The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Just like you are buying all the stories about transfers then.

Just because some nobody who just love to troll United fans said about bid for Stones, you are blaming Woody. Just 1 example right infront of you.

As I said, he isn't a nobody. He is very close to the Mourinho camp. It's well-established. He is ahead of the general media curve on nearly everything Chelsea. I already brought examples to you in my last post

Secondly, I never even blamed Woody. I am more frustrated with Chelsea's own inability to conclude the deal in time and allow United to intervene which will drive up the price. I actually even clarified this in two previous posts. I do feel there is an element of ego involved obviously after United lost out to Pedro for them to try chase Stones but then again, even Roman did the same with Willian to get his own back on Levy so it's all fair

To bring this ******* contest to an end. there is no ego in United trying to get Stones any more than there was in Chelsea getting Pedro or Willian. United enquired a few weeks back, and the only reason any interest is stepping up now is because Stone has handed in a request, which allowed United to intervene without ******* off Everton, important since they are trying to sell Evans. It also means that they can offer Everton some kind of replacement as well as cash. And we already know Everton are less than happy with some aspects of Chelsea's chase in this.

To bring this ******* contest to an end. there is no ego in United trying to get Stones any more than there was in Chelsea getting Pedro or Willian. United enquired a few weeks back, and the only reason any interest is stepping up now is because Stone has handed in a request, which allowed United to intervene without ******* off Everton, important since they are trying to sell Evans. It also means that they can offer Everton some kind of replacement as well as cash. And we already know Everton are less than happy with some aspects of Chelsea's chase in this.
Clubs never 'steal rival's targets' just to **** them off. What kind of multibillion pound organisation with top executives would waste 10-15% of their revenue just for a ******* contest. Man United won't throw 40 million just because Chelsea got Pedro. Stones would add quality to the United defence, play for the next 15 years and fufil the English quota. I'd be shocked if United had no interest prior.

Clubs never 'steal rival's targets' just to **** them off. What kind of multibillion pound organisation with top executives would waste 10-15% of their revenue just for a ******* contest. Man United won't throw 40 million just because Chelsea got Pedro. Stones would add quality to the United defence, play for the next 15 years and fufil the English quota. I'd be shocked if United had no interest prior.

Obviously the intention is not to solely **** off another club. You consider all factors like the quality of the player and the fee. But obviously trying to keep a quality player out of the hands of a rival is an important consideration as well. It's the same reason why Chelsea went in for Willian very late as he had a medical at Tottenham. Did they monitor him and have an interest prior? Sure. But when they saw him having a medical at Tottenham, they realised that Willian would be beneficial for the team as well as keep a quality player from falling in Tottenhams grasp hurting them simultaneously

Rambling aside, basically my point is that preventing domestic rivals from getting their hand on a quality player is a factor when a club decides to make a transfer alongside other metrics. How big a factor depends on a case-to-case basis. I am sure Stones is quality but I am also sure Woody would relish getting one over Chelsea by sealing the transfer after the Pedro fiasco. Hence, my frustration

We're done ta. :).

I said big English clubs ;)

Jokes aside, Liverpool will relish the benefits of getting their business done early and having a proper pre-season with the entire squad. Chelsea did the same last summer and we came out of the blocks firing and won the title at a canter eventually. This summer was a monumental **** up by the looks of things which the suits are desperately trying to resolve

Apple and Samsung?

What kind of multibillion pound organisation with top executives would waste 10-15% of their revenue just for a ******* contest.

[video=youtube;wvsboPUjrGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc[/video]

[video=youtube;IY2j_GPIqRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2j_GPIqRA[/video]

So it appears Stones' agent's contract is up in two weeks.

So that's why there is a transfer request....

So it appears Stones' agent's contract is up in two weeks.

So that's why there is a transfer request....

His agent will be a bit narked then. The bids being rejected formally

You guys are being a bit harsh on the agent. Yeah he'd make a lot of money, but its also the best move for his client. Stones would walk in into first squad of the champions, play for best manager in the world ,and wouldn't even have to pack a traveling bag to do it.

Anyone know why Everton are unhappy with the way Chelsea have done things? From what I saw, we submitted an initial bid a few weeks before the start of the season and then Everton got angry and made some ludicrous allegation that we disrupted their season despite it being the transfer window. Then Mourinho and Cahill openly talked about Stones which was unprofessional but nothing worse than what Martinez was doing all along in the 2013/14 season by openly talking about signing Lukaku from us

I wouldn't say Chelsea have conducted themselves perfectly in this transfer but Martinez is behaving like a real hypocrite as well

Think the issue is the Everton arent saying they don't want to sell because they are looking for a higher price, they are saying they don't want to sell because they really don't want to sell, and its a case of Chelsea not respecting that. Chelsea have been told explictly 3 times they don't want to sell and instead they go more and more public. The comments made by Terry and Cahill are just part of that lack of respect. This is all in the eyes of Everton by the way, and I can see where they are coming from.

Same way United made enquiries, got an answer, and then simply asked to be kept informed. Trying to not to rub them up the wrong way because of any Evans deal.

Everton are a very stubborn club on and off the pitch. Chelsea should be wary of irritating them to the point where they would refuse to sell purely out of spite, especially if United maintain an interest. Stones is not going to stay at Everton forever. Chelsea need to stay on Everton's good side until then

Last edited:
Smaller clubs generally despise mid-window bids for their key players. It puts the club in a very uncomfortable position.

It works both ways. Everton also have an interest in maintaining a good relationship with Chelsea so they can loan quality youth prospects (eg. Lukaku and Atsu) and have a chance at buying good fringe players (eg. Moses, Mikel). Chelsea could have conducted the transfer better but Martinez is just being hypocritical when he criticizes Chelsea for speaking openly about Stones so not much sympathy from me

Anyways Bruce Buck and Kenwright are really good friends. We have a good relationship with Everton (loaned and then sold Lukaku, loaned Atsu etc.). I reckon it will take a monumental **** up for Everton to outright refuse to sell us Stones out of spite. We are not at that point yet

Everton have just outright refused to sell to anyone now. The loans clearly don't matter compared to keeping a player like Stones

That's after statements from Martinez and Kenwright. It's almost certainly not happening now:

Everton Football Club has rejected a transfer request from John Stones.

Since the start of the transfer window, we have resolutely turned down offers from another Premier League football club for our player.

John is not for sale and he will remain a highly valued member of our first team squad.

Bill Kenwright
Chairman, Everton Football Club

With Chelsea rumoured to be ready to go to £ 40 million that's a CRAZY fee for Everton to turn down.

Back