Who will lead Newcastle to the most success?

• Total voters
bbc20sports.png

Newcastle Confirm Obinna Signing

Current West Ham loanee Victor Obinna has agreed a pre-contract deal with Newcastle United. This agreement will see him move to Newcastle at the end of the season when his loan contract with West Ham and his full contract with Inter Milan end. Van Aalst has certainly found a bargain here with the young star. Fabricio Coloccini has already expressed his delight at the signing, and now we know that Jo will not be making his loan move permanent. Jo has been less that impressive all season, while Dale Jennings has played well in spells, but what Newcastle need is a proven goalscorer, and hopefully Obinna can be that.

64547953edc9e51ffa5ca779881352fe.jpg

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us at [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Personally don't think you've found a goalscorer in Obinna. Can't doubt that on a free though it's an uberlly immense signing. Well in. I sadly go to Barcelona for the weekend to watch them play Getafe this weekend, so my first Palermo update should be Monday or Tuesday. Thanks folks!

bbc20sports.png

Toon looking safe after February

Newcastle United are now looking safe in the Premier League after an almost unbeaten month in February. Nick van Aalst has done very well in keeping the Toon around 15th spot all year, and now they look like that's where they'll finish.

---

Newcastle 3-2 Fulham
Premier League
Craven Cottage

A very exciting match down in London where Fulham came from two goals down to draw it up before Dan Gosling sealed the match for Newcastle. Newcastle took a 2-0 lead through goals from Nolan and Jorgensen, only to see Fulham draw it up. Dan Gosling struck with ten minutes left to send the travelling fans into raptures. It was a very attacking game from both sides, with end to end action leaving both keepers with lots to do, and manager Nick van Aalst will be very happy with his sides defensive work.

dan-gosling_g_1683662c.jpg

---

Newcastle 2-0 Wigan
Premier League
DW Stadium

A very easy game for Newcastle, especially after a Wigan sending off early in the second half. One goal each side of half time sealed the three points for Newcastle, Ben Arfa and Jennings having the lethal touches on the day. Guillermo Ochoa did not have one save to make all day, and that will definitely please young manager Nick van Aalst. A good relaxing game before the tough game against Everton coming up.

---

Newcastle 0-0 Everton
Premier League
St. James' Park

A very aggressive game from both sides, and a game Newcastle probably should have won in front of the home support. Four yellow cards were dealt out to Newcastle players on the day, Nolan, Tiote, Jonas and Barton. That is one area that Newcastle will need to deal with soon.

---

Newcastle 1-3 Tottenham
Premier League
White Hart Lane

An exact opposite of the same match earlier in the season. The only real positive from the game for Newcastle, was a first Newcastle goal for young defender James Tomkins. All three of the Tottenham goals were very soft, and Newcastle have a right to feel hard done by a bit, but then again, you can't rely on luck in the Premier League.

---

Sitting in the same spot as always on the Premier League ladder with ten games left in the campaign. Newcastle look safe, but they can not ease off now.

View attachment 146752

Newcastle Player of the Month Award goes to...

View attachment 146751

Next month's fixtures

vs Blackburn (Home)
vs Wolves (Away)

200px-Newcastle_United_Logo_svg.png

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us at [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Looks good, and signing Obinna is beast. Hopefully toddzy will have a bit more luck in Palermo. :)

newcastle.png

March Update

kevin-nolan_gty_1371027c.jpg

Here is the nufc.co.uk update for Newcastle's short month of games.

Newcastle 2-2 Everton
13px-Soccerball_shade.png
Phil Jagielka (o.g)
Romelu Lukaku

In their first match in March, Alan Shearer's Newcastle took on David Moyes's Everton. Things did not start so well for the Toon when Luis Saha struck home after just thirteen minutes. A Phil Jagielka own goal though, on the dawn of half time gave Shearer's side hope. Just a minute after coming back from the break, Romelu Lukaku struck it into the back of the net to give the home side the lead. Marouane Fellaini though, ended all hopes of the Magpies taking the game, with a 75th minute header. Two goals all, a result for both teams.

