The Ask Raikan thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 346K
Hiya, just a couple of quick questions about training the ol' youth.

The first is I've heard talk of downloading youth training schedules. Normally I make my own for my first team, but when I select the youth player who I would like to create one for, the only option is the general youth training schedule. Is it possible in anyway to create training schedules for your youth players?

The second question is about youth coaches. Do you really need them? I mean, if you have coaches, who train both your first team and your youth, and the workload is low, do they have much purpose?

any advice would be welcome

yeah it is, one DM one CM then AMR AMC and AML and ST... so any suggestions? i made the first season 121 goals in premiere league with that formation, but in the second season i might have struggled due to injury and modric isn't the type that suite to running AMC that hazard used to play... so I'm wondering any formation that I could adopt from your marvelous tactics knowledge... hehe

just make a few minor tweaks to your current one, change the tempo a little bit, the d- line, the passing focus, closing down etc :)

I've just took a job at bolton, season 2 and january is days away. my squad is old and lacks quality, N'gog is the best player i have and is so inconsistant, one game he'll get a rating of 6.10 and the next a 7.50, but were struggling to create Clear cut chances... do you have any recommendations for me, i'm playing the "swoop there it" is tactic and i've got 2.5mil to spend.

how is the tactic going so far?

I would honestly look at loans for now, and maybe buying Wallace/Leo Bonatini, see if they still have 825k release clauses...

Look at City's reserve squad, see if you can get anyone from there as well!

South African players like Khune, Modise, Jali, Tshabalala are all good players and cheap!

I'm looking for a quality keeper who can step up straight away and is a future prospect at the same time , i want him for a while. I'm Sevilla in January first season I've got 11million to spend but i may be looking for another Centre Midfielder to partner Javi Martinez but i also need a left back, struggling in that department. Any suggestions?

I'm willing to offload a few players, so if you can think of anyone to offload then let me know.

Future prospect:

Laurentiu Branescu/Thibaus Courtois/Pierrick Cros/Maxym Koval/Cesar/Renan/Vadisseas Vlachodomis (Stuttgart) Bernd Leno

He is now a Wonderkid on my game :)

243454d1336116633-odisseas-vlachodimos-stuttgart-odisseas-vlachodimos-overview_-attributes-3.png

But I would highly recommend Volkan Demirel

Hiya, just a couple of quick questions about training the ol' youth.

The first is I've heard talk of downloading youth training schedules. Normally I make my own for my first team, but when I select the youth player who I would like to create one for, the only option is the general youth training schedule. Is it possible in anyway to create training schedules for your youth players?

The second question is about youth coaches. Do you really need them? I mean, if you have coaches, who train both your first team and your youth, and the workload is low, do they have much purpose?

any advice would be welcome

yes it is mate :)

you should have a few mate, if you are one of the bigger clubs then you should! but if you are a smaller club then no, they are a waste!

I normally sign coaches as they train both and promote my good youth coaches to coaches!

If you are focusing on bringing youth through and have good facilities/scouting etc and you are getting in a few prospects then yes I would bring in a few good coaches, but I never do, no matter how good my facilities are, I always get rubbish regens.. so I never worry about it :) I just poach good ones!

If you want youth schedules I have made them inclusive with my training schedules :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ng/84616-raikan007s-training-regime-fm12.html

just make a few minor tweaks to your current one, change the tempo a little bit, the d- line, the passing focus, closing down etc :)

change the tempo a little bit, the d- line, the passing focus, closing down... u mean it must be slower, what is d- line by the way? the passing focus would be direct right? and closing down is whole field is it

defensive line

just make minor tweaks to your existing tactic each season to keep the AI guessing!

how is the tactic going so far?

I would honestly look at loans for now, and maybe buying Wallace/Leo Bonatini, see if they still have 825k release clauses...

Look at City's reserve squad, see if you can get anyone from there as well!

