The Carlos Tevez thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 205
  • Views Views 18K

My opinion on Tevez..

• Total voters
If he is banned from football, epic lols will be had. Can't think of anyone who deserves it more. Maybe Diouf.

Tevez = Cassano :P

Free agent for Fm12 maybe? nice! I would still sign him even though he is lord douche bag of the douche kingdom

[video=youtube;OxspfInbLV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxspfInbLV8[/video]

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

That mistake was enough for me :S

one mistake - ban from football?
Kinda harsh no?

But about the Tevez thing, A complete ban from football would be harsh. You dont get a ban from football unless you do drugs or commit a crime. Saying "no" to a manager isn't as bad as that. Disrespectful and stupid, but not a thing worthy of a global ban from football. A rather hefty fine, contract ripped up, and not allowed to play for any major competitions for a while would be nice suitable.
But that's all my opinion.

(Also lets not forget, Man City still have to do a full investigation. Not that I'm defending him, but I'd rather know all the facts first.)

You forget one thing. England keepers are prone to mistakes at times, but we need them. However, we don't need Carlos Tevez. Massive difference

Well even if we did need Tevez, We wouldn't be able to play him. He's Argentinian. ;)

Well even if we did need Tevez, We wouldn't be able to play him. He's Argentinian. ;)

Knew I'd get pulled over that lol (however i have excuse for not putting point across properly due to no sleep lol). But it is true tbh. Don't need players like Tevez in this country when footballers already get a bad press sometimes. This just amplifies the negativity of peoples opinions

Knew I'd get pulled over that lol (however i have excuse for not putting point across properly due to no sleep lol). But it is true tbh. Don't need players like Tevez in this country when footballers already get a bad press sometimes. This just amplifies the negativity of peoples opinions

I agree. Specially considering the Premier League is arguable the best league in the world. Cant have players thinking they can get away with doing whatever they want here. Would be bad for England's reputation and cost us money in the long run.

I'm presuming Tevez has breached his contract. City should just tear up his contract and keep his player's license. No money and not able to play.

Why the actual **** are you talking about English goalkeepers?

Sam, stop with the **** jokes, if you can even call them that.

Deleted a lot of posts, now keep it on topic.

[h=1]Carlos Tevez suspended and fined £500,000 by Manchester City[/h] • Tevez suspended for a fortnight following incident at Bayern
• Striker loses two weeks' wages as City back Roberto Mancini

• Daniel Taylor
  • guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 28 September 2011 21.06 BST
  • Article history
    Carlos-Tevez-claims-he-di-007.jpg

Carlos Tevez, centre, claims he did not refuse to come off the bench for Manchester City at Bayern Munich. Photograph: Alexander Hassenstein/Bongarts/Getty Images

Carlos Tevez has been suspended by Manchester City for two weeks after
    Roberto Mancini made it clear to the chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, the
    player has no way back following his apparent refusal to take part in their
    Champions League tie at Bayern Munich.

A furious Mancini told Tevez to "go back to Argentina" during their
    dressing-room confrontation in Munich and followed that by making an
    official complaint to the club's human resources department on his return to Manchester on Wednesday.

"Manchester City can confirm that striker Carlos Tevez has been suspended until further notice for a maximum period of two weeks," the club said. "The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct during Tuesday evening's 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich. The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training whilst the review is under way."

The club's lawyers are now scrutinising Tevez's contract to determine what action they can take and, specifically, whether he was guilty of gross misconduct by refusing to come on as a second-half substitute in the Allianz Arena. Tevez, in a remarkable change of direction, now denies this, blaming it on a "misunderstanding" presented by language issues.

The process will take up to a week, with City acutely aware of the
    importance of going through the appropriate channels to cover the club
    should the dispute develop into a legal battle. They are so determined to
    present a watertight case they intend to interview everyone who was in
    City's dugout when the controversy flared up.

Tevez may be required to attend a formal disciplinary hearing and will
    almost certainly be fined two weeks' wages, the maximum amount permitted by Professional Footballers' Association guidelines. As the highest earner both at the club and in the Premier League, that amounts to £500,000, the biggest fine ever meted out to a player in English football.

He was informed of the suspension in a letter stating the disciplinary
    process would take "up to seven days" and that he would have the "full
    opportunity to explain his side".

Tevez had issued a statement through his advisers earlier in the day
    apologising to the club's supporters but denying he had refused to play,
    blaming "confusion on the bench". However, that line of argument is badly
    undermined by his interview directly after the match, when he admitted going against his manager. His new version of events has been ridiculed behind the scenes at the Etihad Arena, where there is the sense of compelling evidence in Mancini's favour.

City have already compiled a dossier of Tevez's previous misdemeanours and are keeping all possibilities open as they contemplate what to do with a player who would ordinarily be valued as one of the club's main assets. The top-end option is to terminate his contract and launch legal action. High-level sources at the Premier League believe Tevez is "sackable" and Jim Boyce, the vice-president of Fifa, has said his organisation would then investigate imposing a worldwide ban on the Argentinian.
    "If he has done what has been said, and it appears there is no doubt about it, I think his club would be better off with him not being part of it," Boyce said.

"If Manchester City prove it, write to Fifa and state the exact circumstances, I believe Fifa should have the power, as they do for drugs-related cases and other cases, to ban the player from taking an active part in football. I would have no problem with that whatsoever. It hasn't occurred before, but I think what happened [with Tevez] was despicable."

Mancini spent a long part of the day discussing the matter with al-Mubarak and asked for a suspension to be invoked that would mean Tevez was not allowed at the stadium or the training ground. The players were on a day off but report for duty on Thursday. Mancini has told al-Mubarak he will not accept Tevez being involved in first-team sessions.
    The most likely outcome is that Tevez will be sold for a cut-price fee in the January transfer window. Until then, however, Mancini will push for him to continue to be left in isolation.

That's a good amount. Am amount that will actually mean something to the player. Now just find a reason to do it every two weeks and you're sorted.

its only 2 weeks wages guys :) he should have got a £1m fine at least. What a doos

That's a good amount. Am amount that will actually mean something to the player. Now just find a reason to do it every two weeks and you're sorted.

The maximum they are allowed to give under the rules. City are playing it totally by the book, so that nothing can undermine their case, when they eventually go for the throat

They can fine him justly and he can pay it... pretty much enough said

The real fault here is the man management of the coach and a massive misunderstanding, Teves is a wonderful player, still IMO the best forward around... he has been a model professional with Corintians, W Ham and Man U... he has just been played to long and feels highly abused... where his actions right? No where they understandable under the circumstances i believe so..

They can fine him justly and he can pay it... pretty much enough said

The real fault here is the man management of the coach and a massive misunderstanding, Teves is a wonderful player, still IMO the best forward around... he has been a model professional with Corintians, W Ham and Man U... he has just been played to long and feels highly abused... where his actions right? No where they understandable under the circumstances i believe so..

what are you talking about? he wasnt a model pro at any of those clubs! He has never been abused. There is no misunderstanding here, he refused to play under contract, thats unacceptable. The fine is only the beginning

Back