The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
It seems Schalke are getting underestimated despite the fact they have the 2 deadliest finishers in the world.
Yeah, it's true. And it's sad to see them getting underestimated, the same way they got underestimated against Valencia, Lyon, Benfica. I hope they go through, it would be lovely to see Raul or Huntelaar scoring, or Farfan / Jurado / Gavranovic

Tottenham, Chelsea, Shakhtar and Schalke to win. The final will be Schalke vs Shakhtar.

I think we have a Clasico Semifinal on our hands <)

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Barcelona vs Shaktar Donetstk
Schalke vs Inter Milan
Manchester United vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Took Madrid long enough, but they'll capitulate anyways, I think Mou's magic is running thin. :D

Aghhh got em all right except should have switched Chelsea for Spurs

I told you guys that CR7 will return to england and teach Gareth Bale some new tricks! And i was right!

Still gutted that Barcelona got the easiest opponent. And Real and Tottenham...whoever goes trough, will find it hard to get to the final :((((((

I told you guys that CR7 will return to england and teach Gareth Bale some new tricks! And i was right!

Still gutted that Barcelona got the easiest opponent. And Real and Tottenham...whoever goes trough, will find it hard to get to the final :((((((

No matter what anyone says about Shaktar, they still lost 5-1 to Arsenal, and no one remaining in the competition has lost by more than 3 goals (Inter was the biggest loser, capitulating 3-0 to Werder Bremen)

Shame, I was really hopeful for Barcelona.

That being said, Real Madrid were my second favourites, so I'm still relatively happy with it.

Tough ask, but it'll be amazing seeing Tottenham in the Bernabeu.

I know this is very very premature, but imagine

Manchester United V Real Madrid final.

Sir Alex handing over the torch to Jose.

Nani taking the tag of the flying portugese forward from Crissy, Crissy showing United and England what we are missing.

All this in london, the former home city of Jose Mourinho.

If Tottenham do somehow manage to progress, then we'll have beaten two teams consecutively with a collective 16 European Cup/Champions League titles, in our first outing in the competition.

Oh, to get ahead of oneself. 8-|

Scary prospect though, Madrid have a squad bursting with talent, including who I consider to be the best player in the world.

If Tottenham do somehow manage to progress, then we'll have beaten two teams consecutively with a collective 16 European Cup/Champions League titles, in our first outing in the competition.

Oh, to get ahead of oneself. 8-|

Scary prospect though, Madrid have a squad bursting with talent, including who I consider to be the best player in the world.

Ozil of course

Real Madrid Vs Tottenham - Spurs to go through 3-2 on aggregate after losing 2-1 in the first leg.
Chelsea Vs Man United - Chelsea to go through 1-0, after winning the first leg 1-0.
Barcelona Vs Shakhtar - Barca to go through 4-2, Winning the first leg 2-0.
Inter Milan Vs Schalke - Inter to go through 2-0, Winning both games 1-0.

Imo.

Real Madrid v Tottenham - Tottenham Win
Chelsea v Manchester Utd - Chelsea Win
Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk - Barcelona Win
Inter Milan v Shalke 04 - Inter Win

Chelsea v utd is going to be a very close two legs who ever plays better in the second leg will go through I think.

Chelsea will beat United, they look better, and will have Alex back soon. I'll stick my neck out and say 3-2 aggregate.

Magath has been sacked by Schalke too, not sure why :S

if utd do go through, it'll be by away goals, or penalties.

i think chelsea to go through 2-1, 1-0 at bridge, 1-1 and old trafford.

Last edited:
Having the second leg at OT will be vital imo, if we go through then we have a very good chance of reaching the final :) UEFA are probably hoping for a Man Utd v Real Madrid final.

Back