The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
The ratio of mistakes to goals already for this team is staggering. (in the cl, at least).

All of them turned into goals by Celtic, and Barcelona (to be expected by that forward line though, dayyym). 105ish goals already in 2016?? **** me.
Wow didn't realise it was that many. I expect that to continue tbh. Pep needs to sort his defence out personal wise. Plus this style won't work in the Prem imo.

Wow didn't realise it was that many. I expect that to continue tbh. Pep needs to sort his defence out personal wise. Plus this style won't work in the Prem imo.

New fullbacks are a must and cutting out individual mistakes, the style will be fine in the prem as long as they know when to not try and walk it in.

High line is great but the compacted space and no if players in the opposite half, makes it look like every first touch has to be perfect or if immediately in someone's space. I expect them to improve theyve only been at it 3 months so far. Top of the league, 2nd in the group. Meh could be worse. Lol

New fullbacks are a must and cutting out individual mistakes, the style will be fine in the prem as long as they know when to not try and walk it in.

High line is great but the compacted space and no if players in the opposite half, makes it look like every first touch has to be perfect or if immediately in someone's space. I expect them to improve theyve only been at it 3 months so far. Top of the league, 2nd in the group. Meh could be worse. Lol
Yeah FBs are shocking TBH. I know Pep said he won't change how he plays, but if that's the case I can see Bravo and Stones costing you a lot of points. Still not sure about your CM area either.

Yeah FBs are shocking TBH. I know Pep said he won't change how he plays, but if that's the case I can see Bravo and Stones costing you a lot of points. Still not sure about your CM area either.

Stones and bravo will look great while kolorov is on the pitch. Bah he's still finding the balance in Cm I think, he's gonna have to make the call on Silva or kdb, gundo or dinho all 4 just don't go for me. Not against the top teams at least.

There's two things I wish to comment here about this match:

- The first goal by Messi. He's done something I keep saying would make a striker go way above in results: When he arrives to the ball, most players (and public) would go "wooo, in front of goal, easy chance, just shoot now!". With a goalkeeper in front that makes for a chance that is somewhere from okay to poor. If he had shot there, Bravo would've parried it (it's what he tried, expecting Messi to shoot), but instead Messi did one of the two best choices when one has the ball near goal and the keeper is still ahead: dribble the keeper. The other choice is to look for a pass.

- The second is to ask what do the commentators smoke. When Bravo made the handball one of them said "Bravo had no choice". WTF, man? He had the perfect choice to let it pass and hope for the defender to get to the ball before it got to goal (in fact, I think that would've happened as I think that lob was not fast enough to get into goal before being intercepted) or simply letting it pass accepting the goal, with the thought it'd be better level the match with eleven players from two goals down than come back from one goal down with only ten players. On top of the mere fact that, even if City couldn't hope to come back in this match, this is a league phase and it was better to bet on keeping the 2-0 with eleven men, then hope for some surprising result in the second leg than to risk the likely, and turned real, thrashing that makes that possibility to get ahead of Barcelona if they are tied in points completely null. Had it been the second leg in a play off or the final and then sure, I'd understand in the moment you can think it's better to hope a lucky equalizer one man down than two goals down, when having that poor match.

Prob our strongest lineup and formation on paper, minus Bravo and Kompany,

EDIT: CLICHY / SAGNA should be in.. **** the other both having nightmate games to often now... ******.

14910395_10157801456795455_1314389620762445155_n.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know why spurs are playing at Wembley?

What's happened with Bayern the last couple of months. Look nervous and like there gonna concede from most attacks.

I think Monaco have a real chance actually, their attack has been sensational and City's defence awful so it will be interesting to say the least. I'd also love to see Napoli take down Real Madrid

PSG ripping Barca a new one! Look fantastic. Di Maria and Verratti and Draxler have been world class. Messi, Neymar, Suarez invisible.

This is an awful stuffing for Barcelona.
Draxler has been fantastic.

Back