The Celtic Match Thread

The two games we lost were a cup final and a derby game that would've went down in history if we won. We were wrongly denied a penalty in the final minutes of the cup final. The referee's performance yesterday was embarrassing and every decision went, most of them wrongly, Rangers' way. There is no manager in the world who would not question the performance of the referee in the derby especially.

The difference between Lennon in the stand and in the media room is that he had to watch the match on television and his decisions took minutes rather than seconds to filter through to the team, which is considerable if you think about it. He's gave his side of the story already, if you want to believe the SFA, feel free. Not like they've lied before is it?

Clearly not familiar with the rules of the game.

1. Stokes dived, he was on his way before Nelson went to tackle him.
2. Cha? committed a processional foul. It was soft but rules are rules.
3. Dangerous play. Hasn't been allowed for a few years now. The rules are clear, straight red.

Celtic did have a few decisions go against them against Rangers but I don't know how you can debate the sending offs.

I'm surprised everyone is so outraged by a man who can't take defeat well, tonnes of managers act like this every time they lose: King Kenny, AVB, Wenger (especially him), Mourinho... I'll admit I haven't enjoyed watching Lennon's excuses this week. But I find it a bigger problem that everyone can accept with no issue, that a man can't even sit in stands for a football game due to who he is, what his faith is, for fear of him being killed? Why has no one made a huge deal about this, again, but focus on the less serious issue of not liking his personality?

The fact of the matter is many people in the west of scotland hate him for a very different reason and he is the total embodiment of that reason: and the worst thing is no one does anything serious to change it, they just accept it as a harsh reality. The fact that this behaviour is allowed in Scotland (haven't heard a word on that investigation into the awful singing at Killie- Rangers game) and even encouraged to a certain extent with tales of paranoia and prominent figures allowed to get away with the awful behaviour themselves (all celtic fans and NL are all just paranoid, walter smith and craig brown admitted to singing sectarian songs) is ridiculous, and wouldn't be allowed elsewhere.

What difference does it make where he goes, he can't interfere with decisions once he has been sent off, that's the point. It was for safety reasons. If people are crazy enough to post him letter bombs then some idiot might be willing to through themselves or an object at him in the stands. It's **** but it's the situation.

If Lennon went to the stand and something happened, someone would have had to answer for that too.

I can understand why he was advised not to sit in the stands, it's just the harsh reality of the situation. He clearly did someone that merited being sent off. (his usual)
Then why cant the ref sit down and talk with him after the match? Is he afraid of having to do a Dougie to explain his actions? Lennon has witness that can confirm that he wasne aggressive.

What difference does it make where he watches the rest of the match?
Its more to do with the fact that sectarian scum prevent our manager from receiving the same treatment as other managers would just because of his religion.

3. Dangerous play. Hasn't been allowed for a few years now. The rules are clear, straight red.

Celtic did have a few decisions go against them against Rangers but I don't know how you can debate the sending offs.

If Stokes dived then so did Wallace. Both could have stayed up but didnt and both where touched. You cant have it both ways. I also feel that Wanyama wasnt going in dangerously at all. He was always in control and getting the ball. Whittaker on the other hand stamped down on Victor when he went under him, which I consider dangerous.

Celtic can, and have, debate a sending off.

Wallace was also offside when he took the initial shot for Littles goal. The same linesman ruled Stokes offside when he was at least 2yards on. Sameras also got manhandled all game and Scott Brown got his head split open by McTHUGoch right in front of the ref without even getting a warning.

People giving Lennon stick for complaining about the officials should listen to opposition manager Ally McCiost who said he would not be happy if those decisions had been against him.

