The Celtic Match Thread

Oh dear, after all the ***** he's had to put up with over the past two years, still getting ignorant people making comments on the man.

He's had to put up with a **** of a lot, doesnt excuse some of his behaviour at all though.

He's had to put up with a **** of a lot, doesnt excuse some of his behaviour at all though.

Every manager says things, to defend their team, right or wrong. If we were talking about Wenger (the guy who said it was a gooner), then we'd be here all day long.

I don't think many other managers would have reacted well yesterday, after being told he can't even sit in the stands for the opposition fans literally wanting to kill him or cause mayhem.

Every manager says things, to defend their team, right or wrong. If we were talking about Wenger (the guy who said it was a gooner), then we'd be here all day long.

I don't think many other managers would have reacted well yesterday, after being told he can't even sit in the stands for the opposition fans literally wanting to kill him or cause mayhem.

They do, and they are still allowed to be criticised for it. A long list of things i could criticise SAF over, for example. Bu regardless of the **** he's been through, he does not make himself likeable at all. Bit like Dalglish at the moment actually.

They do, and they are still allowed to be criticised for it. A long list of things i could criticise SAF over, for example. Bu regardless of the **** he's been through, he does not make himself likeable at all. Bit like Dalglish at the moment actually.

Surly you can understand the mans frustration?

He gets sent off without an explanation, told he isnt allowed to watch the game from the stands because some animals might react, 2 questionable red cards and a offside goal. I didnt want to bring this up but the ref had a shocker. Why is he not allowed to say this?

After it all he wants a word with the Murray to try and discuss his reasoning behind some of those decisions, he is told he can talk to him in 20mins. When the 20mins pass he is told he cant talk to him now? What is going on there?

I would just like to add that I hate Ally McCiost with a passion! But yesterday he handled himself very well, shaking the hand of our plays whilst they left and congratulating them was a nice gesture and he admitted post match that some decisions where questionable to say the least.

Yeah could have been worse, Sammy played his heart out.

Was thinking maybe the last two results and the performances weren't great because Lennon's been in court all week long. Can't have had as much time training with the team, and must've been pretty stressful. Was glad to hear the fans singing theres only one Neil Lennon even when we were getting beaten.

fans were amazing, after rangers done the huddle the celtic fans showed them up and outsang them for the rest of the game, even at 3-0

I, personally, didn't watch the match [don't have Sky [which I believe it was on] and I never watch on a stream] but well done to Rangers on getting a result that they need. Celtic came close but it wasn't to be.

Also, question. Anyone know why Cha Du-Ri was starting instead of, say, Mark Wilson or Adam Matthews? Not been keeping up with team news. That and never really rated Cha that highly myself.

Adam Matthews played left back as Emilio Izaguirre isn't fully fit, and Mark Wilson hasn't been in the first team picture since his injury for some reason - he almost left on loan in January. Would have preferred Wilson to Cha any day

I, personally, didn't watch the match [don't have Sky [which I believe it was on] and I never watch on a stream] but well done to Rangers on getting a result that they need. Celtic came close but it wasn't to be.

Also, question. Anyone know why Cha Du-Ri was starting instead of, say, Mark Wilson or Adam Matthews? Not been keeping up with team news. That and never really rated Cha that highly myself.

They got rid of Mark Wilson, think he's at Leeds United.

I really hate Neil Lennon. Always cheated,never defeated. They go on a 18 game? winning run, not a peep then lose two games by fair decisions and he starts bringing the game into disrepute, AGAIN!

He always blames someone else when Celtic fail, it's never his fault. A good manager has to take it on the chin sometimes.

I can understand why he was advised not to sit in the stands, it's just the harsh reality of the situation. He clearly did someone that merited being sent off. (his usual) What difference does it make where he watches the rest of the match?

Wouldn't mind him so much if he would learn some humility.

I really hate Neil Lennon. Always cheated,never defeated. They go on a 18 game? winning run, not a peep then lose two games by fair decisions and he starts bringing the game into disrepute, AGAIN!

