The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Some great ties. I cant wait to watch the Real v Spurs match. I would love to see Spurs edge it out but I can't see it happening.

Barca on the other hand. I love watching them but come on Shakhtar. As I said a few days ago, I have a real soft spot for them and Schalke.

Inter to lose, **** them, come on Schalke!

Man U v Chelsea? I'm a Leeds supporter, **** the both of them, I call shenanigans on both of them. Kick them out of the competition for some reason. I'm sure Platini could actually come up with a reason to kick English teams out, the idiot.

They dont have Chicarito and Owen ;)

Dude please, keep it to yourself okay?

Raul eats those two together for breakfast any day of the week.

Where were they when Raul was young?

edit - Disregard the offensive tone in the post, don't mean to attack anyone, only hope you were joking

Last edited:

In primary school?

Where will Raul be when Chicharito is in his prime? Goes both ways.

Im sure he was only joking mate come on he is Scott afterall :P

Very very happy with the draw and hugely optimistic indeed. I feel deep down Utd wouldnt have wanted Chelsea more than Chelsea wouldnt have wanted Utd (if that makes sence). This is because Chelsea genuinly have a very good record against Utd both at home and even at Old Trafford. I think both games will go back to being the tight affairs we are used to seeing from the two sides and i can see Chelsea winning 1-0 in the home leg and getting a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford to put us through 2-1 on aggregate. One thing Utd have in their favour is that Luiz wont be able to play but Alex will be match fit by then (if he dosent pick up another injury before obviously) and he is a very good defender also.

On the other ties and it sets itself up for a Chelsea - Real Madrid final and like i said a few days ago i would rather play a side managed by Mourinho in a one off game because over 2 legs he is an absolute genius. Here is the rest of my CL predictions the score is an aggregate score.

Schalke 1-4 Inter
Barcelona 3-1 Shakhtar
Tottenham 1-3 Real Madrid
Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd

Semis:
Chelsea 3-2 Inter
Barcelona 3-4 Real Madrid

Final:
Chelsea 2-1 Real Madrid

Potential Barca vs Real semi looks tasty. Bit premature to say though as I think Spurs have a chance. IMO:

Barcelona 5-1 Shaktar
Madrid 4-3 Spurs
United 1-2 Chelsea
Schalke 1-1 Inter (Schalke win on pens)

Chelsea vs Madrid or United Madrid would be good finals purely for the return of Mourinho/ Ronaldo.

Barca 4-2 Shaktar
Madrid 3-1 Spurs
United 2-3 Chelsea
Schalke 3-5 Inter

Barca 3-1 Madrid
Chelsea 3-2 Inter

Barca 1-0 Chelsea.

Heard it here first.

Barcelona 5-1 Shaktar

You are under-estimating Shaktar BIG TIME here.

Barca 4-2 Shaktar
Madrid 3-1 Spurs
United 2-3 Chelsea
Schalke 3-5 Inter

Barca 3-1 Madrid
Chelsea 3-2 Inter

Barca 1-0 Chelsea.

Heard it here first.

I dont know whether my heart can take another CL final defeat lol.

Maybe. But remember Shaktar got stuffed by Arsenal. I Expect it to be a 1-1 draw and 4-0 to Barcelona at the nou camp. Shaktar are decent but TBH Barcelona are just a class above IMO.

I still think about the 2008 final almost everyday so I know my heart cant take another :'(

I have watched it back a few times because i was proud that Chelsea FC even made a CL final appearence but yer its not a fantastic memory.

Barca 4-2 Shaktar
Madrid 3-1 Spurs
United 2-3 Chelsea
Schalke 3-5 Inter

Barca 3-1 Madrid
Chelsea 3-2 Inter

Barca 1-0 Chelsea.

Heard it here first.

*Cough* 5-1 *cough*

Plus they played a Roma team in decline and capitalized on Arsenal (In the 2nd match to win the group) that was for the most part reserve based.

Maybe. But remember Shaktar got stuffed by Arsenal. I Expect it to be a 1-1 draw and 4-0 to Barcelona at the nou camp. Shaktar are decent but TBH Barcelona are just a class above IMO.

you can't remember what happened when Shakhtar played at home can you? They beat arsenal 2:1, and they were first in group..

you can't remember what happened when Shakhtar played at home can you? They beat arsenal 2:1, and they were first in group..

Yes I knew that. I'm just saying the fact that they lost to Arsenal 5-1 once proves they are not in the very highest bracket of European football. Barca will stuff better teams than Shaktar.

Plus IMO the fact they finished top of the group is just as much because of Arsenal than Shaktar.

Yes I knew that. I'm just saying the fact that they lost to Arsenal 5-1 once proves they are not in the very highest bracket of European football. Barca will stuff better teams than Shaktar.

Plus IMO the fact they finished top of the group is just as much because of Arsenal than Shaktar.

Agreed on this last part, but you can't judge a team by one match where they played poorly...

As Srna, their captain said when they lost last week against a team in Ukraine Premier league
"We aren't robots, we do the best we can"

Well, all I've got to say on the matter is this...

Don't write Spurs off.

We were written off against Man City in the game to get us in the CL, then written off almost every game in the groups with people saying we werent going to qualify, but we did and well. Then out come the "your going to get smashed at the San Siro like last time" but we won.

Keep the faith, COYS.

I hope Schalke somehow makes an "upset" and kicks Inter out of the competition... These guys from Inter are too much stuck up, they think they're Gods, that's why I'd like them to lose.
Chelsea - United - i think it will be a very very close 2 legs, many yellow cards...
Real Madrid - Tottenham - will love to watch it
Barca - Shakhtar - I'd love it if Eduardo scored a goal and Srna asisted one, no matter if shakhtar go through or not

Sorry man we don't think to be Gods .. but we're the only one team that pass the turn after had lost in the home stadium in the last 30 years, let us dream.
Btw last year we beat Barça 3-1 Remember? So with all the respect for Schalke and for all German soccer I think that Inter will win easily, then can lose 10-0 versus chelsea or man utd but vs schalke win.

Ciao !

Sorry man we don't think to be Gods .. but we're the only one team that pass the turn after had lost in the home stadium in the last 30 years, let us dream.
Btw last year we beat Barça 3-1 Remember? So with all the respect for Schalke and for all German soccer I think that Inter will win easily, then can lose 10-0 versus chelsea or man utd but vs schalke win.

Ciao !

Yes you beat barca, but can you remind me how many goals were scored from offside? And can you remind me, what was the way you played on camp nou, how many defenders, 8 or 9?

Yes Inter is a favourite in the match, but to write off Schalke 2-3 weeks even before the first match is played is very arrogant isn't it?

Back