League Cup Final was a penalty, you're lying or blind if you don't think so. Stokes had an open goal, why would he dive? https://twitter.com/#!/PThom88/status/182519202173812736/photo/1

Cha did not foul Wallace. He put his hand on his shoulder for a second. Is football a non contact sport?
Wallace was going away from goal, Mulgrew was covering and Wallace wouldn't have reached the ball - if the referee makes a mistake (which obviously can happen occasionally) and gives a foul, it's not a sending off
Whittaker not booked for pulling Izaguirre off the ball then wrestling to him to the ground. Whittaker warned for wrestling Joe Ledley in the box - which shows the referee seen it and didn't give a foul. But Cha can't put his hand on someones shoulder for a second?
Stokes wrongly ruled offside when through on goal
Papac challenge on Samaras infront of referee & linesman not even a foul when nowhere near ball
Samaras pulled back in the box similar to Wallace, nothing given
Whittaker unpunished for his part in the challenge Wanyama got sent off for. No complaints about second sending off, Wanyama was silly
Andrew Little offside for second goal
McElbows forearm into Scott Brown's head unpunished
Referee plays 3 minutes 50 seconds of 4 minutes minimum added time during which Allan McGregor took a minute to take a goal kick, Celtic scored (+30 seconds minimum) and Celtic made a substitution
Lennon sent off questionably
Lennon told to wait for 20 minutes after full time to speak to the referee, then told that the referee wouldn't speak to him

Neil Lennon has every right to question the referee's performance in the derby and decision in the final. I'm not giving it the conspiracy act either, Rangers deserved the win, played better and wanted it more. I just don't see how you can have a go at Lennon for questioning the referee's performance when you would do it yourself if it was the other way.

The sendings off were pretty fair.

Not even going to argue with you, pointless. If two feet are off the ground, it's deemed dangerous, even if he did win the ball and wasn't trying to hurt the man.

You can tell from the posted picture that Stokes is on his way down. Nice 'non conspiracy theory/bitter' tweeter there too.

the fact that you have a list of 'wrongs' is pretty sad.

Also, I'm not picking on Neil Lennon, I dislike that about a lot of managers but I will vent those frustrations on the Arsenal thead etc

So things are debatable because yous said so?

Stokes is standing up straight as opposed to Wallace who fell forward even though he was being "pulled" back. You really can not say Stokes dived if you are saying Cha fouled Wallace.

Its pretty sad that the list of wrongs exist because no team should be subject to that amount of decisions against them.

People have been blaming Lennon is the wrong for criticise the officials when he was 100% right. Even his Ally who benefited from the decisions said they where wrong.

To be honest I'd be more embarassed by the whole debacle that has taken place in football. It's bad enough that English football is going through the duldrums, but when it's deemed unsafe for a clubs own manager, bythe clubs own security staff, to sit in the stands it just sums up whats wrong with football not just in Scotland-but the UK

Last edited:
What difference does it make where he goes, he can't interfere with decisions once he has been sent off, that's the point. It was for safety reasons. If people are crazy enough to post him letter bombs then some idiot might be willing to through themselves or an object at him in the stands. It's **** but it's the situation.

If Lennon went to the stand and something happened, someone would have had to answer for that too.

Firstly thats not the point, your right no one cares where he watches the game, thats not the point I was making. The point is the way that Scotland accepts sectarianism as a natural evil is wrong.

Its not just **** and the situation: people need to be prosecuted for there disgusting beliefs the same way that racism has been treated in the UK. Stop all this singing the billy boys and the sash, stop the orange walks, stop the lot. Accepting it like everyone does atm, is not on.

Firstly thats not the point, your right no one cares where he watches the game, thats not the point I was making. The point is the way that Scotland accepts sectarianism as a natural evil is wrong.

Its not just **** and the situation: people need to be prosecuted for there disgusting beliefs the same way that racism has been treated in the UK. Stop all this singing the billy boys and the sash, stop the orange walks, stop the lot. Accepting it like everyone does atm, is not on.

Problem is, you stop the orange walks, you'll get the utter morons who'll take it a step further and find a way to bring it into everyones lives-including sport. Bottom line is, football is a sport for everyone. But sadly when you say everyone, it includes the scum element too. It's sad, but it's true. But those elements have no place in the human gene pool. Religion has no place whatsoever in sport. It should be about pure enjoyment from everyone without the threat, of intimidation, or abuse from some subhuman outcast-regardless of what they believe in. It's not some arena for religious beliefs.

