harder for clubs to buy your best players off you for cheap :)

2) that is a tricky one, it depends on the player really.
Steps to follow:
  • once a club offers an amount, counter the offer to like £85m (this means his asking price is that much which may deter other clubs making offers as well as does not **** the player off because you have not rejected the offer either.. what usually happens is they will withdraw and your players agent will ask for an improved deal which you give him :) its a win win
  • say he is now upset after declining offers etc.. have a chat when he becomes unhappy and try things like the "build team around you" if he still wants to go then say "I will let you go at the end of the season" hopefully by that time the clubs would lose interest and most of the time the player does not want to leave in the end, especially if you do well which is a must :)
  • if he starts performing badly consistently then I would sell him for at least 200%.. remember, no one is irreplacable...

Sorry, I just started reading this thread but I have an example of this.
Ferdinand @ Man U, he got mad for not being played as often as he wished for, he demand to be transfer listed, sat on the transfer bus for six months, not one offer, by the end of the season he asked to be removed from the transfer list :)

does any body no any really good league 1 signings for dag and red got promoted 2 league 1 also loans would be good pleas don't say jamil adam or pablo counago

How should I bring this players to there prime (PA)

Raikan,

I have a few regens (attached below). Robinson (CAM) and Williams (DL) are good enough for my first team squad.
I know I shouldn't let them play to much. But how should I bring this players in my team. On the first side I want to put my best players in my line-up. On the other hand, the players should become better (or even on their top).

Can you help me out with this "problem".

View attachment 209775View attachment 209772View attachment 209771View attachment 209769View attachment 209770View attachment 209773

BTW Robinson made a great debut with 4 goals and 2 assists.

Raikan, hello

Can you help me with:
I'm looking for the best Turkish LB possible.
I know he won't be expensive..
I really need more turkish players because I keep having too many foreigners.

Raikan, hello

Can you help me with:
I'm looking for the best Turkish LB possible.
I know he won't be expensive..
I really need more turkish players because I keep having too many foreigners.

Don't know many players but maybe Aykut Demir or Wederson could be a LB

Hey Raikan, quick question for you.

How do you go about getting to know your squad when you start managing a new team that you do not know much about?

Hey Raikan. I use your Might and Magic-tactics with Sunderland. It went allright for a long time, but the last 7 games I can't win a match. What happened? I use the HOME tactic at home and the AWAY tactic for away games. Should I try yet another tactic? I think my teamtalks are going well. They mostly react positive (green). Or should I change the match preparation? Now: defensive-average. Any idea?
View attachment 209780

I was wondering Raikan, is there a slight bug on the crossing tendency of full-backs? even when set to attack and cross from deep and often, they barely ever cross o.O

I was wondering Raikan, is there a slight bug on the crossing tendency of full-backs? even when set to attack and cross from deep and often, they barely ever cross o.O
If you want them to cross more often, reduce their creative freedom and running with ball. Crosses set on often and byline.

Yo Raikan bro!

Basically I'm using an advance playmaker on the wing (amr) with through balls (often) roam position (yes) and long shot (rarely)

Now my question is which is a better wide play setting , cut inside or move into channels .

Keep up the good work bro

Hi Raikan,

I am in the first season of my Tottenham save and Aaron Lennon just had a poor month of training and dropped a point on numerous attributes. I am using your training schedule and am quite unsure as to why the drop. He has been in great form and is getting a run out in every league game. Is this down to poor coaches, too heavy or light of a training load, or just part of the game?

Any ideas on how to avoid this in the future or why the drop?

Thanks, Raikan.

For opposition instructions I usually tight Mark the strikers and I set them to weaker foot but only at times set tackling to hard and
closing down to always depending on their ability and for the mid fielders I close down players with good longshots and set weaker foot to all of them
For pressing I do press more

Once again raikan thanks for the quick response and hopefully you can find a solution

try not using opposition instructions and watch the game in full, see the analysis stats, positions,passes etc etc and get a feel for where you need to work on and go from there, just remember one match is not enough either, at least 3-5 games need to be watched and you can judge from there what needs to be changed :)

Back