The Better Half - Plug & Shout Tactics

Hey, I have some troubles downloading the newest narrow diamond tactic. May I know what are the changes? Thx alot

Hey, I have some troubles downloading the newest narrow diamond tactic. May I know what are the changes? Thx alot

That version is just tweaked to suit my specific players slightly better. As I use Milner as MCr, I provided him with some higher creative freedom and a free role so that he could drift wide and use his ppms. Filefront seems to be unstable these days and as this forum has the service of letting us upload the tactic files, I will do so in the future

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:53 AM ----------

Next asymmetric up for testing, will be posted in post number 3, the beta-stage post

This formation are for teams that have a AMR and a TQ that stands out amongst the rest of the players

Download Link, The asymmetric NR 3

ass3.png

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:47 PM ----------

First season with the Asymmetric NR 3

city2transf.png

city1.png

citylc.png

cutytable.png

this tactic looks fun, will try it out soon. Which team other than man city can use this tactic without major signings

this tactic looks fun, will try it out soon. Which team other than man city can use this tactic without major signings

Any team that has a good AMR a good TQ and some hardworking MC and DMCs. The tactic is still in betatesting though and has been tweaked some. The final version will probably be upladed late tonight after I and SUCK IT from SI have spoken some more

Won 5 games and drew a game with Bayern Munich in the mid of 3rd season. Used anchor man tho, cause veloso not performing lawl.

:'(
Won 5 games and drew a game with Bayern Munich in the mid of 3rd season. Used anchor man tho, cause veloso not performing lawl.

If you make any tweaks to the tactics, please feel free to upload screenies of those. After all, the tactics can never go gold as there is alwasy something for me to learn

Off topic:
I love the fact the someone rated this thread with one star, ie, **** thread. Not that it matters though but I liked the fact that it had 5-stars ratings only. Well, that's me getting back for rating it 5-stars my self;)

I have tweaked back to the original, I guess the new signing veloso is a flop lol. Btw when I click the attachment button, it opens this thread in a new window?

Step 3 Uploading the screenshot onto FM-Base
When you are posting you will see a paper clip icon.? All you do is click that icon and then click Choose then you will need to find the screenshot and that is in the folder you have just created so go to that folder and double click on the image you can upload 6 images at a time but if you do decide to upload more it will take longer to upload so you have decided how many you want to upload press Upload it will now say Uploading File(s) - Please Wait the upload will be complete once that has gone then all you have to do is post and the screenshots will appear on your post

Last edited:
I wondered if you could give me some advice, i play with your 4231 david villa i have bought dzeko who in pre season was killing teams 4-5 goals a game im now 8 games in the season and he hasnt scored yet, my team were playing really well, but they suddenly gone off the boil, in the first few games we were getting 65-70% possession now in some games were getting 45-50% dont know whats happened i love playing 4231 and its great to find a 4231 that actually works on fm10

I started the season with Everton. Could you give me advice, which tactic I should use?

I wondered if you could give me some advice, i play with your 4231 david villa i have bought dzeko who in pre season was killing teams 4-5 goals a game im now 8 games in the season and he hasnt scored yet, my team were playing really well, but they suddenly gone off the boil, in the first few games we were getting 65-70% possession now in some games were getting 45-50% dont know whats happened i love playing 4231 and its great to find a 4231 that actually works on fm10

Possession - I never care that much about it as long as we get good chances and don't give away too many CCCs

Dzeko - If he plays alone upfront and has not scored does this mean that you are loosing matches and points that you should have won ?. If not, then he will start scoring, no problems. If you are doing bad, then I would put this down to him being new, not coping too good with the pressure..or..he is being overconfident. Either way, I think he will start scoring if you give him some more matches

I started the season with Everton. Could you give me advice, which tactic I should use?

Have you made any signings or are you planing any ?

Yes, I have bought Beasley from Ranger, and sold Saha and Cahill to Chelsea.

Yes, I have bought Beasley from Ranger, and sold Saha and Cahill to Chelsea.

