Hi again:p was wondering if this would be a good base to start my united Tactic fromView attachment 398055View attachment 398058 If not can you make some suggestions please?:)

It looks good. Perhaps not as a " standard approach", but as a approach when you want to be really attacking and use the flanks

Now. when facing quality teams* sitting deep, its actually better to play more patient and "Atatck" is by default not patient. Why not use "Control" as your most attacking strategy amonst the 3 uploadedin the match prep. Here, perhaps dont use the FC as one that gets forward that much. He will simply be standing still as he has taken his runs intro channels too early in the attacks. Maybe a support role in DLF or Complete FC

* most teams in the prem are of quality, some bottom teams might have great quick AMR/L and FCs and some might have central mides that are truly great in actually performing, putting in the effort

It looks good. Perhaps not as a " standard approach", but as a approach when you want to be really attacking and use the flanks

Now. when facing quality teams* sitting deep, its actually better to play more patient and "Atatck" is by default not patient. Why not use "Control" as your most attacking strategy amonst the 3 uploadedin the match prep. Here, perhaps dont use the FC as one that gets forward that much. He will simply be standing still as he has taken his runs intro channels too early in the attacks. Maybe a support role in DLF or Complete FC

* most teams in the prem are of quality, some bottom teams might have great quick AMR/L and FCs and some might have central mides that are truly great in actually performing, putting in the effort
Ok thanks has been very helpfull. Have changed to control and changed str to a DLP support. What do you think about the player behind the STR? and the team instructions?

Ok thanks have been very helpful. Have changed to control and changed str to a DLP support. What do you think about the player behind the STR? and the team instructions?

Think like this-

Q - where is the space to be found home to Crystal Palace ?
A-Well, as they are sitting deep, the space to exploit will NOT be found in the most advanced block so here, an advanced FC, Poacher or even a Complete/DLF on attack will be wasteful. These players will simply take their runs into channels too early in the attacks and will easily be marked, the angels cut, , being offside, or even being standing still when finally being involved in the play
Here, It’s better to use a player that starts from a high position ( by default as he is a FC) and then either dropping deep ( False nine) or a supporting and/or holding player moving out wide ( player instruction and Move into channels, roaming/free role)

Now, having the Acting like this, how would you use the AMC to do the most damage ?
Well, if he indeed is a player that can play the part of the Shadow Striker, then use him. If he is more in the in the lines of a “ Toure”( man city), then perhaps use him as a AMC/Support along with some personal instructions that makes him use his physics

Q - where is the space to be found AWAY to Crystal Palace ?
A - maybe, it’s the same approach as above but monitor it closely and make the changes as beneath

Q - where is the space to be found Home to Everton ?
A - maybe, it’s the same approach as above but monitor it closely and make the changes as beneath

Q - where is the space to be found AWAY to Everton ?
A – Here, they will PROBABLY use a higher line of defense, they will simply push up a block and of their fullbacks joins the attacks, and there will be space to exploit. Here, why not actually use a player that knows how to do this. Perhaps using a holding player that awaits his teammates or if they are pushed up really high, even an advanced FC or poacher. Behind this player, I would use either a Shadow Striker or an AMC/support

Last edited:
Update:

Its saturday and the kids are at their dad.
- I am having a bottle of expensive wine ( this one was about 35euro so it must be good), cheese, pata negra and FM14 :D

I'd like to ask a few questions,
What is your reason for picking a Standard philosophy?
Why did you pick a DW and a WTM instead of regular wingers?
Thanks!

I'd like to ask a few questions,
What is your reason for picking a Standard philosophy?
Why did you pick a DW and a WTM instead of regular wingers?
Thanks!

The Standard is because is a point from where you can take it.
The Defensive Winger is to add one more player obligated to defense and it works really good with the attacking defender behind him
The Wide Target Man is a role that I have been using since FM10 and since I found it introduced in FM13, I just had to try it. Naturally, you could use a different role but think of it as a "Cavani" starting from deep

Thinking about using The Split 451 for my longterm Everton save and applying that philosophy. Love the approach you use with your tactics. Here's hoping this 451 fits with Everton. I don't like selling off a whole bunch of players in the beginning of a save.

Thinking about using The Split 451 for my longterm Everton save and applying that philosophy. Love the approach you use with your tactics. Here's hoping this 451 fits with Everton. I don't like selling off a whole bunch of players in the beginning of a save.

Lookin forward to hearing from you and your results with them. I am currently testing my " The different 451 " from Fm13 in this edition and in the long run, this approach might be even better for you
( have a look in my Fm13 thread and perhaps try to set it up your self)

Update:

Its saturday and the kids are at their dad.
- I am having a bottle of expensive wine ( this one was about 35euro so it must be good), cheese, pata negra and FM14 :D

Cheers and enjoy you evening! Myself Im going with redbull & FM14, then waiting for (UFC fightnight). You are doing an amazing job here on FM-BASE, as always. Tack s? mycket.

Lookin forward to hearing from you and your results with them. I am currently testing my " The different 451 " from Fm13 in this edition and in the long run, this approach might be even better for you
( have a look in my Fm13 thread and perhaps try to set it up your self)

Were you talking about the Wide 451 - Underdog Direct Counter??? Would I be able to DL and import into FM14 or would I have to setup manually w/ individual player instructions?

Were you talking about the Wide 451 - Underdog Direct Counter??? Would I be able to DL and import into FM14 or would I have to setup manually w/ individual player instructions?

No, we have re-re-make it. It rather simple though but Iwont hvae time for that this week

Standard - Counter

DMCs . DMCs support. play more direct, get forward, pass into space
MC . Ballwinner .Short passing

Just got an absolute footballing lesson off of West Ham (IKR).