He always blames someone else when Celtic fail, it's never his fault. A good manager has to take it on the chin sometimes.

I can understand why he was advised not to sit in the stands, it's just the harsh reality of the situation. He clearly did someone that merited being sent off. (his usual) What difference does it make where he watches the rest of the match?

It must be really bad when it's the clubs own security staff that advised him no to go there.

I'm surprised everyone is so outraged by a man who can't take defeat well, tonnes of managers act like this every time they lose: King Kenny, AVB, Wenger (especially him), Mourinho... I'll admit I haven't enjoyed watching Lennon's excuses this week. But I find it a bigger problem that everyone can accept with no issue, that a man can't even sit in stands for a football game due to who he is, what his faith is, for fear of him being killed? Why has no one made a huge deal about this, again, but focus on the less serious issue of not liking his personality?

The fact of the matter is many people in the west of scotland hate him for a very different reason and he is the total embodiment of that reason: and the worst thing is no one does anything serious to change it, they just accept it as a harsh reality. The fact that this behaviour is allowed in Scotland (haven't heard a word on that investigation into the awful singing at Killie- Rangers game) and even encouraged to a certain extent with tales of paranoia and prominent figures allowed to get away with the awful behaviour themselves (all celtic fans and NL are all just paranoid, walter smith and craig brown admitted to singing sectarian songs) is ridiculous, and wouldn't be allowed elsewhere.

I'm surprised everyone is so outraged by a man who can't take defeat well, tonnes of managers act like this every time they lose: King Kenny, AVB, Wenger (especially him), Mourinho... I'll admit I haven't enjoyed watching Lennon's excuses this week. But I find it a bigger problem that everyone can accept with no issue, that a man can't even sit in stands for a football game due to who he is, what his faith is, for fear of him being killed? Why has no one made a huge deal about this, again, but focus on the less serious issue of not liking his personality?

The fact of the matter is many people in the west of scotland hate him for a very different reason and he is the total embodiment of that reason: and the worst thing is no one does anything serious to change it, they just accept it as a harsh reality. The fact that this behaviour is allowed in Scotland (haven't heard a word on that investigation into the awful singing at Killie- Rangers game) and even encouraged to a certain extent with tales of paranoia and prominent figures allowed to get away with the awful behaviour themselves (all celtic fans and NL are all just paranoid, walter smith and craig brown admitted to singing sectarian songs) is ridiculous, and wouldn't be allowed elsewhere.

I dislike him for very different reasons, which Kris alludes too. Very much like Dalglish this year (a man i formerly admired a lot).

I dislike him for very different reasons, which Kris alludes too. Very much like Dalglish this year (a man i formerly admired a lot).

I understand when people who aren't bigoted dislike the guy. Thats absolutely fine with me, your entitled to your opinion.

Whats not fine is that Scotland, and a lot of Scottish people are not doing enough about a serious problem, and often seek the excuse of him being unlikeable as an excuse for their bigotry. I find the focus on him as a person, detracts largely from the deeper problem. (Above)

The two games we lost were a cup final and a derby game that would've went down in history if we won. We were wrongly denied a penalty in the final minutes of the cup final. The referee's performance yesterday was embarrassing and every decision went, most of them wrongly, Rangers' way. There is no manager in the world who would not question the performance of the referee in the derby especially.

The difference between Lennon in the stand and in the media room is that he had to watch the match on television and his decisions took minutes rather than seconds to filter through to the team, which is considerable if you think about it. He's gave his side of the story already, if you want to believe the SFA, feel free. Not like they've lied before is it?

I understand when people who aren't bigoted dislike the guy. Thats absolutely fine with me, your entitled to your opinion.

Whats not fine is that Scotland, and a lot of Scottish people are not doing enough about a serious problem, and often seek the excuse of him being unlikeable as an excuse for their bigotry. I find the focus on him as a person, detracts largely from the deeper problem. (Above)

I understand that, but it goes both ways. Lots of Celtic fans seem to think he gets done only because of bigotry. Neutral's will tell you, actually he is in the wrong a good amount of the time. There is no use in both sides being one eyed over the matter.