The Bundesliga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the bundesliga, an awesome league.
I like teams such as Dortmund, Schalke and Bremen but my team in germany has to be Bayer Leverkeusen.
I love watching them play, have great players in Vidal, Barnetta, Augusto, Derdiyok and my absolute favourite player, the magnificent Stephan Kiessling!

Did you guys know Özil use to play in Schalke before going to Werder Bremen?

It seems Schalke's youth program is quite good

I love the Bundesliga :) Sc Freiburg all the way :)

did not get a chance to watch any games, I wanted to watch Bremen vs Leverkusen as I love Leverkusen :)

who scored?

I love the Bundesliga :) Sc Freiburg all the way :)

did not get a chance to watch any games, I wanted to watch Bremen vs Leverkusen as I love Leverkusen :)

who scored?
For Leverkusen: Derdiyok & Rolfes
For Bremen: Kiessling (own goal) & Prodl

Leverkusen were man down from 87th minute (second yellow card to Vidal)

Yeah, the finances are improving but they are still in no position to reject a big offer for any of their players. Has Leitner made any impact since he joined bvb? I haven't had the chance to follow much since the new year and he looks like a talent. Has he made any appearances yet?
Yeah finances are definitely improving. In no small part because of the massive home crowds and season ticket holders.

Leitner is on loan at FC Augsburg and has made 5 appearances so far.

Yeah finances are definitely improving. In no small part because of the massive home crowds and season ticket holders.

Leitner is on loan at FC Augsburg and has made 5 appearances so far.

Cheers Tharros, I'm hoping he can have an impact next season, hopefully SI are right regarding his potential

Schalke lead Bayern 1-0 in the DFB Pokal semi final. Bayern at home are again trailing by a goal.

Bayern aren't having a very good season then?
They lost 1:0 at home. Robben & Ribery played, but in defence: Breno & Tymoschuk

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:22 AM ----------

Schalke has still a big chance of entering at least Europa League.
Due to winning against Bayern München (and processing into final of DFB Pokal - German Cup)

DFB-Pokal (German Cup) winner: Qualifies for 4th qualifying round of UEFA Europa League, regardless of league position.

They need to beat Duisburg in the finals :/

They lost 1:0 at home. Robben & Ribery played, but in defence: Breno & Tymoschuk

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:22 AM ----------

Schalke has still a big chance of entering at least Europa League.
Due to winning against Bayern München (and processing into final of DFB Pokal - German Cup)

DFB-Pokal (German Cup) winner: Qualifies for 4th qualifying round of UEFA Europa League, regardless of league position.

They need to beat Duisburg in the finals :/
Schalke should be beating Duisburg... If they don't, I'm not sure how much longer Mr. Magath has. While the second half of the season has been much better than the first for Schalke, it is still unacceptable IMO for a team like Schalke.

How have Schalke only managed to score 29 goals with the attack they have? Madness...

Last edited:
Bayern Munich fans hate Neuer so much and don`t want him at the Allianz Arena.Maybe that puts us ahead of Bayern in the race to sign him.

Neuer, you are only a visitor (in Munich)
dfb-pokal-anti-neuer-19937635-mbqf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Playing for fans (in the future) which boo and hate you?
Don`t you have any proud Schalke ****/*******?
hassbanner__19940253__MBQF,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

No Neuer
dfb-pokal-anti-neuer-19937272-mbqf,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

109716200.jpg

Copied from other forum.

Schalke should be beating Duisburg... If they don't, I'm not sure how much longer Mr. Magath has. While the second half of the season has been much better than the first for Schalke, it is still unacceptable IMO for a team like Schalke.

How have Schalke only managed to score 29 goals with the attack they have? Madness...

They're stats in the League is pretty bad yeah, with 29 scored & 29 received, but you have to take into consideration that in the 1st part of season, it was a completely new team, with maybe 4 players from last season's first eleven, and maybe 8 players who played last season for schalke as well. They did a pretty bad result, and I'm afraid they are doing the same thing like last season, trying to build their formation based on one players performances (Last season - kuranyi, this season - Raul).
in CL they scored 10 goals and only received 3 (In Group stage, +1 goal scored & 1 received in 1st leg of 16 round phase)

They must do better in the league & they MUST win the cup. I don't think Magath will stay the coach due to poor results.

When you watch Schalke's match, you see a lot of balls just going up front to Raul & Huntelaar, Raul being well guarded by 2 or 3 players while Huntelaar is guarded by one and Huntelaar can't lose the one player guarding him, while Raul is able to lose 2-3 guards. Which IMO isn't working and will not be working for a long time.

Now with selling Rakitic, they lost a good player. They lost a good defensive player with selling Jones (or loaning him out / not sure) & a good young slovakian attacker Erik Jendrisek (sold). Magath brought in Karimi & Charisteas (IMO - Very big FAIL from Magath) but also a young midfielder - Anthony Annan.

@sunilvk7
I personally hope Neuer stays in schalke for another 2 seasons at least... Schalke have backup (Schober) but he's not nearly as good as Neuer.

I was always saying that Neuer won't go to Bayern. He is already playing twenty years for Schalke and if he leaves Schalke he wont stay in the Bundesliga. If Neuer leaves, Schalke would have to get a replacement for him... maybe Baumann or Sippel.