First half. Everything going as planned. West Ham with their 4231. 3-0 Me going into the break off of 2 counter attacks.

Second half. WH make 3 changed. Convert to a 41221, attacking, high-line. 3-3 full time. Felt like nothing I done helped. I changed approaches a couple of times and yet they just ploughed through.

Extra time. They got a red. So I went out to overload the middle and just batter my way over the finish line. No, they injure one of my brought on subs (80% fitness left) and they subsequently get another red. Thus leaving 9v10 situation.

They opt for a back 4, 1 DM, 2 wingers, 1 ST. So I stick to my plan minus my DM which seems like it shouldn't have too much detriment to my system. Somehow their players withstand my advances with ease and Joe Cole runs up the other end and scores. They win 4-3.

The only thing that I could see being the issue here is that I praised them at HT. Probably making them complacent. But still, we were played off the park and I was literally unable to respond correctly.

Sam Allardyce bent me over and gave me a right good seeing to there.

EDIT: Question. What would you have done after seeing them come out and attack like that.

EDIT:
View attachment 463616 Is how we lined up for this match. League Cup match so some big players rested. And Alberto played out of position/role. This is generally for away matches where I've been having problems conceding thus far (really working so far)
I adjust Mentality/instuctions etc throughout the match.

Last edited:
Nice depth but...

I like the analysis of the tactics system. The breakdown of it so to speak. The problem is the inconsistencies between player roles and tasks, and what the tactic screens show us. Another problem is you using Arsenal as an example team for showing your system works. In my opinion, that doesn?t prove anything.

Show us how it works when using a team that isn?t a top tier team. Aston Villa, Norwich or Swansea perhaps...

But im impressed with your knowledge and football sense when making tactics, because the system makes complete sense in my ears. It might just be the beta. :)

I like the analysis of the tactics system. The breakdown of it so to speak. The problem is the inconsistencies between player roles and tasks, and what the tactic screens show us. Another problem is you using Arsenal as an example team for showing your system works. In my opinion, that doesn?t prove anything.

Show us how it works when using a team that isn?t a top tier team. Aston Villa, Norwich or Swansea perhaps...

But im impressed with your knowledge and football sense when making tactics, because the system makes complete sense in my ears. It might just be the beta. :)

She has proven that her approach works countless times with smaller teams (FM13) It works the same way in FM14. The Arsenal example is just a quick taste to give us more aesthetic example. (And Im 100% sure she will show examples with smaller teams when given time)

For what it's worth, the asymmetrical 451 has me sitting third in France with Rennes, who were predicted to come 15th at the beginning of the game and have a squad that's **** even by Ligue 1 standards. Granted, the league's tight, but it's getting business done so far.

Last edited:

Not really sure what you mean with the inconsistency between the tasks and Roles versus the tactic screen when you also say that it makes sense. Should it have been " when looking at the match" rather than the " Tactic screen" ?

As for results, I would have got your point if I had written " super tactic, try this and you will win the league". But... as the result is not even in the post of the presentation, the post where I have written about that its a system and not a win it all approach, I don't see why I have to prove anything by showing screens with underdogs. ( I have tested the approach with Villa as well though and we overachieved)

Just got an absolute footballing lesson off of West Ham (IKR).

First half. Everything going as planned. West Ham with their 4231. 3-0 Me going into the break off of 2 counter attacks.

Second half. WH make 3 changed. Convert to a 41221, attacking, high-line. 3-3 full time. Felt like nothing I done helped. I changed approaches a couple of times and yet they just ploughed through.

Extra time. They got a red. So I went out to overload the middle and just batter my way over the finish line. No, they injure one of my brought on subs (80% fitness left) and they subsequently get another red. Thus leaving 9v10 situation.

They opt for a back 4, 1 DM, 2 wingers, 1 ST. So I stick to my plan minus my DM which seems like it shouldn't have too much detriment to my system. Somehow their players withstand my advances with ease and Joe Cole runs up the other end and scores. They win 4-3.

The only thing that I could see being the issue here is that I praised them at HT. Probably making them complacent. But still, we were played off the park and I was literally unable to respond correctly.

Sam Allardyce bent me over and gave me a right good seeing to there.

EDIT: Question. What would you have done after seeing them come out and attack like that.

EDIT:
View attachment 398081 Is how we lined up for this match. League Cup match so some big players rested. And Alberto played out of position/role. This is generally for away matches where I've been having problems conceding thus far (really working so far)
I adjust Mentality/a etc throughout the match.

Regarding the approach, the issue I see when facing teams attacking you is the big gap you leave on your left side. Your team is dropping deep but yet you have a ballwinner that will burst forward to close down their central Mids in their build up. If, or rather when, they get passed him, they have a open freeway of space to exploit behind him. No winger,no DMC, just a DC and DL sitting deep and being passive.

Here, I would probably have pushed up the team and retained possession.

I'm trying 'The Gyroscope' and the first match ended 6-0 and shots 35-4. It looks promising!

EDIT: 2-0 (28-5) in the second game.

Tack f?r ditt jobb TBH!

Last edited:
I'm trying 'The Gyroscope' and the first match ended 6-0 and shots 35-4. It looks promising!

EDIT: 2-0 (28-5) in the second game.

Tack f?r ditt jobb TBH!

Sounds good. What team are you playing with ?

Just updating:
Started with Chelsea using the Split 4-5-1 and im having great success :) Mata is actually insane in the SS position and managed to get 5 assists in one game. Im roatating Eto'o and Torres in the f9 and Torres has started really well, and Eto'o is slowly catching up now. Hazard is doing good in the WTM but is a bit inconsistant. Tried Willian for a few matches and he's doing really well there. And Ramires is magic in that DW position