Another member of staff will take charge of the youth team matches in my save. How beneficial is it do you think, for them to be playing the same tactic as my first team?

I'm Man Utd and my plan is to bring through as many academy kids over time as possible. The basic tactic I'm going to be using is a 4-2-3-1 with attacking wingers and a slightly more defensive minded midfield duo.

How much benefit do you predict it will be to have the youth team getting used to play in that system? Bear in mind I won't be promoting ALL academy players.

Any thoughts appreciated.

beneficial enough :)

set all teams to use your tactics mate, it wont be that beneficial but at least you can see where they perform well and badly in :)

Hey Raikan, you are currently managing QPR, right? So what do you do to beat City? Cause they are a f*****g pain in the f*****g ***...always annoyng me, home and away. Mancini is still their manager on seaso 2015/16 with that stupid nonsense 4-5-1 with no wingers, and they won the Champions League twice in the last two years (how ****** unrealistic is that?)

hahhaahaha, they are extremely tough! I use my 433 DM tactic (the complete madness one) and play a long ball to my TM striker with hardworking, defensive type mids with a quick and aggressive DM to man mark their most creative AMC while the other two CM's close down the wider AMC's

there is no "this is the way to beat City" approach, I suggest looking at what tactic they struggle against the most and use that, even if you have to make one just for the game!

playing quick tempo and direct passing on the counter is a good start, long ball even to skip out the entire midfield (Stoke approach)

3rd season arsenal, I'm looking at Muniain and Schurrle, both for similar fees, who should I get? (I know they are different types of players)

Is there anyway to improve a players Anticipation cause i have this bad *** regen whos scored 30goals in 26 games for me at the age of 21, and has 16+ in all the poacher attributes except anticipation, so is there?

Hi pal u working on any new tactics?

hey bud, no not really :) I probably will in a few weeks time, but at the moment, I am still enjoying my QPR save 8 seasons in and as soon as I start trying to make tactics, I lose interest in the save..

Is there anyway to improve a players Anticipation cause i have this bad *** regen whos scored 30goals in 26 games for me at the age of 21, and has 16+ in all the poacher attributes except anticipation, so is there?

individual - finishing could increase anticipation, this will also come with age so I would not worry too much

Never tried Muniain, but I've used Schurrle with HSV and he was pretty decent...I hate his "Shots from distance" PPM, anyway...
Just try to not overpay him: £15m-£20m is more than enough.

I need a striker first season Espanyol on new patch. Have 2 million to spend. Don't mind what strengths they have just need someone to bang in 15-20 goals a season!!

hey

am looking for a replacement for gerrard as he is 35 (but still a decent player)

any suggestions

thanks

I need a striker first season to play as a lone striker. Im Espanyol and have around £3-4.5 million, about 25k in wages. Im playing 4-2-3-1. I really need someone who is young with the potential to develop and perhaps sell on. 15-20 goals a season to keep me out of trouble!!!!

Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes's contracts expire this summer, do people reckon I should renew them? Reasons to keep:

-Partly nostalgia
-Eventually I'd like to have them as coaches
-They've got great football brains, can dictate tempo and control matches
-Useful players to have when we're at home against weaker teams, with more possession
-Ryan Giggs is quite versatile, and his physical stats are still ok
-Paul Scholes is the best passer in the team

Reasons to let contract run out:
-Physical stats probably get worse in next few years
-Want to end their careers on a high
-Have often been beaten off the ball too
easily in recent games
-Will be hopeless in the big games, will just get shackled
-Both severely lack stamina, often have to be substituted
-Could be taking place of player coming through the academy, with more potential and time to develop
-Combined, they eat up £100k p/w worth of wages. Not worth this, if renew at all they must take big wage cut

Thoughts from anyone appreciated.

theyre both quite old already, have you suggested a coaching role to them?

Personally i wouldn't renew, the money spent and the space for younger players is the most potent reason. Purely why i think they should retire now, irl.

theyre both quite old already, have you suggested a coaching role to them?

Personally i wouldn't renew, the money spent and the space for younger players is the most potent reason. Purely why i think they should retire now, irl.

Ryan Giggs made himself available as a coach in the summer, but when I went to renew his contract as player/coach his agent wanted to get him a slight raise from £70k p/w! But since then he's sacked his agent, so maybe I should try again, but only if he's prepared to take a wage cut to £30k p/w at most. Did private chat with Scholes but he just said it's a career path he'll consider, so nothings happened. Giggs's coaching stats aren't great, don't know what Scholes's are yet, but even so I strangely feel like I ought to keep them a part of the club!

Because I've sold Tom Cleverley, the conclusion I've come to is to keep them for another year, hopefully in a player/coach role. Then next summer, I can find a young deep-lying playmaker who can provide backup/long-term replacement for Carrick.

Will hughes, jon williams are two good players to replace carrick/scholes with, if you do decide to keep them both on then your best using them as mentoring players to the eventual replacements. Sometimes that alone is worth it.

Or, you could try re-negotiate a contract with the lowest amount they'd take with the clause of raise to 125k a week after 30 games, then just make sure you don't play them for it.

Hmm, that's weird. I'd say giggs would be an excellent fitness coach along with mental. Is it really that bad?

Will hughes, jon williams are two good players to replace carrick/scholes with, if you do decide to keep them both on then your best using them as mentoring players to the eventual replacements. Sometimes that alone is worth it.

Or, you could try re-negotiate a contract with the lowest amount they'd take with the clause of raise to 125k a week after 30 games, then just make sure you don't play them for it.

Hmm, that's weird. I'd say giggs would be an excellent fitness coach along with mental. Is it really that bad?

That's a good technique, may try that. It's not great, I think he's got like 11 for attacking and 11 for fitness or maybe technique. Most of the rest are just grey attributes I think. Never heard of Jon Williams, will check him.

Otherwise I don't mind waiting for some of the regens to be released. Tbh would rather do that and stick with Carrick and Scholes as DLPs than go in for a player that's either too much or not suited. I can normally get a decent foreign regen with potential on a youth contract or something.

in second season, I wait till the very last day to negotiate contract with Giggs and Scholes. Both cut their wage by half and accept player/coach role. Third season, both of them want to become coach with extremely low wage. Their coaching stat is not that good, but improving. At the start of the second season Giggs have 2* on attacking but at the end of 3rd season he have 3,5*.

If you get them as player/coach, make sure to use them as tutor and on the plus side, they never complain even if you never play them at all

Could anyone help me with a pickle I am in, I have a midfield maestro, he's only 22, he can tear defences apart however he always seems to get sent off, 7 times last season, and in the current season twice in 12 games. I don't know wether I should sell him as he doesn't seem to be getting better even though I have fined him numerous times. Thanks in advance.

Could anyone help me with a pickle I am in, I have a midfield maestro, he's only 22, he can tear defences apart however he always seems to get sent off, 7 times last season, and in the current season twice in 12 games. I don't know wether I should sell him as he doesn't seem to be getting better even though I have fined him numerous times. Thanks in advance.
Set his tackling to easy in the player instructions. Also check his PPMs - if he has "dives into tackles" try to unlearn it.