Selling Rakitic wasn't that bad it seems. He had a half year of contract and wanted to much money. I saw nearly all Schalke games this season and he doesn't play good if the team doesn't play good. He needs players who have a good technique to play with and well, we only have Raul/Jurado who got that good technique. It was a good deal as he never settled and would have leaved Schalke anyway in the summer.

I really liked Jermaine Jones last year. He is one of those players always fighting and really hard working to get the ball back, but his performance this year was weak. He lost balls, he wasn't able to play easy passes, slided close beside it and didn't get the lost balls back, which caused some goals for the other team as Metzelder wasn't playing that good he is playing now. Annan is way better in my opinion. He is able to start a counter/an attack and his defending skills are pretty good like you could see versus Robben.

Charisteas is a hard one. He was training with the team to stay fit and Magath said he wont offer him a contracted, because he just trained with the team. FM said that he offered him a contract, because he is strong in the air and that is what we are missing. I think Huntelaar is pretty strong in the air and Raul can score with headers, too (like versus Bayern). Metzelder and especially Höwedes, who scored many goals last season, are always dangerous at corners. (Maybe he just wanted a translator for Papa... :D)

I can think of two reasons for signing Karimi:
1. Selling more jerseys in Middle East
or
2. as a backup, which he should be capable to do.

Nearly all balls are bridging the midfield.. it was okay in the first half versus Bayern, but it started again in the second. This high balls to Raul/Huntelaar just don't work as they dont really have support there. The only players supporting them are Jurado/Farfan, but thats not enough versus good defences. Here is someone missing who quickly can change the sides or play a deathly pass.

Glück auf!

I was always saying that Neuer won't go to Bayern. He is already playing twenty years for Schalke and if he leaves Schalke he wont stay in the Bundesliga. If Neuer leaves, Schalke would have to get a replacement for him... maybe Baumann or Sippel.

Selling Rakitic wasn't that bad it seems. He had a half year of contract and wanted to much money. I saw nearly all Schalke games this season and he doesn't play good if the team doesn't play good. He needs players who have a good technique to play with and well, we only have Raul/Jurado who got that good technique. It was a good deal as he never settled and would have leaved Schalke anyway in the summer.

I really liked Jermaine Jones last year. He is one of those players always fighting and really hard working to get the ball back, but his performance this year was weak. He lost balls, he wasn't able to play easy passes, slided close beside it and didn't get the lost balls back, which caused some goals for the other team as Metzelder wasn't playing that good he is playing now. Annan is way better in my opinion. He is able to start a counter/an attack and his defending skills are pretty good like you could see versus Robben.

Charisteas is a hard one. He was training with the team to stay fit and Magath said he wont offer him a contracted, because he just trained with the team. FM said that he offered him a contract, because he is strong in the air and that is what we are missing. I think Huntelaar is pretty strong in the air and Raul can score with headers, too (like versus Bayern). Metzelder and especially Höwedes, who scored many goals last season, are always dangerous at corners. (Maybe he just wanted a translator for Papa... :D)

I can think of two reasons for signing Karimi:
1. Selling more jerseys in Middle East
or
2. as a backup, which he should be capable to do.

Nearly all balls are bridging the midfield.. it was okay in the first half versus Bayern, but it started again in the second. This high balls to Raul/Huntelaar just don't work as they dont really have support there. The only players supporting them are Jurado/Farfan, but thats not enough versus good defences. Here is someone missing who quickly can change the sides or play a deathly pass.

Glück auf!

I agree with you in most of this. Rakitic was not good defensively as offensively yeah.

Do you know that probably this summer Farfan is leaving Schalke for Wolfsburg / Werder Bremen? They almost agreed at the end of january transfer deadline, but the deal fell through in the final minutes. Good for Schalke he's still here, but if he leaves, that will be a problem.

Yeah, I know but this would be good for Magath as he wanted to play 4-4-2 Diamond.

Yeah, I know but this would be good for Magath as he wanted to play 4-4-2 Diamond.

Guess so yeah, with maybe Draxler getting more chance as a starter rather than the 'first substitute'.

Kluge, Annan, Draxler, Jurado would be playing right?

By the way, did anyone here about the suspension of Croat Josip Simunic in Hoffenheim?
Those arses (no offence), suspended him for aparently "listening to the coach for few days and doing sth that coach asked for a few days but then going back to his own way"?

It might be good if Simunic left hoffenheim for another club, he's a great defender, he might be old, but he's really good. And he's the player with the "most yellow cards received in a match before being sent off" (3 against Australia in 2006)

Oh and btw, that guy has AMAZING TECHNIQUE FOR A DEFENDER.

YouTube - Josip "Joe" Šimunić - Croatian Central Defender - STOPER

If coaches let him play a bit more offensive, that would probably be a shocker for the opponent team. This video up was from Croatia - Poland in 2008, he was being "rested" (along with 9-10 players) for the quarter finals of Euro 2008.

Guess so yeah, with maybe Draxler getting more chance as a starter rather than the 'first substitute'.

Kluge, Annan, Draxler, Jurado would be playing right?

He wanted to sign Frankfurts Ochs as right midfielder. Annan would play DMC and Jurado AMC. Draxler and Kluge would be options for MR and Holtby, when he returns in summer should play ML.

--------Jurado--------
Holtby-------- Kluge/Draxler
--------Annan--------

And another three points secured for Borussia Dortmund. The only question that remains now is by how many points will they win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.