The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Really hope Atletico win this, would be another great victory for football, just like Leicester winning BPL this season.

..wouldn't compare it to that like. That's a bit of an insult to Atletico.

Like I said on another thread feel really bad for Atletico. Under Simeone they have terrific spirit and some very good players. But I think they will always be the nearly team in the biggest comps. They simply don't have the resources of the biggest teams in Europe. Yes there scouting is great but you can't keep expecting to win things blooding and playing so many young talents each season.

Also, **** Real. They had easiest route to the final I've seen in years, while Atletico busted out Bayern and Barca.

Atletico Madrid played so good yesterday. Last 10-20 minutes Bayern tried so hard to get ball to the box, they just could not do it. Very good defense like always, they are now 20 cs in 25 home games in all competition. Atatcking could used more compouser and finishing but they where bigger threat all the time.

What happened to city?
Celtic character was just too good?

They hustled well but we gifted them all 3 goals. First offside, second a deflected og, and 3rd a clanger from Kolorov. We werent great and they pressed fast and first, the longer it went the better we looked.

City aren't gonna win much imo with Bravo and Stones trying to play out from the back all the time. Should easily be 3-0 down by now bar poor finishing.

3-0 Messi magic. God knows why pep didn't start Aguero. Especially with no Pique and Alba for nearly the whole game.

4-0 Neymar making Stones and Otamendi look silly. This will hurt City mentally. All bar 1 goal has came from playing out from the back.

Pep will be frustrated. The plan was right the execution was shocking. And the omission of Aguero

The ratio of mistakes to goals already for this team is staggering. (in the cl, at least).

All of them turned into goals by Celtic, and Barcelona (to be expected by that forward line though, dayyym). 105ish goals already in 2016?? **** me.

Back