Hi just need bit off help with my united tactic, im really solid defensive wise and my DMs are getting really good passing stats and are nearly MOM every game. Its just my attacking players are beeing really poor, not scoring or creating much seem to score alot from corners and set pieces. Could you have a look at my screenshots and give me some advice please:)View attachment 398407View attachment 398409View attachment 398412View attachment 398418View attachment 398419View attachment 398423

Yes I can imagine that. Your team is simply two blocks. Your defence play ultra short whilst all 4 advanced players are on attack with 3 of them having having get forward even more often in their instructions, making them isolated. You have no player moving between the lines in midfield or attack. Here, you will keep good possession due to that the DMCs will get most passes right since they are sideways or back to the defender and being United, teams will sit back more and let them pin the ball to each other.

Why not start out with using more supporting roles upfront and no " get forward" Instrcutions, the AMC being the most important link player .

Last edited:
Yes I can imagine that. Your team is simply two blocks. Your defence play ultra short whilst all 4 advanced players are on attack with 3 of them having having get forward even more often in their instructions, making them isolated. You have no player moving between the lines in midfield or attack. Here, you will keep good possession due to that the DMCs will get most passes right since they are sideways or back to the defender and being United, teams will sit back more and let them pin the ball to each other.

Why not start out with using more supporting roles upfront and no " get forward" Instrcutions, the AMC being the most important link player .
Ok thanks i understand about the 2 blocks now did not really think of it like that. So remove get forward instruction on all attack players? And what do you suggest for AMC possition like Role/instructions?:)

Ok thanks i understand about the 2 blocks now did not really think of it like that. So remove get forward instruction on all attack players? And what do you suggest for AMC possition like Role/instructions?:)

Nr 1 Dont underestimate using him on CM as an advanced PLM and the FC as. False nine. As AMC, just use him without the get forward instruction and let him play a shorter passing game. Let him play a more probing role, not so many risky passes. He will still do it, but won't ALWAYS look for it.This will let you move upfield as a team and stretch their defence.
In AMC,

With The hints above, its almost how I play in my more attacking version of my Deep 4231( I have a standard and a counter to)

Nr 1 Dont underestimate using him on CM as an advanced PLM and the FC as. False nine. As AMC, just use him without the get forward instruction and let him play a shorter passing game. Let him play a more probing role, not so many risky passes. He will still do it, but won't ALWAYS look for it.This will let you move upfield as a team and stretch their defence.
In AMC,
Soory to sound stupid :pRight i have move the AMC to CM role as an adv playmaker. But not sure what to do with the CF?

Hi just need bit off help with my united tactic, im really solid defensive wise and my DMs are getting really good passing stats and are nearly MOM every game. Its just my attacking players are beeing really poor, not scoring or creating much seem to score alot from corners and set pieces. Could you have a look at my screenshots and give me some advice please:)View attachment 398407View attachment 398409View attachment 398412View attachment 398418View attachment 398419View attachment 398423
Am just saying, I having some terrible experience with the EQ role so far. At least from the combinations I tried! So far, an SS/f9 combination has been flawless for me, despite the deep pressure. Interesting at your deep tactic, I never managed to keep possession with such formation, interesting!

Am just saying, I having some terrible experience with the EQ role so far. At least from the combinations I tried! So far, an SS/f9 combination has been flawless for me, despite the deep pressure. Interesting at your deep tactic, I never managed to keep possession with such formation, interesting!
I know its good at poss not barca standard but still good, and defensive wise is solid. Just atta wise its pretty poor.

I know its good at poss not barca standard but still good, and defensive wise is solid. Just atta wise its pretty poor.
May I see your midfield settings? I'm still trying to get together the new tactic system. :( I'm terrible so far

Soory to sound stupid :pRight i have move the AMC to CM role as an adv playmaker. But not sure what to do with the CF?

I meant you COULD use a MC/Adv PLM and a FC/False nine.
If still wanting to use a deep 4231, just make the changes to the AMC I suggested ( less risky passes etc)

I meant you COULD use a MC/Adv PLM and a FC/False nine.
If still wanting to use a deep 4231, just make the changes to the AMC I suggested ( less risky passes etc)
Right gonna change my ENG to ADV PLY support with less risky pass and without get forward often. And change my FC to F9 with less risky pass and get forward less often. Does this sound ok?:)

Right gonna change my ENG to ADV PLY support with less risky pass and without get forward often. And change my FC to F9 with less risky pass and get forward less often. Does this sound ok?:)

Either that or the suggestions I made for still wanting to use a Deep 4231

Think i will try them suggestions for the 4231 deep. But what player instructions would you suggest for the MC and the FC?

The ones I have written about twice. If playing with MC-FC, then an adv PLM and False nine, no more instructions initially
If AMC- FC, then the roles you have today but with the AMC having shorter passing, no get forward, less risky passes

The ones I have written about twice. If playing with MC-FC, then an adv PLM and False nine, no more instructions initially
If AMC- FC, then the roles you have today but with the AMC having shorter passing, no get forward, less risky passes
Thanks sorry to be a pain:p

Hi i have made the changes you suggested thank you very much this is my tactic so far is there anything you would change either defensive/attacking or midfield wise?View attachment 463420
View attachment 463408View attachment 463409View attachment 463410View attachment 463411View attachment 463412View attachment 463413View attachment 463414View attachment 463415View attachment 463416View attachment 463417View attachment 463418View attachment 463419

My Portsmouth save got an error :mad: But using your 442 I was first with more 11 points than the second. I have to start a new game, choose Crewe this time.

Perhaps change one winger to support along with not having both stay wide.

Something like that. The most vital thing though is that you initially dont give too man individual instructiosn to the players ( or the team). If you do, you will get too one-dimensional. Its better to restrict yourself to a few key once and then add and remove some instructions as you go along.This way, its easier to see what to change, essier to spot flaws and single out the dominante varibable, the cause

Also, notice that I hav only looked at your approach and not if it suits your players

Last edited: