Bit of a different one. Doing a save with Portsmouth.

Our star player is Jed Wallace, Portsmouth are broke and despite getting big money offers for years (offers around the 10-13mil while in League 1 and my transfer budget at the time was 0.5mil), I've managed to keep Wallace all the way to the Champions League (still got him 6 seasons in)

Won my League 2, Championship and EPL player of the year. Picture below he is valued at 9mil but he was up to 15mil but he's been injured for first 4 months of the year.

Heart and soul of the team, I have an emotional attachment.

View attachment 237159View attachment 237158

Do you not know Gotze? Maybe I misunderstood the tone. (H)

Of course I know Götze, but haven't acquired him since ages (FM2012 was the last one maybe) so that's why I was asking. :)

I remember I was managing West Ham, and Inter got relegated to Serie B so everybody was unhappy and I managed to sign some key staff from there and Icardi for ridicously low prices.

During my first season with real sociedad first thing I did was sign Vela and Canales to new contracts at the end of the season Man City and Liverpool activated both of them (60 mill Vela and 40 mill Canales), with that I bought Depay, De Bruyne, Volland,Balanta, Jovic, Barbosa and Tielemans some of these with instalments of course but I thought I did quite well.

Of course I know Götze, but haven't acquired him since ages (FM2012 was the last one maybe) so that's why I was asking. :)

Ah ha, I signed Gotze for Man Utd after about 3 seasons for 15mil. Had awesome stats and was rated the best CAM in the world according to scouts but he always said "Maybe I'm not cut out to play at this level". I reckon his personality and hidden stats brought him down. He also only asked to be a rotation option.

I have a theory, players who ask to be First Team or Key Player are more confident in their ability and often produce better results than a star player (IE: Gotze) who only asks to be a rotation.

Last edited:
I bought a young striker when I moved to a new club. I got him for free at the age of 15 initially. He spent 2 years as a backup/rotation player and impressed me a lot.

At the new club, I spent 24m on him as an 18 year old. He went on to become a goal scoring machine. At 25, I received an offer for him for 106.75m (not all up front though) and I just couldn't turn that down.

This was FM14, but the title said best business you've EVER done. :D

loaned halilovic for free seasons straight as wba, then signed on a free then one and a half seasons later sold to man city for 75m

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sold Andreas Pereira (who I signed for free from United) after only one brilliant season for 25M to Corinthians.

The guy was a monster ended up with 8.02 overall rating last season and you guys have every reason to think I am mad BUT the thing is, Juventus made Tielemans available for 40M and I just couldn't say no. :D

So, my current starting LU is:

Blanco - Johnny (RB), Rugani (CBR), Wimmer (CBL), Balanta (LB) - Lucas Romero (DM), Ruben Neves (BBM), Tielemans (AP) - Quintero (AP), Kenedy (RMD), Aboubakar (CF)

Will post screenshots later today! :)

Nice job!

Is Aboubakar worth buying? How good is he exactly?

Buying Veratti for £4mil then selling to Juventus a few seasons down the line for £52mil and a 50% sell on fee :)

Vallejo to city for 69mil, after 2 seasons playing as Derby

Buying Veratti for £4mil then selling to Juventus a few seasons down the line for £52mil and a 50% sell on fee :)

Nice business! Btw, every time I try to sign Veratti PSG asks for 40+ million or something. Now, in my current save with Wolves Chelsea signed him for 15 million. :S

Nice business! Btw, every time I try to sign Veratti PSG asks for 40+ million or something. Now, in my current save with Wolves Chelsea signed him for 15 million. :S

Was quite lucky to get him as he was transfer listed on the first window- same with Digne. Do miss him, was a ****** good player.

Earned promotion with Wolves so to prepare the team for the Premier League, I've bought Balanta (10M), Bartley (600k), R. Zivkovic (11M) and the beast of a goalkeeper Fernando Pacheco (free).

The reason why I've posted this here is that I'm really pleased with my transfer maneuvers (signed excellent players to the strenghten the weaker areas) and as it's gonna be the 2nd season of the game, managed to buy both Zivkovic and Balanta pretty cheap.

So my LU for the upcoming season:

Pacheco - Goldbourne, Balanta, Bartley, Doherty - Coquelin (loan from Arsenal), McDonald, Tariq - Nené, Sako, Zivkovic

Could post screenshots later today.

Last edited:
Signing Pedro on free in Valencia and selling him to United for 23M played him as Right Midfielder, ended the season with 13 goals and 27 assists

Cauley Woodrow for 52 million
Lucas Silva (Real Madrid) bought for 2.9 million sold for 25 million

Signing Pedro on free in Valencia and selling him to United for 23M played him as Right Midfielder, ended the season with 13 goals and 27 assists

Wow, considering Pedro's **** stats in the game, that's beast! Never acquired him in the game before tho.