The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
CMtjiQXW8AAN3Xp.jpg

What's funny to me is: Baba means Grandmother in my language.

Oh well.

Same here lol

Ain't that in Slavic languages?
Yea, didn't know its that common.

Also I laughed my *** off when United signed Nani. Nani basically means to grandmother. It was weird as **** for few years seeing his name.

One poor game and the media are speaking about JT either being released or retiring at the end of the season haha. They'll be calling him the best defender in the league again once we find some form.

Not the 'immediate' end as is being written. But I'd wager it's the beginning of the end. Particularly if you get Stones. He'll slowly start being phased out this year. And rightly so. Can't have sentiment in football and the time, through that pesky thing called age, is coming to move on.

Not the 'immediate' end as is being written. But I'd wager it's the beginning of the end. Particularly if you get Stones. He'll slowly start being phased out this year. And rightly so. Can't have sentiment in football and the time, through that pesky thing called age, is coming to move on.

Indeed. On stones, it looks the hierarchy is determined to snag him and willing to go as high up as £40m. Apparently we are also renewing interest in Pedro, Griezzmann and Lacazette. One of them will probably come in if Cuadrado/Moses leaves which is looking likely. The loss to Manchester City is looking like a blessing in disguise at this point

These days, you can go from the best player in the world to the worst, in one game. 3 games isn't going to change my opinion of John Terry, although it's been apparent for the last 2 seasons that he'll need a successor.

Hmm but last 2 seasons, he was probably one of the best if not the best CB in the league

Indeed. On stones, it looks the hierarchy is determined to snag him and willing to go as high up as £40m. Apparently we are also renewing interest in Pedro, Griezzmann and Lacazette. One of them will probably come in if Cuadrado/Moses leaves which is looking likely. The loss to Manchester City is looking like a blessing in disguise at this point

Yup. All the (ridiculous, to me at least) downplaying of Chelsea and City through their respective lack of major activity this window outside of Sterling is liable to all come tumbling down before the month is over.

You're both still the best two teams in the Country by a sizeable margin (although the other three are slowly closing the gap) and will be the only two left standing and battling it out come May IMHO.

Thought that at the start of the window and nobody's done enough to alter that view to date.

Last edited:
Yup. All the (ridiculous, to me at least) downplaying of Chelsea and City through their respective lack of major activity this window outside of Sterling is liable to all come tumbling down before the month is over.

You're both still the best two teams in the Country by a sizeable margin (although the other three are slowly closing the gap) and will be the only two left standing and battling it out come May IMHO.

Thought that at the start of the window and nobody's done enough to alter that view to date.

It really depends. Chelsea's start is very uncharacteristic of Mourinho teams. I can't see us winning the title unless we rejuvenate the squad with new blood which is what we are doing now anyways (hopefully)

I find it slightly disturbing that Torres is in that picture, even Cole for that matter.

Great signing for you lot anyway, could be the spark to get your season going, sadly. ;)

I find it slightly disturbing that Torres is in that picture, even Cole for that matter.

Great signing for you lot anyway, could be the spark to get your season going, sadly. ;)

It should be Marina Granovskaia and Emenalo alongside him but it's an old gif.

Hopefully. We still need a new CB (Stones) and a DM/CM, but it's just good to see us doing something in this window. Still there's no doubt that Pedro's an improvement over Cuadrado, so...

[video=youtube;ABnW753yScc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABnW753yScc[/video]

Really excited by the Pedro deal. Guy is a genuine superstar. Has won it all and played with the best. I am sure the players will be buzzing when they come in for training

Back