The Ask Raikan thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 346K
Hi Raikan.

I'm currently into my third season with Chelsea and i have only 3 CMs, Mceachran,Vidal and Crisetig and is looking to add one more into the team.
I'm thinking of signing someone for my starting 11 beside Vidal in the midfield, which Vidal will do the dirty work and the other guy hopefully a good passer.

So should i go for that new player, or bet on Mceachran to perform?
And for that slot i've been chasing Gundogan but Dortmund just doesn't want to release him, can you recommend players that are similar to Gundogan?

Hi Raikan.

I'm currently into my third season with Chelsea and i have only 3 CMs, Mceachran,Vidal and Crisetig and is looking to add one more into the team.
I'm thinking of signing someone for my starting 11 beside Vidal in the midfield, which Vidal will do the dirty work and the other guy hopefully a good passer.

So should i go for that new player, or bet on Mceachran to perform?
And for that slot i've been chasing Gundogan but Dortmund just doesn't want to release him, can you recommend players that are similar to Gundogan?

that is not nearly enough depth or quality mate :)

I would get Javi Martinez, Yann M'Vila and Alan Dzagoev in there!

Hi Dr.Raikan! :)

Would like to ask you about the match-mode. What mode do you use? Do you only watch highlights and goals like me or more? Which cam and tempo do you use? It might be wrong, but I feel that my team tend to play less good with max tempo. Probably not true....:)

that is not nearly enough depth or quality mate :)

I would get Javi Martinez, Yann M'Vila and Alan Dzagoev in there!

Don't really like Javi Martinez, and totally forgot about Dzagoev, will get him :)
don't think i will have the space for 3 midfielders in there as i really want to transform crisetig and mceachran into top players :)

thanks!

Hi Dr.Raikan! :)

Would like to ask you about the match-mode. What mode do you use? Do you only watch highlights and goals like me or more? Which cam and tempo do you use? It might be wrong, but I feel that my team tend to play less good with max tempo. Probably not true....:)

hey mate, lol, Dr.

I watch extended in the beginning of games to tweak my tactics to fit my team, then key! watch it on the 3rd fastest setting from max!

The way how you watch your games have NOTHING to do with the outcome :)

I have a question regarding FM Genie Scout. The search results returned on GS, are they only from regions of which I have scouting knowledge in the game or from everywhere regardless of whether I have scouts there?

And I am currently about to end my 1st season at Man Utd, I'd like to ask is it possible to buy Mario Gotze and if yes, then how much? I have offered till £70m but they negotiate and demand around £110m. Will be he easier to buy in later seasons?

how do you design training schemes for individual youth players? i tried putting '(yth)' after the name of the schedule but when i go to put it on the players training overview i can't select it. i went on the player's training overview and tried to make a new schedule from there, i named it and put '(yth)' after it says hes on that schedule but when i go to the training overview to edit that schedule it isnt there. a bit confused. i usually wait til a couple years older and make a schedule for an individual if theyre good enough to deserve the time. this kids 15 and i want to start him off early. help please.

I have a question regarding FM Genie Scout. The search results returned on GS, are they only from regions of which I have scouting knowledge in the game or from everywhere regardless of whether I have scouts there?

And I am currently about to end my 1st season at Man Utd, I'd like to ask is it possible to buy Mario Gotze and if yes, then how much? I have offered till £70m but they negotiate and demand around £110m. Will be he easier to buy in later seasons?

1) never used Genie Scout, no clue!

2) not sure mate, never bought him never will, way too much and better players out there for much, much cheaper! it depends on Dortmund, if they start to decline and not get placed in ECL etc etc his value and their valuation of him will drop!

how do you design training schemes for individual youth players? i tried putting '(yth)' after the name of the schedule but when i go to put it on the players training overview i can't select it. i went on the player's training overview and tried to make a new schedule from there, i named it and put '(yth)' after it says hes on that schedule but when i go to the training overview to edit that schedule it isnt there. a bit confused. i usually wait til a couple years older and make a schedule for an individual if theyre good enough to deserve the time. this kids 15 and i want to start him off early. help please.

hey bud, you have to go into the youth tab under training :) you are more than welcome to try mine as I have several youth schedules created already

Cant explain correctly in writing on the process :) I just know how to do it, but, click training then click youth tab or something :)

2) not sure mate, never bought him never will, way too much and better players out there for much, much cheaper! it depends on Dortmund, if they start to decline and not get placed in ECL etc etc his value and their valuation of him will drop!

