I need a stop gap right back at Arsenal going into my third season. I unfortunately lost Bacary Sagna on a free to PSG trying to play hardball on wages and now only have Carl Jenkinson and Francis Coquelin in that position. I do have a regen signed from Brazil who has a five star scouting report from Steve Rowley, so I am fairly certain that he is good. He is only 16 though and won't arrive at the club for another two years. I thought it wouldn't make sense to go young then and sign someone like Danilo. Who is a good RB in his late 20s or even late 30s that could do a job for 3 years or so?

I need a stop gap right back at Arsenal going into my third season. I unfortunately lost Bacary Sagna on a free to PSG trying to play hardball on wages and now only have Carl Jenkinson and Francis Coquelin in that position. I do have a regen signed from Brazil who has a five star scouting report from Steve Rowley, so I am fairly certain that he is good. He is only 16 though and won't arrive at the club for another two years. I thought it wouldn't make sense to go young then and sign someone like Danilo. Who is a good RB in his late 20s or even late 30s that could do a job for 3 years or so?

Sebastian Corchia would be your best bet mate!

Sime Vraskjlo/Cesar Azpilicueta/Trippier/Clyne/Adam Smith are also pretty decent

David Santos, Alex Sandro, Galhardo, Alex Grimaldo, Gino Peruzzi, Darijo Srna are also good.

So I've got this regen Raikan:

View attachment 319308

And I'm wondering how to maximize his potential (198 PA). I want to increase his dribbling, pace, quickness, finishing and composure most of all.

Last edited:
So I've got this regen Raikan:

View attachment 319308

And I'm wondering how to maximize his potential (198 PA). I want to increase his dribbling, pace, quickness, finishing and composure most of all.

start training as IF for around 5 months

then winger for 3 months

then individual training on quickness/dribbling for around 5 months each

1st team footie is vital for development, so sub him in every game at least with 20 minutes to go :)

So i've just spent a shed load of cash, im talking a pirate ransom for a young goalkeeper. His stats are immense for his age, although his ariel ability is absolute ****. How would you raise it? Train him as a goalkeeper, or agility or what? Here's a picture of his stats;

View attachment 320268

So i've just spent a shed load of cash, im talking a pirate ransom for a young goalkeeper. His stats are immense for his age, although his ariel ability is absolute ****. How would you raise it? Train him as a goalkeeper, or agility or what? Here's a picture of his stats;

View attachment 320268

The goalkeeper individual role should cover it.

start training as IF for around 5 months

then winger for 3 months

then individual training on quickness/dribbling for around 5 months each

1st team footie is vital for development, so sub him in every game at least with 20 minutes to go :)

Will that not leave him lacking in finishing/composure?

View attachment 320268

that eccentricity stat of 19 is pretty immense mate! most people do not like a high eccentricity stat! I for one do!

as Mike said, the individual roles will cover it! I doubt it will get more than 15 over a 10 year period though.. but that is still good enough!

hey raikan, I have a problem with my training workload. since I've started playing fm13 I always get players complaining their training workload is too high, and even if they don't have individual focus'es. Could you tell me how to reduce the workload manually like you could do on fm12? thanks

that eccentricity stat of 19 is pretty immense mate! most people do not like a high eccentricity stat! I for one do!

as Mike said, the individual roles will cover it! I doubt it will get more than 15 over a 10 year period though.. but that is still good enough!

lol yeah, i just hope he doesnt do anything stupid.

15 AA is pretty good, i'm happy with that.

Thank you for the quick response Mike. :)

One more question, if i train him as a GK would that be like 25% on all stats, whereas if i trained him 100% on handling, would it go up quicker?

Scratch that one more, ha. Is anyone else having the bug where your transfer gets accepted, but when you 'offer contract' it tells you that you need to have a transfer accepted before you can offer a contract, but you cant cancel it or move on due to "Must respond!" ****.

Last edited:
hey raikan, I have a problem with my training workload. since I've started playing fm13 I always get players complaining their training workload is too high, and even if they don't have individual focus'es. Could you tell me how to reduce the workload manually like you could do on fm12? thanks

yeah you can mate, just slide the match prep slider all the way to the left or just one away from it, see the bottom right of the screen, it will change from medium to light

also, set general training to balanced - very light

yeah you can mate, just slide the match prep slider all the way to the left or just one away from it, see the bottom right of the screen, it will change from medium to light

also, set general training to balanced - very light

Hi Raikan, I'm writing here since no one seems to bother answering people on the "To deal or not to deal" thread.

I'm thinking about selling Lloris at the beginning of season 2015/16. He has only got 1 year of contract left, but wants an enormous amount of money of wage to renew it. Since I don't like to overpay keepers, even quality ones like the frenchman, do you think I should sell him (about 25M quid) or just accept his requests and renew his contract?

For replacement I would probably get Butland, who is 22 and rated 4 stars and a half by my assistant, paying him 5M quid.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Raikan, I'm writing here since no one seems to bother answering people on the "To deal or not to deal" thread.

I'm thinking about selling Lloris at the beginning of season 2015/16. He has only got 1 year of contract left, but wants an enormous amount of money of wage to renew it. Since I don't like to overpay keepers, even quality ones like the frenchman, do you think I should sell him (about 25M quid) or just accept his requests and renew his contract?

For replacement I would probably get Butland, who is 22 and rated 4 stars and a half by my assistant, paying him 5M quid.

Thank you in advance!

sell him then mate, he is not the BEST keeper around anyway to be honest!

I would look at others as well mate, Ruffier/Mandanda/Ter Stegen/Leno/Ruddy/Valdes/Koval

I'm a beginner, I'm struggling to get to grips with tactics. I started with Tottenham a few weeks ago and signed Adrian (Att Mardrid), Benat (Real Betis) and Cristiano Zanetti (Free agent, used as back up), I have a good team with good depth but I struggle to beat the "big teams" e.g United, Chelsea, what tactics and match preparations can I use to increase my chances of getting something out of those games? I normally use a 4-4-2 formation with Sandro at DM, just behind either Benat or Dembele whom are usually in a cm position as a DLP. I have also struggled against Stoke but for some reason when I came up against them we were classed as Underdogs.

I have also just started with Nott Forest in the championship, I've signed a few players to increase depth e.g Benjani, Thomas Carroll, Zanetti, Chimbonda and a few others, what formation would you recommend for this?

Thanks for your time.

sell him then mate, he is not the BEST keeper around anyway to be honest!

I would look at others as well mate, Ruffier/Mandanda/Ter Stegen/Leno/Ruddy/Valdes/Koval
I suppose I will, despite I hate looking for a new keeper in FM lol.
I wanted an English one but I guess Butland isn't good enough since you didn't even mentioned him.
Hopefully I will manage to unsettle Leno and pay not too much for him.
Cheers mate!

Another member of staff will take charge of the youth team matches in my save. How beneficial is it do you think, for them to be playing the same tactic as my first team?

I'm Man Utd and my plan is to bring through as many academy kids over time as possible. The basic tactic I'm going to be using is a 4-2-3-1 with attacking wingers and a slightly more defensive minded midfield duo.

How much benefit do you predict it will be to have the youth team getting used to play in that system? Bear in mind I won't be promoting ALL academy players.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hey Raikan, you are currently managing QPR, right? So what do you do to beat City? Cause they are a f*****g pain in the f*****g ***...always annoyng me, home and away. Mancini is still their manager on seaso 2015/16 with that stupid nonsense 4-5-1 with no wingers, and they won the Champions League twice in the last two years (how ****** unrealistic is that?)