The Bundesliga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Schalke wins today, they need a win definetely...

Eintracht is not a stronger team, but they'll be up for it to move up on the table.

Schalke won!

Strange to see Charisteas on, and he scored the WINNING GOAL!
Shocker actually :D

And amazed at Bayern's win against HSV, 6:0.

C'mon St Pauli let's beat Stuttgart, good chance to go far from relegation zone.

Apparanetly young Mustafa Amini from my local club (CCM) is going on trial with an unknown Budesliga club. He is slightly underrated in FM IMO. I hope it is Dortmund, seeing as they already have Langerak.

Apparanetly young Mustafa Amini from my local club (CCM) is going on trial with an unknown Budesliga club. He is slightly underrated in FM IMO. I hope it is Dortmund, seeing as they already have Langerak.

I heard it was Bayern or Leverkusen ;)

so Thoughts on HSV sacking thier gaffer after they got whipped 6-0 by bayern ?

err you mean Armin Veh being sacked?

well, we'll see who's going to be the new coach after this season

Magath Sacked

Bundesliga side Schalke have sacked coach Felix Magath on Wednesday following a crisis meeting.
Although Magath helped the likes of Wolfsburg
spacer.gif
and Bayern Munich
spacer.gif
win the Bundesliga title, the 57-year-old has been under a cloud for some time with Schalke
spacer.gif
currently 10th in the table.
However, results had picked up of late with the Royal Blues
spacer.gif
seeing off Valencia
spacer.gif
to book their place in the UEFA Champions League
spacer.gif
quarter-finals while they also beat Eintracht Frankfurt
spacer.gif
2-1 at the weekend.
Speculation was rife that Magath would be sacked at the end of the campaign regardless, however, the board have acted now during Wednesday's meeting.
Good reasons

"For Schalke's point of view there are very good reasons for this separation," chairman Clemens Toennies told the club's official website.
"We will not make these public as a legal battle is now ahead of us. But we very relaxed about this process. What we have decided is a good result for Schalke."
Former Greece head coach Otto Rehhagel is the front-runner to assume control of first-team affairs having previously been linked to the post while Magath was still in charge.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/ger.1/german-bundesliga?cc=4716

Poor decision IMO.

They are poor in the league this season, but they have made it to German cup final and also quarter finals of Champion league.

Poor decision IMO.

I'm Schalke fan and I totally agree. Its the second time ever we made our way to the quarter finals of Champion league. There is no reason to sack him.

Last edited:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/_/league/ger.1/german-bundesliga?cc=4716

Poor decision IMO.

They are poor in the league this season, but they have made it to German cup final and also quarter finals of Champion league.

Schalke are a team I have always liked, despite being a follower of Hannover, I personally think it is the correct decision, with the players they have they should be challenging for the title. The talent in their squad compared to some of the sides at the top like Hannover and Mainz is ridiculous, just shows that with tactical nous and a good team work ethic these 'smaller' teams are getting results.

I'm Schalke fan and I totally agree. Its the second time ever we made our way to the quarter finals of Champion league. There is no reason to sack him.

Rumours going round that he's been found taking money on the side for transfer deals.

I agree with you. It’s the pressure of success really. The same way McLaren got sacked as Wolsberg boss because he couldn’t deliver instant success. The fact that they are going strong in Europe & finished 2nd last year should be enough for him to keep his job. It’s a tough league & perhaps things haven’t gone there way.

I’ve watched them a few times and they play good football. The fact that they have 4 Champions League spots will only make things worse.

Sad to see Magath go, with such good results in the Champ. leauge.

Who's going to be the new coach?

Will Schalke go through in champions league with the new coach? And will they win the cup? we'll see

Felix Magath is Wolfsburg coach again.

Rangnicks Schalke History - Wikipedia
After missing out on the assistant role in the German national side to Joachim Löw, Rangnick was hired by FC Schalke 04, after Jupp Heynckes left just weeks into the 2004–05 season. Rangnick again tasted European action as the club had earned a UEFA Cup spot via the Intertoto Cup. He led them through the group phase, but they exited in the knockout rounds to Shakhtar Donetsk. The DFB Cup was to prove more successful though, as Rangnick took the club to the final, where they fell 2–1 to Bayern Munich. Bayern would also pip Rangnick's side in the league as Schalke ended as runners-up.

The next season started well with Rangnick gaining revenge over former club VfB Stuttgart by beating them 1–0 to lift the Ligapokal. Their second place league finish of the previous year had also qualified them for the 2005–06 UEFA Champions League, Rangnick's first entry into the prestigious competition. However, the team would fail to progress beyond the group stage, and sat 10 points off the pace in the Bundesliga, as well as having crashed 0–6 in the DFB Cup to Eintracht Frankfurt. Shortly before the winter break, these factors forced the club to dismiss Rangnick.

Shame Schalke are in 10th place. Was really hoping they could challenge for the title. :'(

Official: Wolfsburg Appoint Felix Magath As New Head Coach

Beleaguered Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg have confirmed on their official website that they've appointed the experienced Felix Magath as their new head coach.

The Woelfe started the season with Steve McClaren as the man in charge, but the former England coach was sacked after the 1-0 loss against Hannover back in February.

Wolfsburg then appointed Pierre Littbarski as caretaker boss until the end of the season, but the former Germany international failed to get things going. The 2008-09 champions have dropped to 17th spot in the Bundesliga table and are under the threat of relegation.

Therefore, Wolfsburg were looking for a new coach and they've now found their man. The 57-year-old Magath was sacked by Schalke earlier this week, but didn't need long to find a new club.

He previously enjoyed a successful spell in charge of Wolfsburg from 2007 until 2009. He has also coached clubs such as Bayern Munich, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen and Hamburg in the past.

Magath will be presented during a press conference later on Friday.

a-wolfsburg-magath__20186040-1300406780.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.