I bought him finally for £69m. Cracking player. Works like a charm in the system I like to play :)

Hi there again.
How would you deal with Thibaut Courtois and Matej Delac?
Neither of them wants to go on loan and Cech is still going strong.

Hi there again.
How would you deal with Thibaut Courtois and Matej Delac?
Neither of them wants to go on loan and Cech is still going strong.

keep on trying mate!

or you can offer to sell them but with a buy back clause about £2m more than what you sell them for!

keep an eye on them and when you are ready (or if other clubs start to offer swoop in and they will have to accept) and you can get back a player that has hopefully been playing 1st team footie for a couple of years :)

hey bud, you have to go into the youth tab under training :) you are more than welcome to try mine as I have several youth schedules created already

Cant explain correctly in writing on the process :) I just know how to do it, but, click training then click youth tab or something :)

cheers mate, youre a diamond. i dont know why i didnt think to look in there! i've got it and i've designed some schedules for certain types of players and positions and its going to seperate the men from the boys. the general youth schedules really are pony so this way i can give them a fighting chance. had to do a few schedules for individuals, i hate those really promising regens with just a couple really damning flaws!

I'm managing Bishop's Stortford in the BSN about 10 games into the league and have lost every match including pre-season friendlies, even against the reserves. It's obvious that the first team don't have the motivation to play. How can I get them motivated?

I've got a couple of wingers (not sure of their names) that are relatively quick but are terrible at crossing, while my striker is good at heading. What's the best way of handling this?

keep on trying mate!

or you can offer to sell them but with a buy back clause about £2m more than what you sell them for!

keep an eye on them and when you are ready (or if other clubs start to offer swoop in and they will have to accept) and you can get back a player that has hopefully been playing 1st team footie for a couple of years :)

managed to sell of delac with a buy back clause for about 5m higher.

and by the way do you reckon Jeffrey Bruma can be transformed into a midfielder?

I'm managing Bishop's Stortford in the BSN about 10 games into the league and have lost every match including pre-season friendlies, even against the reserves. It's obvious that the first team don't have the motivation to play. How can I get them motivated?

I've got a couple of wingers (not sure of their names) that are relatively quick but are terrible at crossing, while my striker is good at heading. What's the best way of handling this?

hey mate, if you have quick wingers I suggest trying this out!

for the striker setting! change to TM - Support and select hold up ball and normal wide movements! crossing and through balls sometimes and a little less attacking!

change to float crosses :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...7s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html#post1414238

managed to sell of delac with a buy back clause for about 5m higher.

and by the way do you reckon Jeffrey Bruma can be transformed into a midfielder?

good stuff :) just keep an eye on him (keep him on your shortlist)

Anyone with the right stats can! I have retrained Rooney to Cm before with great success

hey mate, if you have quick wingers I suggest trying this out!

for the striker setting! change to TM - Support and select hold up ball and normal wide movements! crossing and through balls sometimes and a little less attacking!

change to float crosses :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...7s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html#post1414238

Sweet. I'll give it a try and see how I go.

Would this tactic fix my motivation problem? At team talks most of the players aren't interested...
I think my problem came from not giving a high bonus for a competition...

winning fixes motivation problems mate :) I really hope it does! remember, some tactics dont work for some managers/teams and its especially harder as they are all really low on morale!

I would just use go out and relax, your natural game etc etc etc.... for a few matches!

try and organize the easiest game you possibly can and thrash them and get your players morale back up again! good luck and I hope it works out for you!

i signed a kid from argentina who looked quality. he got here and ive been including him in my first team squad (giving him the odd start, bringing him off the bench). hes 18 and just got wonderkid status. hes progressing well in training and his attributes are going up except for his determination, it was 18 when he arrived under a year ago and has now dropped down to 14. does anybody know a possible reason for this? or how i can prevent it going down anymore? or even better raising it again? my squad are very determined in general because i tend not to buy players with low determination and work rate unless theyre really special.

Back