Stoke 1-5 Newcastle
Vaclav Kadlec
Ryan Taylor
Garra Dembelé (2)
Romelu Lukaku

In their second, and final game of the month, the Toon travelled to Stoke in what was sure to be a tough game. They could not have got off to a worse start as Kenwyne Jones struck home after just two minutes. Stoke held on till half time against what looked like a lacklustre Toon side. Shearer must have said something at half time as the Magpies came out firing. Two minutes after coming back, Kadlec scored a nice goal to equal the match. Ryan Taylor then put Toon in front just after the hour mark. Two minutes later, Dembelé doubled their lead and the game looked like it was theirs. Dembelé added to the scoring after 74 minutes. Romelu Lukaku completed the scoring with a lovely finish ten minutes from time to round off a great comeback for Shearer's side. Many players praised Shearer's words at half time as being the reason for the comeback.

alan-shearer.jpg

Alan Shearer said:
This was a very good month for us. We only played twice but we got four points from two games that were not easy. We are one step closer to Europe and we are looking very good once again. I am delighted with the team.

Good story mate. Nice easy read. Please have a look and comment on my story, AFC Wimbledon - The Rise of the Wombles, when u can.

Thanks

newcastle.png

April Update

Pg-54-newcastle-get_439444t.jpg

Here is the update for the penultimate month of the season, from nufc.co.uk.

Newcastle 4-2 Wolves
Hatem Ben Arfa
Kevin Nolan
Vaclav Kadlec
Steven Taylor

In the first game in April, the Toon took on Wolves at St James's Park in a thrilling contest. Nenad Milihas gave the away side the lead after just twelve minutes with a superb long range effort. There were stern words from Shearer at half time as the Magpies went in one down, and they came out firing. Ben Arfa equalised after just three minutes of the second half being played. Three minutes after the hour mark, skipper Kevin Nolan smashed one home to give his side the lead. Two minutes later, that lead was doubled by a typical Kadlec finish. Steven Taylor made it a three goal lead before Stephen Hunt would complete the scoring, still resulting in a thrilling win for Newcastle.

Aston Villa 0-1 Newcastle
Jonás

In their next game, the Magpies travelled to the Midlands to take on Aston Villa. It was always goinbg to be a tough game for Shearer's side but they were just about holding their own after forty five minutes. It certainly helped the away side that Habib Beye was sent off seven minutes before the hour mark. With ten minutes to go, Newcastle finally took advantage, with a Jonás strike handing them all three points.

Newcastle 3-2 Manchester United
Romelu Lukaku
Steven Taylor
Vaclav Kadlec

Last time Alan Shearer's Newcastlke side took on Man United, it was Shearer's first game in charge and his team were destroyed 8-1. This however was a different story. Things did not start well however, when Chicarito scored inside the first five minutes. Only three minutes later though, Romelu Lukaku levelled the scoring. Another four minutes on, Shearer's outfit were leading after a well placed header from Steven Taylor. Three minutes later, the Red Devils were dealt a sucker punch when Vaclav Kadlec doubled the Toon's lead to make it 3-1. Twelve minutes later, United got one back through another strike from Chicarito. Unfortunately, the second half was not as eventful as the first with no goals appearing. However, Alan Shearer must be delighted after his side outplayed Manchester United and came away with the three points.

Blackpool 0-2 Newcastle
Sebastián Coates
Jonás

After the wonderful performance at home to United, Newcastle travelled to the seaside to take on Blackpool. Defender Sebastián Coates headed home the opening goal for Newcastle half an hour into the match. The Toon continued to control the game and doubled the lead two minutes after half time when Jonás ended a great win with an equally great finish. This resulted in another great win for Shearer's team.

