The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Yesterday I was to San Siro , I'm Italian and I support Inter, ofc the problem is Leonardo, but I think that with Lucio and Samuel in defense, WITHOUT CHIVU ( what a fu***** idiot ) the match result would have been different.

(sorry for my english)

I've said it a few times now and I'll say it again here so that way people will know I was right. Barca is rock, R. Madrid is scissors, and ManU is paper. I think in terms of quality, the teams are in that order, with a fairly large gap between them (these are the best 3 in the world, IMO). The final will obviously be ManU vs. R. Madrid/Barca. Although Barca's rock is even better than R. Madrid's scissors, R. Madrid might beat Barca because of a psychological advantage and Mourinho's tactics. If they do, they will beat ManU in the final. If Barca, wins, however, ManU will beat them in the final. They will defend extremely well and absorb Barca's relentless atacks and get a goal or two on the counter, and maybe even on a set piece. Mark my words, and let it be known that I made this claim even before ManU played Chelsea.

Woa woa, don't be too friggin' pompous there fellow, you still have an iron Schalke and they can make you eat your words, so there is no OBVIOUS final. It will involve a Spanish side, THAT is as far as certain.

Here's an interesting fact. In football, anything is possible on any given day

Woa woa, don't be too friggin' pompous there fellow, you still have an iron Schalke and they can make you eat your words, so there is no OBVIOUS final. It will involve a Spanish side, THAT is as far as certain.

hes not being pompous, since he is a neutral

hes not being pompous, since he is a neutral

First of all, Schalke isn't through to the semi-finals yet, so we don't know that they'll be playing ManU. Second, if they do advance, they will certainly be the worst team to make the semi-finals in the history of the Champions League. I don't think ManU will have any problems with the. If Inter advances, ManU should win because Inter has been **** this season. Also, I'm not biased for ManU. I really, really want to see Barca win this CL so they can solidify themselves as an historic team. Also because they deserve it. And because I always want to see the team that plays the most attractive football win.

Here's an interesting fact. In football, anything is possible on any given day

Exactly. Which is why even though Barca is by far the best team in the world, they won't win the Champions League. Mark my words. In fact, I'm going to place a pretty large bet on it this week.

I really hope Man United win their second treble! Would be an amazing achievement. I have no doubt that they can do it. They have been sub-par all season and they are still walking pretty much all of their games.

If we win the treble again, does anybody think that Fergie/Giggs/Scholes may call it a day?

I hope not, but it's certainly a possibility.

I hope Barça can win their second triple. They play a wonderful football and the chance to win the cl again this year is great. They have to win against real and probably manu. So it will be a very difficult challenge, but I think they have the strength to overcome these two teams.

Inter still have a chance, but it is very unlikely that schalke will play that badly tonight. So Manu will have probably reach the final this year

If we win the treble again, does anybody think that Fergie/Giggs/Scholes may call it a day?

I hope not, but it's certainly a possibility.

I think Fergie may do just one more 'Year of honour', as would Giggs, Scholes will probably hang his boots up though, sad to say, he isn't really needed anymore. But Giggs, best player in the world of his generation!

What a win over the two legs, Chelsea could never really get going. Now we have to do is beat either Schalke 04/Inter Milan, and we have a good chance of playing at Wembley twice in the next few months :)

First of all, Schalke isn't through to the semi-finals yet, so we don't know that they'll be playing ManU. Second, if they do advance, they will certainly be the worst team to make the semi-finals in the history of the Champions League. I don't think ManU will have any problems with the. If Inter advances, ManU should win because Inter has been **** this season. Also, I'm not biased for ManU. I really, really want to see Barca win this CL so they can solidify themselves as an historic team. Also because they deserve it. And because I always want to see the team that plays the most attractive football win.

Exactly. Which is why even though Barca is by far the best team in the world, they won't win the Champions League. Mark my words. In fact, I'm going to place a pretty large bet on it this week.

Schalke are not. There were so many **** teams who made it to the semi finals.

Barca deserves CL more? How? They can't win away tie to save their *****. This was the first win under pep if I'm not wrong.

No. Barca don't play attractive football. Not everyone thinks playing possession football is attractive. I always liked Madrid style of play than Barca.

By far the best team? No. They are the best team not like by far as you say. I would say fully fit Inter would give very very hard time for Barca, also Chelsea and ManUtd. These teams are capable of beating Barca.

Oh how ironic it is that By far the best team failed to win away from home in the champions league. How many away ties they have won? 1 or 2 maybe.

Schalke are not. There were so many **** teams who made it to the semi finals.

They're 5 points from the relegation zone and just changed managers...name one.

Barca deserves CL more? How? They can't win away tie to save their *****. This was the first win under pep if I'm not wrong.

When did I say the word 'deserves'? I just said they were the best team in the world, which 99% of football fans agree with, but that they won't win it.

No. Barca don't play attractive football. Not everyone thinks playing possession football is attractive. I always liked Madrid style of play than Barca.

So the attractiveness of a team's football is subjective, yet you obectively say they don't play attractive football? Riiight. But, fair point to you, I should have qualified that claim with 'in my opinion...' (and pretty much every neutral football fan's opinion in the world, right now, except for some ManU and Chelsea fans).

