The Champions League Discussion Thread

Yeah well, Enrique was always *****. It's just that modern teams have amassed so much talent you can be ***** and still win Champions Cup.

Emery copied Jupp heynckes' blueprint of 4 years ago down to the letter.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Is the French League a little underrated? Should it get more respect? It divides opinion, an example, even though many rate someone like say Lacazette, he still somehow (not sure how) has a lot of reserved judgement out there, with the old lazy "Ah but the French league is only micky mouse" garbage. Even when Ibra was announced to come the PL, there were plenty saying it's a different ball game, he won't have it all his own way, etc... but he's carried on as he was doing in the France, and if he was a little more ruthless in parts this season, he'd be quite a few goals clear in the race for the Golden Boot.

Ok, maybe their bottom half teams aren't quite as good as those in the PL (which I wouldn't be too sure about anymore), but as we've seen in Europe lately with PSG absolutely destroying Barca, Monaco coming and scoring 3 away goals in an absolute cracker, and St Etienne giving a terrific account of themselves at Old Trafford against a team with a far superior squad (Still think 3-0 was a tad harsh scoreline on them).... so, is the level of the league vastly improving?

More

According to Salzburger Nachrichten, UEFA won't accept more than one 'Red-Bull' club in UCL. Either RB Leipzig or RB Salzburg will be banned

C5RJCQoWQAAX0_s.jpg

can see this going to court

I see Suarez bought a legit penalty there /s

Wank officiating or not what a mental game of football cannot believe what I have just witnessed

Yeah away goal rule makes it pretty much impossible to turn around a 4:0 loss if second tie is at home. They'd need to score 5, realistically even 6, to have a comfortable lead, while keeping PS attack quiet. Bar something crazy happening like an early red card, there's no chance.

Can't believe I switched over to the City game for the last 10-15 minutes

Wait what. I stopped watching after Cavani scored. Holy balls.