Liverpool 1-2 Newcastle
Romelu Lukaku
Stephen Ireland

In the last game in April, Newcastle travelled to old rivals Liverpool in what was sure to be a fiery affair. Things started brilliantly for Newcastle when Romelu Lukaku burst the net after just five minutes. After this goal though, the home side started to show their authority. Liverpool finally got their equaliser through Charles N'Zogbia six minutes after coming back from half time. This did not last long though, when Stephen Ireland struck an absolute beauty into the back of the net to give the visitors a renewed lead. Liverpool were on top again but failed to capitalise as Newcastle grinded out a fabulous win.

League Table

View attachment 147954

alan-shearer.jpg

Alan Shearer said:
What a brilliant month this was for us. After a terrible February, we have bounced back tremendously. Five wins out of five against some very good teams are more than I ever could of hoped for. That win against United was just too good for words. We are now within touching distance of a Champions League spot and I can feel it in my grasp. We must get there now.

Player of the Month

steven-taylor-458626698.jpg

Steven has been brilliant this month. His defending has been exceptional in all of our five wins and to score two goals is also impressive.

Amazing Dan. Champs League football is a must ;) Great first season. I'll hopefully update tonight, but I can't promise anything.

Woohoo! 5 wins out of 5! Get that 2nd spot Dan! :D

great update get some champions league football next season

Good work but please do not beat L'pool like that again. Saddens me to see my favourite club lose... But good work getting a CL place. Also, Dan, you seem to be the most active updater in this thread. You have a lot of time XD

Yeah sorry about not updating. I have not had time this afternoon due to other commitments. I will try my absolute best to get an update in tomorrow. :S

No excuse Toddzy :p And yes, getting some quality FM time in before I need to start reising for my exams :(

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

newcastle.png

May Update

alan-shearer_1409512c.jpg

Here is the report of the Toon's last three games of the season from nufc.co.uk

Newcastle 2-1 Birmingham
Shola Ameobi
Romelu Lukaku

In their third from last game of the Premier League season, three points at home to Birmingham would be massive to help the Toon ensure Champions League football next season. The Magpies were much the better team in the first half but it looked like heading in goalless. That was until Shola Ameobi made the net bulge in the first mintues of added time. The second half evened out and the Brum made quite a few shots on goals. Toon fans were heartbroken when Matt Derbyshire struck home for Birmingham with just four minutes of ordinary time left on the clock. However, it was not over. In the last kick of the game, Romelu Lukaku burst through on goal to hit the back of the net to give his side a fantastic three points.

Chelsea 7-0 Newcastle

In the penultimate game of the season, Newcastle had a **** of a tough game, away at Chelsea. Their defence had looked so solid as of late but this did not happen at the Bridge. Chelsea found themselves 4-0 up after half time after being gifted two penalties. In the second half, Frank Lampard completed his hattrick, on his way to ensuring a 7-0 win for the Blues. Alan Shearer's and Newcastle's second seven goal loss of the season.

Newcastle 3-0 West Brom
Hatem Ben Arfa (3)

In their last Premier League game of the season, Newcastle faced off against West Brom at St James's. Three points for Alan Shearer's team would make sure that Newcastle could be playing against the likes of Barcelona next season. Things started brilliantly for the Magpies when Hatem Ben Arfa completed a great run to score on the thirteenth minute mark. Four minutes later, the Albion conceded a penalty. Hatem Ben Arfa stepped up.........Goooooaaaalllllll. In to the bottom corner it went, and Newcastle United were cruising. Just six minutes later, Hatem Ben Arfa ended another run with another fabulous goal to complete his hattrick in the space of just fourteen minutes. This wrapped up the three points for the Toon and they will be playing in the Champions League in 2011 and 2012.

Final League Table

View attachment 148477

alan-shearer.jpg

Alan Shearer said:
Well well well. What a finish to a fantastic season for the club. To lose 7-0 to Chelsea was a disgrace but my team fell asleep for a game, what else can I say? To come out and beat West Brom like that afterwards though was very impressive. At the atart of the season, I would have settled for keeping this club in the Premier League but the response I have got from my players and to ensure Champions League football next season is just unbelievable.

ChampionsLeagueTrophy.jpg

The Champions League will be on Alan Shearer's radar next season.

Last edited:
where did you finish in the league dan? and well done on champions league football