Last edited:

Again you make out like it's a one sided problem, Shocker.

Problem is, you stop the orange walks, you'll get the utter morons who'll take it a step further and find a way to bring it into everyones lives-including sport. Bottom line is, football is a sport for everyone. But sadly when you say everyone, it includes the scum element too. It's sad, but it's true. But those elements have no place in the human gene pool. Religion has no place whatsoever in sport. It should be about pure enjoyment from everyone without the threat, of intimidation, or abuse from some subhuman outcast-regardless of what they believe in. It's not some arena for religious beliefs.

I agree mate, but Scotlands establishment needs to do a lot more to change things.

They already do bring it into sport (the orange walks i mean) when they sing the sash and the billy boys every weekend. I heard they are (FINALLY) stopping the orange walks in Scotland soon so thats a good start.

If they want to get rid of sectarian singing from grounds, they should follow Celtics example: if anyone is caught singing any IRA rebel songs at Celtic Park, you get a lifetime ban and get kicked out straight away. Not the case with clubs such as Rangers and Killie, and many others who sing their sectarian songs.

The SFA and the police need to punish these clubs something that they don't do, For example the level of sectarian singing at the Rangers- Killie game (when rangers went into administration) was unbelievable. Nothing has been said since.

Same in the SFA theres too much bias, lets not forget that the head of the Scotish referees Dallas got caught for being biased towards Rangers and sacked not long ago.

If Scotland doesn't want to be accused of biased and bigotry then it needs to act with accordance.

Making it out as a one sided problem is blinkered, foolish and short sighted, and will never see the problem sorted. As long as both sides keep one eyed, everyone remains blind to the situation.

You're comparing a few banned IRA songs with racism, sectarianism, bigotry and violence?

You're comparing a few banned IRA songs with racism, sectarianism, bigotry and violence?

I've seen the bigotry come from both sides. One user on here, Shay Given, was a particularly disgusting bigot, and he was a Celtic supporter. If you are going to say that Celtic are purely victims, then i refer you to my above post

Last edited:
I've seen the bigotry come from both sides. One user on here, Shay Given, was a particularly disgusting bigot, and he was a Celtic supporter. If you are going to say that Celtic are purely victims, then i refer you to my above post

Every team in the world has bigots, idiots, scum and whatever supporting them. Celtic are no different but these people are a minority and no larger a percentage of our support than a team such as Manchester United or Arsenal. A large percentage of Rangers fans sing racist, sectarian songs and the club itself did not sign a Catholic for over 100 years. There was boycotts and protests from the support when Rangers finally signed a Catholic. Celtic are guilty by association and ignorance.

Every team in the world has bigots, idiots, scum and whatever supporting them. Celtic are no different but these people are a minority and no larger a percentage of our support than a team such as Manchester United or Arsenal. A large percentage of Rangers fans sing racist, sectarian songs and the club itself did not sign a Catholic for over 100 years. There was boycotts and protests from the support when Rangers finally signed a Catholic. Celtic are guilty by association and ignorance.

You are not guilty by association. That is one sided nonsense. Both sides have contributed to this, it will take acknowledgement from both sides if there is ever a chance to go forward. **** the first thing you did was deflected bring Rangers into it. But hey if you want to continue with that way things are by not realising that, go ahead. No skin off my nose. But don't fob me off with the "Celtic are guilty by association" spiel. Been watching long enough to know that isnt the case. I'm out of this.

You are not guilty by association. That is one sided nonsense. Both sides have contributed to this, it will take acknowledgement from both sides if there is ever a chance to go forward. **** the first thing you did was deflected bring Rangers into it. But hey if you want to continue with that way things are by not realising that, go ahead. No skin off my nose. But don't fob me off with the "Celtic are guilty by association" spiel. Been watching long enough to know that isnt the case. I'm out of this.

Are you saying we have a sectarianism problem or what, I really don't understand how you could be informed in the subject and still think one is as bad as the other