Being really into these asymmetric ones, You could use the one found in post nr 42.There is also 2 good ones found in my homepage called asymmetric nr 1 and nr 4

http://www.thebetterhalf.n.nu/links

Nr 1

newvilla.png

assnr4.png

These results have just been posted with Everton, using the Nr 4

Statistik För större storlek, högerklicka och välj visa bild

evertontest.png

evertontabel.png

evertinstats.png

Last edited:
Ok, thanks, I will try the assymetric tactics. I hope Ill find the right one.

I wil try out the new assymetric tactics mate,and yeah against Teams who play posseion football,I like to play on the counter which works

I wil try out the new assymetric tactics mate,and yeah against Teams who play posseion football,I like to play on the counter which works

Looking forward to the feedback. After the asymmetrics have been tested some more, the first post will be heavily updated with unique shouts and more in depth player requirements for every single. As you all understand, the more feedback I get, praise as well as constructive criticism, the better the tactics will be when going gold

Last edited:
This tactics are only for top teams, or they work with teams from lower leagues, like English League 1, League 2, BSP, or other european leagues- Belgium, Portugal...?

This tactics are only for top teams, or they work with teams from lower leagues, like English League 1, League 2, BSP, or other european leagues- Belgium, Portugal...?

The "normal" formations in the opening thread work with all teams as long as you have the players for the level playing at,(when I say that the DCs need to be fast, this is in relation to the opponents attackers)

The asymmetric ones are mostly for top levels( Belgium and Portugale top division count as that )

I tinkered around with your winger that is used in the asymmetric NR3 that you used with Man City.

I moved the Left Central Midfielder to AML, and used the exact same settings as the other winger, and changed the two up front into the normal middle two positions using Target Man and Poacher.

attachment.php

I had some great results and so indifferent results. Here are my three best results.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note the advantage in CCC's in the 2nd and third games posted against two of the toughest teams to beat in FM10.

I also made it to the Semi-Finals of the Europa League.

The link is at the bottom of the page if you wish to have a look.

First Post have been updated with the following.....

Part Two, The Asymmetric Formations

This 2nd post contains

• - The Formations
    - The Download LInks
    - The player roles
    - The Shouts
    - The Tweaks
    - Other Settings and options

The Players & The formations

In this text, I will present some of the players that you will find in the formations below. In the screenshots, the players will be addressed as the shortening of their Role. Riot FC will be RiotF and the Riot Winger as RiotW etc. Have a look at the requirements for each and every role. When constructing or tweaking these formations your self, also have a look what they actually do with these instructions and pay extra attention to the preferred foot
    As you also will see, only the roles that I my self have created are described in here as along with these, I use the roles setup by the wizard and their required stats can easily be viewed, as usual, in the Wizard whee they are highlighted

........Asymmetric Nr 1...........Asymmetric Nr 3...........Asymmetric NR 6

postnr1.png
    post2nr3.png
    post2nr6.png

Download LInks

Download Link Nr 1
    Download Link Nr 3
    Download Link Nr 6

The TBH Roles

Role: Riot FC ( RiotF)

Position: FCr, FCl

Mission: Score Goal

Often seen: At the end off the moves, beating the last defender with his pace. Moving into channels or drifting away form his defender seeking free space. Wining the golden boot

Footednessss: Right foot on right, left on left

PPMsMs: Move into channels, Gets inside the box

Important stats: Pace, Off the ball, Finishing, Composure

Preferred teammates: A Target man, Wide roaming MR/L on same flank

Role: Riot WingerRiotWtW)

Position: AMR, AML

Mission: Score goals and setup goals

Often seen: Running up and down the flank, Actively seeking space between the FB and DC. Getting inside the box, with or without the ball, taking the shortest way to the goal

Footednessss: Right on right, left on left. This is important as he otherwise will not take the shortest way to the goal in between the FB and DC but instead dribbling sideways with the DC and FB cutting all angels for a pass or breakthrough.

