Glad to hear. I'm not sure if it's the same in FM11 but in 10 Alex Nimely was someone that got incredibly good. But he's only young so maybe against a weaker side he could get a start. Only a suggestion though. At the beggining he plays for Man City but he usually goes on loan to Oldham i think.

Glad to hear. I'm not sure if it's the same in FM11 but in 10 Alex Nimely was someone that got incredibly good. But he's only young so maybe against a weaker side he could get a start. Only a suggestion though. At the beggining he plays for Man City but he usually goes on loan to Oldham i think.

yer will have a look at him but to be honest i've never heard of him

haha neither had i. Anyway looking forward to the future. Thanks great story so far hope it will continue to be. :)

Bosnia and Herzegovina V England preview

View attachment 124829

Gareth Barry returns to the side ahead of England's friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina tonight. Ian Holloway has been known so far during his reign as England manager for his rather bizaree squad selections and he carries on that with Man Utd youngster Ben Amos making his debut inbetween the sticks for England.

Matthew Etherington and Kyle Walker are the only other players to be making their debuts. Ian Holloway has also gone for a new formation the old 4-4-2 which England failed at under previous manager Fabio Capello. Holloway has said that he wants to see how this goes with his 2 strikers Andy Carroll and Jermaine Defoe both making their first starts under Holloway. Gary Cahill has also been re-called to the starting line-up after sitting out England's last match against France.

Bosnia and Herzegovina's main threat will come from new Man City signing Edin Dzeko but apart from that the rest of the team shouldn't cause to much of a threat.

Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-4 England

Jermain-Defoe-of-England-celebrates-scoring.jpeg

Defoe was on top form with 3 goals​

Jermain Defoe rewarded manager Ian Holloway's decision to start him for the first time in his reign as England manager so far. With Defoe scoring a hatrick and has really fired hs way into England's next squad for the qualifer away at Wales later this month, and most likely a guaranteed starter with Wayne Rooney out for another 2 months.

Defoe's 1st was a cheeky little chip over the goalkeeper to break the deadlock on 11mins, his 2nd was not as pretty with a massive goal mouth scramble which resulted in Defoe throwing his head to the ball. After an own goal by Bosnia's defender Darko Milicevic, Defoe got right back into his stride after half time and smashed in a terrific volley.

Leighton Baines, Frank Lampard and Gary Cahill were the other stand out players from tonights performance,Tottenham's Kyle Walker and Stoke's Matthew Etherington both had solid debuts. The only bad points of the game were injures to debutant Kyle Walker and Villa's Gabby Agbonlahor, everyone will be more eager than ever to see who makes Holloway's squad for England's next qualifying game against Wales.

Last edited:
good result in a tricky away tie, this has to be up there as one of if not the best story around atm

just read it all looks great mate hope it continues and i think you should play some championship/league 1 players in friendlies just to give them a go

(like cappelo did with jay bothroyd)

just read it all looks great mate hope it continues and i think you should play some championship/league 1 players in friendlies just to give them a go

(like cappelo did with jay bothroyd)

cheers yer i could play players like Bothroyd, Chopra or Jonny Howson

View attachment 127356
England squad to face Wales announced

England and Wales will face off and prepare for battle in Cardiffs Millenium stadium next Thursday. England got back on track after their 4-2 win against Bosnia last month and Holloway has said that he thinks he is 99% sure of his best 11 but will be unable to field his strongest side as Gary Cahill was ruled out for the season with knee ligament damage in Fulham's match at the weekend. Gerrard, Huddlestone, Wilshere and Kyle Walker will defintley miss out as Holloway has to tinker with his side yet again.

Squad list in full:
Goalkeepers
View attachment 127361
Joe Hart
Robert Green
Alex Smithies

Defenders
View attachment 127362
Martin Kelly
Phil Neville
Ian Evatt
Roger Johnson
Rio Ferdiand
Chris Smalling
Leighton Baines
Joe Mattock

Midfielders
View attachment 127386
James Milner
Gareth Barry
Frank Lampard
Scott Parker
David Beckham
Jack Rodwell
Michael Carrick
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Ashley Young
Stewart Downing
Matthew Etherington

Strikers
View attachment 127389
Darren Bent
Jermaine Defoe
Peter Crouch
Bobby Zamora

shud i stick with the 4-4-2 i played against Bosnia where Defoe got a hatrick or stick to the 4-2-3-1 ive been playing in all but one of my games ??

looking at the squad i would go with 442 but its up to you,

also the updates allways look so professional, well done man