The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Wow Gomes is *****. What is it with keepers in the north London area?? Is it somthing they put in the water?

One of the worst mistakes I've ever seen by a keeper. That was awful, Spurs need a new keeper.

oh dear Gomes, spurs should sell him in the next transfer market, if I was a spurs fan I would be holding my head in my in disbelive that goal had gone in :(

Lol not seen it how bad is it !

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Wow Gomes is *****. What is it with keepers in the north London area?? Is it somthing they put in the water?

Wocjech Szcenzy (sp) disagrees ;)

Loved Casillas's reaction to the goal, he genuinly looked dissapointed for Gomes. Goalkeepers union ay.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Lol not seen it how bad is it !

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Wocjech Szcenzy (sp) disagrees ;)

It was poor and Carling Cup Final remember lol. I have no dout he will become a good keeper but at the moment he isent great.

Ronaldo shot straight at him and he tried to catch it with both hands and it just hit them went over his head and went in Calum.

I don't really see how Spurs need a new keeper, Gomes has been instrumental in some games in the Champions League and Prem. He has been a very good keeper IMO and i feel that he has improved massively this year compared to last.

Breaking News: Arsene Wenger bids £20m for Gomes.

Serious note though, no doubt interest in Gomes is gonna be high this transfer window, really has put himself in the shop window with this performance.

And on a side note, I think Pavlyuchenko needs a satnav to find his way to goal tonight.

Ronaldo shot straight at him and he tried to catch it with both hands and it just hit them went over his head and went in Calum.

I don't really see how Spurs need a new keeper, Gomes has been instrumental in some games in the Champions League and Prem. He has been a very good keeper IMO and i feel that he has improved massively this year compared to last.

Agree. He's made some classy performances for Spurs this season. He has indeed improved a **** of a lot. Like a lot of keepers, he's had some clangers, but more than made up for them with some outstanding saves this season

The more i watch VDV, the more im convinced he's Spurs' Arshavin. Once you get over his spate of goals, you realise he desnt actually do too much else on the pitch. Stunned as to why he makes the PFA and not Modric. Still the more credbile writers award is at the end of the season, sure Luka will make that list

Spurs really have to up their game if they want to get good results against arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, city.

Good team but games like this show that their really lack something. Bale is so overhyped. And Pav can't even hit the ball.

Haha...loved to see Jamie Redknapp so sad. Hate him...

Last edited:
Can't see Spurs attracting any big names in the summer should they fail to progress tonight and miss out on top four. IMO will be very difficut for them to compete with us players as we will probably be going for the same sort of players.

Can't see Spurs attracting any big names in the summer should they fail to progress tonight and miss out on top four. IMO will be very difficut for them to compete with us players as we will probably be going for the same sort of players.

they're actually in some trouble if they dont, Levy has already said the squad is unwieldy and needs trimming anyway, and they could end up losing the bigger players without CL footy

Spurs really have to up their game if they want to get good results against arsenal, chelsea, liverpool, city.

Good team but games like this show that their really lack something. Bale is so overhyped. And Pav can't even hit the ball.

Haha...loved to see Jamie Redknapp so sad. Hate him...

Gotta completely disagree with almost all of that. We've been very good this game but just lacked the finish and should have had a penalty. Bale has ran your team ragged, so I have no clue where you've got that from and Pav has hit 3 or 4 very good shots :S

Proud of them tonight, played really well with Dawson being a rock as per.

Gotta completely disagree with almost all of that. We've been very good this game but just lacked the finish and should have had a penalty. Bale has ran your team ragged, so I have no clue where you've got that from and Pav has hit 3 or 4 very good shots :S

Proud of them tonight, played really well with Dawson being a rock as per.

Bale has hardly ran them ragged, won a free kicks but never really put them under severe pressure tonight. Real have been fairly comfortable tonight

Back