The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
I'd like Twente from those options tbh.

We don't like Eastern Europe/cold countries, so pass on Rubin Kazan, and probably Odense.

Udinese are a very good side, most worried about them. Confident we'd beat Zurich...

Knowing us, we'll probably get Udinese, though :(

Pozzo on getting Arsenal at Udinese AGM meeting last week: ''It doesn't matter who we get, our target is to improve every year. We have the players to beat everyone, I hear they may be missing their best player by then so who knows what may happen? *giggles*''

Pozzo's slinging insults at AFC about losing Fabregas now?

****, this is the guy who owns a football club in Spain Granada and uses it too funnel players/money between clubs and is just allowed to get away with it. Also the same guy that claims that FIFA use the FIGC as puppets to keep Udinese a small club and keep refusing his planning permission for a new stadium...Which he is applying for on the site of a disused gas pipeline.

It's time Silent Stan pipes up, when Pozzo slings a dig at your football club you know something's wrong with the natural order.

Knowing the luck Arsenal have got lately I'm predicting they will get Rubin Kazan.

I'd like Twente from those options tbh.

We don't like Eastern Europe/cold countries, so pass on Rubin Kazan, and probably Odense.

Udinese are a very good side, most worried about them. Confident we'd beat Zurich...

Knowing us, we'll probably get Udinese, though :(

Putting OB as an Eastern European/cold country in the same category as Rubin Kazan.

Joss: Geographical genius XD

Putting OB as an Eastern European/cold country in the same category as Rubin Kazan.

Joss: Geographical genius XD

You're danish, I assume, are you going to tell me Denmark is the ****** Caribbean? I think it fits the category of 'cold' countries. Plus the 'probably' means it's not in the same category as Rubin, so it's not that cold, nor are they that worrying.

You're danish, I assume, are you going to tell me Denmark is the ****** Caribbean? I think it fits the category of 'cold' countries. Plus the 'probably' means it's not in the same category as Rubin, so it's not that cold, nor are they that worrying.

Alas, Denmark is not in Eastern Europe.

Alas, Denmark is not in Eastern Europe.

Sure, but he didn't say "Eastern European cold countries", but "Eastern European/Cold contries". It fits into the latter category, thus his statement is not incorrect.

//Edit - Why the **** am I defending Joss anyways? There must be something wrong with my coffee...

Well, since Denmark is as warm/slightly warmer than the UK, it wouldn't make much sense to fear the cold weather here, would it? Even with the probably it still doesn't make sense to put it along side with Rubin Kazan.

Sure, but he didn't say "Eastern European cold countries", but "Eastern European/Cold contries". It fits into the latter category, thus his statement is not incorrect.

//Edit - Why the **** am I defending Joss anyways? There must be something wrong with my coffee...

Well, since Denmark is as warm/slightly warmer than the UK, it wouldn't make much sense to fear the cold weather here, would it? Even with the probably it still doesn't make sense to put it along side with Rubin Kazan.

Athe is spot on (who'd have thought it!).

Really Mads? I figured Denmark was pretty ******* cold - being in Scandanavia and all (and therefore closer to the North Pole).

I'm well aware Denmark isn't Eastern Europe, thank you very much, although I can see how the assumption that I didn't was made. Obviously I wasn't being clear ;)

But to clarify: Arsenal don't do the north =P

They really don't...I remember the 4-4 last season.

Cheers for that.

Also the 1-1 and missed pen at Sunderland, 1-0 defeat at OT, dodgy 1-1 at Anfield... Although we did (as always!) win at Goodison and we have a good record in Scotland.

I couldn't resist, you teed it up.

I have a theory that the snoods may have hindered the neck movement of your players whenever they played in the cold north, Sepp might have done something useful for a change... I almost held a straight face typing that, Sepp banning snood's is obviously him tackling the 'key issues' at Fifa HQ...

I couldn't resist, you teed it up.

I have a theory that the snoods may have hindered the neck movement of your players whenever they played in the cold north, Sepp might have done something useful for a change... I almost held a straight face typing that, Sepp banning snood's is obviously him tackling the 'key issues' at Fifa HQ...

We also won in Leeds and Wolves.

At least Thierry (:wub:) liked the north (and pretty much every other ground in the world)

26.4% - Thierry Henry scored more than a quarter of his 174 PL goals against 4 clubs (A Villa, Charlton, M'boro & Leeds). Favourites.

We get Udinese :S. Would of preferred someone a bit easier, but at least it's not Rubin.

A weaker team with the loss of Zapata, Inler and Sanchez but still a tough challenge.

Congratulations Arsenal. Kobenhavn get Plzen, that's an easy win. OB will also beat Villarreal. And then of course Malmö will beat Dinamo Zagreb.

putting my dislike for Aresenal aside, I can honestly see Udinese winning this tie over the two legs. I think it will be a draw at the Emirates and then Udinese to win at there place. Do Arsenal go in to the Europa League if they do lose?

putting my dislike for Aresenal aside, I can honestly see Udinese winning this tie over the two legs. I think it will be a draw at the Emirates and then Udinese to win at there place. Do Arsenal go in to the Europa League if they do lose?

Logic behind this? Udinese have lost 3 key players. If anything they have regressed..

Orbinho Arsenal have lost none of the seven two-legged knockout ties against Italian sides in Europe.
OptaJean 8 – Arsenal have won all 8 of their games in the Champions League play-offs. Formality.

Obviously it doesn't mean we will win, but we clearly go well against both Italian teams and in the play-offs.

Would like to hear why you think this though.

Back