By far the best team? No. They are the best team not like by far as you say. I would say fully fit Inter would give very very hard time for Barca, also Chelsea and ManUtd. These teams are capable of beating Barca.

Sorry but pretty much everyone in the world thinks Barca is the best team in the world. They're on pace to set the La Liga points record. To set a record for points in one of the historically best leagues in the world is something very special. ManU has 69 points in 32 games, Barca has 84 in 31 and will probably get the 100. They have a +69 goal differential. Now I know you'll start talking about how much better the Prem is compared to La Liga bla bla bla but I really don't think the difference can account for that many points. If you compare each and all of the 20 teams of the leagues with each other, there really isn't that big of a difference. Definitely not big enough to account for an 18 point gap.

Of course they're capable of beating Barca. Any team can beat any other team on any given day. And those are the three teams in the world that match up the best against them, especially ManU and Inter. But I don't think a fully fit Chelsea could beat them anymore (a few years ago and with the right manager, certainly, but not this season). Also, Inter has been **** all year so I don't think you can make that claim. ManU, however, stacks up perfectly against Barca and they have proven this season that they know how to get results, even when they don't play well, which is exactly why they will win (well that and a huge psychological advantage). But that doesn't necessarily make them the better team.

Oh how ironic it is that By far the best team failed to win away from home in the champions league. How many away ties they have won? 1 or 2 maybe.

They were in a very weak group they knew they'd finish first in, and they obviously didn't try as hard in these games, and benched a lot of first teamers (getting an advantage over Real Madrid in La Liga was the priority). They finished in first with ease and a +11 goal differential. Sure they took their foot off the gas and lost to Arsenal at the end at the Emirates, but they were the much, much better team over both legs. This was against the second best team in the league that its supporters claim is supposedly by far the best in the world (and if they win their game in hand, only 4 points out of first place, with a home match against the first place team), and Barca was clearly a class above.

My simple point was that this season, Barca has been the best team in the world, and I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be able to find a single (relatively unbiased) person on this forum who would disagree.

They're 5 points from the relegation zone and just changed managers...name one.

When did I say the word 'deserves'? I just said they were the best team in the world, which 99% of football fans agree with, but that they won't win it.

So the attractiveness of a team's football is subjective, yet you obectively say they don't play attractive football? Riiight. But, fair point to you, I should have qualified that claim with 'in my opinion...' (and pretty much every neutral football fan's opinion in the world, right now, except for some ManU and Chelsea fans).

Sorry but pretty much everyone in the world thinks Barca is the best team in the world. They're on pace to set the La Liga points record. To set a record for points in one of the historically best leagues in the world is something very special. ManU has 69 points in 32 games, Barca has 84 in 31 and will probably get the 100. They have a +69 goal differential. Now I know you'll start talking about how much better the Prem is compared to La Liga bla bla bla but I really don't think the difference can account for that many points. If you compare each and all of the 20 teams of the leagues with each other, there really isn't that big of a difference. Definitely not big enough to account for an 18 point gap.

Of course they're capable of beating Barca. Any team can beat any other team on any given day. And those are the three teams in the world that match up the best against them, especially ManU and Inter. But I don't think a fully fit Chelsea could beat them anymore (a few years ago and with the right manager, certainly, but not this season). Also, Inter has been **** all year so I don't think you can make that claim. ManU, however, stacks up perfectly against Barca and they have proven this season that they know how to get results, even when they don't play well, which is exactly why they will win (well that and a huge psychological advantage). But that doesn't necessarily make them the better team.

They were in a very weak group they knew they'd finish first in, and they obviously didn't try as hard in these games, and benched a lot of first teamers (getting an advantage over Real Madrid in La Liga was the priority). They finished in first with ease and a +11 goal differential. Sure they took their foot off the gas and lost to Arsenal at the end at the Emirates, but they were the much, much better team over both legs. This was against the second best team in the league that its supporters claim is supposedly by far the best in the world (and if they win their game in hand, only 4 points out of first place, with a home match against the first place team), and Barca was clearly a class above.

My simple point was that this season, Barca has been the best team in the world, and I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't be able to find a single (relatively unbiased) person on this forum who would disagree.

curtis Schalke are not poor, not in europe anyway, in the bundesliga they are a mess, but in europe where we face them, they are dangerous, and confident, a real jekyll and hyde team. And barca don't travel well away from home, its been the case for sometime, last night was their first win in 9 matches.

Inter haven't been **** all year either, they have been good, just not near their best.

Sorry but if we are able to match and beat Barca that makes us the better team. Same way if Barca(or real madrid for that matter) they are the better team, its that simple.

And please stop going on about supporters of the premier league, especially very few on the thread is currently claiming it to be the best by far.

P.s to be fair you did say they deserve it.

Last edited:
Agree with Sunilvk7.

I personally hate Barca very much... but they dont deserve to win the CL more than anyone.

I dont think their playing style is very attractive either. It's so dominant and 1 team keeping posession all the time is not very attractive to me.

They dont really take any risks. Their goal is to keep the ball and not give it away. When they have passed enough they look for an trough ball and then someone ends up chipping the ball into the net.

Last edited:
Jurado is very dangerous player.And what a long throw from Neuer :O

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

1-0 Schalke Raul Gonzales Blanco!

Back