PPMs: Moves into channels, Cuts inside, gets inside the area

Important stats: Off the ball, Acceleration( with pace), Dribbling, Finishing

Preferred teammates: Single central FC, Deep lying PLM on same side, SupportinWingback

Role: Link WingerLinkWkW)

Position: AMR, AML

Mission: Link up attacks and setup goals, supporting the FC

Often seen: Connecting with an more advancelinkplayerer such as a Target man or TQ on same flank. Moving in centrally, playing a short passing game, not dwelling on the ball or dribbling too much. Creating space for a drifting box2box MC and/or Wingbackck. Crossing or making t-balls at the far post/opposite flank

Footednessss: Left on Right, Right on Left

PPMs Moves into channels, Gets inside the area, Huge touchline. NOT cuts inside and this is important as he otherwise will not take the shortest way to the goal in between the FB and DC and/or make a quick pass but instead dribble sideways with the DC and FB cutting all angels for a pass or breakthrough.

Important stats: Passing, Creativity, Agility, First touch, Anticipation

Preferred teammates: A link Player on the same flank, TQ or TM. SupportinWingbackck on same flank, Covering DMC, a box2box

Role: Scoring AMC (SAMC)

Position: AMC, AMCl, AMCr

Mission: Score goals and setup the FC.

Often seen : Running through the center with or without the ball. At the end of the moves. Seeking space between thDCsCs. Staying central

Footednessss: right on AMCr, left oAMCl

PPMs: Gets inside the box, Runs with the ball through the center, Makes t-balls

Important stats: Passing, Creativity, first touch, Acceleration, Off the ball, Long shots

Preferred teammates: A TQ, A Riot Winger, 2 driftinFCsCs

Role: Roaming Wide Winger (RWW)

Mission: Setup goals and create space out wide

Position: MR, ML

Often seen: Running up and down the flank, staying wide when in possession. Crossing at far post. Seeking free space at the far post. Arriving late in the area. Making overlaps with the Attacking Fullback

Footednessss: Right on right, Left on left

PPMs Runs down “correct” flank, Moves into channels, Gets inside the area

Important stats: Stamina, Crossing, Dribbling, Off the ball, Anticipation

Preferred teammates. A Riot FC on same flank, playmakerer on same side, an Attacking Fullback

The Wizard Roles - See the Wizard for most important stats ( they are highlighted)

Strong Target Man will be referred to as...STM
    Quick Target Man as....QTM
    Complete Target Man as...CTM

Complete Forward as....CF
    QuicPoacheher as....QP
    Strong Poacher as....SP
    Trequartista as....TQ

Box to Box as....B2B
    Ballwinning Midfielder as...BWM
    Defensive Midfielder as...DM
    AdvancePlaymakerer as...APLM
    Deep LyinPLaymakeker as...DPLM

Attacking Fullback as...AFB
    SupportinWingbackck as...SWB
    Quick Defender as.... QD

Shouts

Shouts and tweaks for the asymmetric

To go more Attacking

- Strategy - Attack – increases mentality, tempo and width , adds bombing fullback if having tweaked those to support
    - Shout - Exploit the flanks or overlaps
    - Shout - Pass ball into space
    - Shout Work Ball into Box

Defensive Shout
    - Tweak - Passing focus - Through the middle
    - Tweak - The fullbacks = let them have HUb and change the wide play to "huge touchline" ( also let both be Fullbacks on support)
    -Shout - Strategy =Balanced
    - Shout - Retain possession
    - Shout - Take a breather

Counter Shouts

- Tweak - Passing focus - Through the middle
    - Tweak - The fullbacks = let them have HUb and change the wide play to "huge touchline" ( also let both be Fullbacks on support)
    -Shout - Strategy =Counter
    - Shout - Pass ball into space

Overload Tweak

- Screen to come

The Tweaks, settings and other options

Fullbacks and Wingbacks:
    - Feel free to make them more cautious

Actually Using a Target Man and/or Playmaker
    - Most tactics don’t actually use one , but feel free to untick" the box where I have selected "none", or is there are more options than one, chose one your self

Set Pieces:
    Corners - I have been using a poor corner setting to avoid any Me Flaw. Against poor teams, we do seem to score some lurker goals and dont know how to get rid of it as no-one is actually set to lurk.

Will try out the Flat 4-4-2 with Leeds now and post on here how I get on