South African players like Khune, Modise, Jali, Tshabalala are all good players and cheap!
a

the tactic isn't doing that well... which im surprised at as when i was newcastleit worked a dream and thanks for the advice

defensive line

just make minor tweaks to your existing tactic each season to keep the AI guessing!

you mean that if i didn't adjust my tactic, soon the AI will know how to beat my game?

you mean that if i didn't adjust my tactic, soon the AI will know how to beat my game?

well its known as 2nd season syndrome yeah, I always change the tactic a bit each season if not every 6 months, if not every game really :)

Hi mate

Im wigan with about 3mil left max wage of 20k (pushing it) nearly at the start of the season could do with a back up quick striker one or two inside forward/wingers and a quickish centre back and again im pushing it but a right back

as i mentioned its near the end of the transfer window so commonly mentioned players like kadlec,kara,vossen,quintero,xulu all have gone

Hope you can save me

see if players like:

Astori, Douglas, Coutinho, Adler, Ballack, Ze Roberto were released

Look for:

Bakenga, Reinartz, Benitez, Erick Torres, Jorge Enriquez, Alan Ruiz

erick torres wont join, alan ruiz,bakenga arnt on my game

countinho is at espanyol

ze roberto and ballack already gone

are there any rarely mentioned players like that wellinginton nem that was a great shout just panicing because ive lost two on the bounce already :(

Leo Bonatini, Wallace, Charles, Renan, Cesar, Romario, Dodo, Felipe Anderson

yes it is mate :)

you should have a few mate, if you are one of the bigger clubs then you should! but if you are a smaller club then no, they are a waste!

I normally sign coaches as they train both and promote my good youth coaches to coaches!

If you are focusing on bringing youth through and have good facilities/scouting etc and you are getting in a few prospects then yes I would bring in a few good coaches, but I never do, no matter how good my facilities are, I always get rubbish regens.. so I never worry about it :) I just poach good ones!

If you want youth schedules I have made them inclusive with my training schedules :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ng/84616-raikan007s-training-regime-fm12.html

Cheers for the reply Raikan
So do youth coaches in anyway affect your youth intake? normally I just poach them as well haha, other managers must hate me.

oH just figured out how to create youth schedules, you have to be viewing your under 18 squad, and be on their training tab. Now I feel like an idiot >:(

With the training levels of your players, if the bar goes above the top line, does that mean that their stats are more likely to increase, or is the top line the limit and you should look to optimise their schedule by getting the bars there? cus that's how I've always done it. For example with my winger training schedule, the training levels of zezinho are level with the top line on aerobic, tactics, ball control, attack, and shooting. (one and a half on strength, and 0 on defending) Would it be wise to lower the shooting training and put more into ball control, or is he already training all he can on that? (If that makes sense)

You should go for Felipe Anderson, he did one **** of a job for my team.

Cheers for the reply Raikan
So do youth coaches in anyway affect your youth intake? normally I just poach them as well haha, other managers must hate me.

oH just figured out how to create youth schedules, you have to be viewing your under 18 squad, and be on their training tab. Now I feel like an idiot >:(

With the training levels of your players, if the bar goes above the top line, does that mean that their stats are more likely to increase, or is the top line the limit and you should look to optimise their schedule by getting the bars there? cus that's how I've always done it. For example with my winger training schedule, the training levels of zezinho are level with the top line on aerobic, tactics, ball control, attack, and shooting. (one and a half on strength, and 0 on defending) Would it be wise to lower the shooting training and put more into ball control, or is he already training all he can on that? (If that makes sense)

if the player is really good physically like Hulk for eg: then dont put his aerobic/strength training higher than medium, even a little less, just enough to maintain it, focus his training on tactics rather and attacking etc...

ah ok, admittedly usually I just bungle all my players into the same category for their position, except for strikers, but I'll definitely do that. But if I lower their physical training, and put the points into your suggestion, would there be a benefit as they're already on the top line, or can you train beyond that?

Raikan I need your help....

Im using Man City and I am using your Might and Magic tactic, I am through to the second half of the season an im in need of a LB as Clichy has left the club and im now stuck with Zabaleta but he does not have the required stats that are asked for in that position :( The club said I need to find a new LB any ideas?

Back