Wales V England Preview

View attachment 127802
England boss Ian Holloway has announced his starting XI for tonight's crucial Group G clash.
The Three Lions coach has contuined to tinker with his team, as former-captain Rio Ferdiand starts for the first time under Holloway, the other players to make their first starts under Holloway are debutant Martin Kelly and Man City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Jermaine Defoe has retained his place in the side after his terrific hat-trick against Bosnia and starts upfront with Spurs teammate Peter Crouch, with Crouch keeping Bent and Zamora out of the side after impressing in a match in training yesterday.

Captain Gareth Barry and Frank Lampard start in the centre of midfield and with Gerrard still injured Holloway may revert to his 4-2-3-1 formation which he has used for the majority off his time in office.

Wales's main threat will definitely be Tottenham winger Gareth Bale with England's left back Leighton Baines will have a busy day today and will need to be on top form, Baines could also do with the help of winger Ashley Young to try and freeze Bale out of the game.

if bale left mid wont it be ur right back kelly marking him?:)
looking forward to the next update

Last edited:
if bale left mid wont it be ur right back kelly marking him?:)
looking forward to the next update

oh yer just realised that, Kelly did good and kept Bale quiet will post result tommorrow

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:51 AM ----------

Wales 1-4 England

rogerjohnsonboltonwande.jpg
We played superbly well, we dominated Wales from start to finish. In particular Roger Johnson and Ashley Young were in top form both hitting the back of the net twice. Roger Johnson netted his first 2 England goals both from corners and has a record of 4 caps and 2 goals which is absoulety outstanding for a defender. Ashley Young has been a completely different player since i took over and his 1st goal really shows that where he got the ball on the left-hand side and dribbled past the heart of Wales' midfield to score an amazing 25 yard curler. His 2nd goal rounded off a great team move from the players where we had the ball for about 5 minutes just simply passing and moving around the Welsh (we have focused on this a lot in training) before Young slotted the ball home. I would just like to say well done to Martin Kelly he handled Gareth Bale very well, he kept Bale quiet for most of the game and when Bale had to go off injured Martin was very pleased indeed.

In my post-match press conference i said:
"what a great win and i'm sure we will be praised in the media as this is the best i have seen England play for a long long time. We really have now grabbed control of our qualifying group. Never have i seen a side get dominated start to finish so much, i was a bit disappointed about concending a goal if im honest with you but there you have it.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:29 PM ----------

any suggestions for my next squad ??

Keep Martin Kelly in.
Try Wickham, Spearing and Alex Chamberlain.
Maybe Bowyer?

Keep Martin Kelly in.
Try Wickham, Spearing and Alex Chamberlain.
Maybe Bowyer?

yer Kelly did so well against Bale and even injured him so pleased with him.
Will try out Wickham, Spearing and Chamberlain in my next friendly. Bowyer mite b included in my next squad see how he goes.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:51 PM ----------

sun.jpg

Can England Win The Euros Under Holloway?
Ian-Holloway.jpg

Yet another big win for England under the guidance of new manager Ian Holloway, a 4-1 win against Wales.

You cannot ask for much more than 3 wins out of 4 in Euro 2012 qualifying with 15 goals scored in the process.

When the Bristolian was given the £2 million-a-year-job, part 1 of his job was to restore the nation's pride after the misery that England suffered at the World Cup under the management of Fabio Capello.

Part 2 of Holloway's mission is the hardest bit- to bring the trophy home. If England carry on playing like this is a real possibilty.

Yes we know we're not supposed to get carried away after so much disappointment in the past but the only point of going to the finals is to win the trophy.

The right personnel exists to do the job. The midfield double-act of Gareth Barry and Frank Lampard are finally firing on all cylinders.

They are showing that they can play together after all by dicating the play and everything is good.

And if Aston Villa winger Ashley Young can carry on his terrific form scoring 3 goals in the qualifyng campaign. Young has really taken fondly to Holloway starting all but one of his games where under Capello Young could not even get a game.

I'm sure that England will safely qualify for Euro 2012 and will get further than the usual quarter-finals and maybe even win it.

looking good, well done man
cheers mate

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:56 PM ----------

skysports.jpg

England Squad Announced to face Switzerland

article-1224518-070BBE6E000005DC-863_468x286.jpg

Bothroyd has caught the eye of Holloway this season
Magical manager Ian Holloway has yet again naming some new names in the England squad and this time it is the turn of Jack Rodwell, Chris Smalling, Jay Bothroyd and Bobby Zamora. All these new names have been called up for England's quailfer at Wembley on Saturday, Wayne Rooney also returning to the England side after 4 months out.

Alas, Peter Croch has been dropped, which is extermely harsh on the Spurs striker, who was called up for the first time under Holloway in the last game against Wales.

Sure Bothroyd is talented, but it's a slight concern that Holloway has to look outside of the top flight for forwards, but then with Rooney only just recovering from a long spell on the sidelines, Bent, Defoe and Andy Carroll are all waiting on the wings.
Squad List In Full

Goalkeepers
Ben-Foster.jpg

Foster has constantly been around Holloway's squad since he took over

Ben Foster
Joe Hart
Steve Harper

Defenders
philnevilleL_468x516.jpg

Phil Neville
Martin Kelly
Roger Johnson
Chris Smalling
Curtis Davies
Ian Evatt
Ashley Cole
Leighton Baines

Midfielders
Theo-Walcott-England-Arsenal.jpg

Walcott has forced his way back into the England set-up after some impressive performances for Arsenal

Theo Walcott
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Jack Rodwell
Jordan Henderson
Gareth Barry
David Beckham
Steven Gerrard
Ashley Young
Adam Johnson

Strikers
Wayne-Rooney-England-Slovakia-International-F_2075214.jpg

Rooney back into the England side after 4 months on the sideline

Wayne Rooney
Jay Bothroyd
Jermaine Defoe
Andy Carroll
Bobby Zamora
It's a fresh-looking squad though Tom Huddlestone would have been included if it wasn't for him breaking his arm in Tottenham's 2-0 win against Wigan yesterday.

skysports.jpg

England V Switzerland Preview

England boss Ian Holloway has kept up his tinkering not just with the players but now the formation as well.

Holloway has changed from 4-4-2 to 4-1-2--2-1 which looks to dominate the midfield as he wants England to get their revenge on Switzerland after a disappointing 1-1 draw back in September, which has ruined England's 100% record this qualifying campaign.

Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard have come back into an England side which has coped well without them. Jack Rodwell is in line to make his first England side as well as Curtis Davies making his debut.

oh my days !!! I never thought that this story wud b entered anywhere near the best story ever, cheers mate thanks for letting me now

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

would just like to ask for all my followers to vote for my story to help it become the best story ever at http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/the-best-ever-story-t63405.html

Good story mate ;) read all the way through. Hope you lose in euros and WC Though XD

bbcsport.jpg

England 2
Switzerland 0

wayne-rooney-england-andorra-world-cup-2010-q_2316353.jpg

Wayne Rooney back with a bang by opening the scoring

View attachment 131881

Wayne Rooney returned to an England side with a goal as England got their revenge on Switzerland with a comfortable 2-0 win.

It wasn't all easy for England as England had a typical Arsenal day completely dominating the match but just couldn't score. And it took England 67 minutes to break down a stubborn Switzerland side as Rooney scored with a tidy finish from a through ball from a Gareth Barry through ball.

The 2nd was from Chelsea star Frank Lampard as he scored a 30-yarder as he has frequently done for Chelsea season in season out.

Curtis Davies and Jack Rodwell were both given their England debuts with both performing well and have staked a claim to become a regular in Ian Holloway's England side. To really show England's superoity possession was 55% to 45%, England had 26 shots compared to Switzerlands 4.

Ian Holloway comment:
urrrmm.. we through about everything we 'ad at them which i weren't sure we were gunna do in the 1st half. You know, to be honest i think we looked a little bit hesitant and lost it a few times early on which we don't normaly do. Maybe it's the hangover from the players playing just 2 days ago with their clubs.

But in the 2nd half i was delighted we upped the tempo, upped the pressure and in the end we were rewarded with 2 goals. In the away game against Turkey in 4 days time, in which i will be playing the other players in my squad as i feel they are more than capable, also i don't want a load of clubs moaning at me cause one of ther players got injured.

good resault that mate always find the swiss hard to break down:)