The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
That is not an option as Chelsea don't give a flying ****.

LQ24i7C.gif

Its over for now. £38m is the absolute highest we were willing to go. It's all in Stones hands now. If he wants to, he can still force through a move so let's see

Stones was also applauded when he played Barnsley, got a mixed reception. Would be rash to say he's only had a bad reception. He can't force much more unless he goes on strike (which would be pretty pathetic), and they'd probably still say no.

I really do doubt it to be honest. To make such a public statement now, then to suddenly turn around and sell-would be insane. If relations improve by next season (as I think it's safe to say they've become a bit tarnished) I can see him going to Stamford Bridge or wherever. I think even if Man Utd came in with a similar bid they'd get the same response. We simply can't afford to lose a player like Stones with the season already under way. This is why as I've stated on the Everton thread-change the transfer rules. It's an absolute p*** take these situations can happen to any club.

The biggest problem Chelsea have had is treating Everton like an afterthought "oh, that diddy club will come round eventually" very dangerous approach with a club as fiercely proud as that, good business or otherwise.

The problem with Everton is that they are well within their rights to be annoyed with repeated bids from Stones once they said no even though Stones obviously wants the move but spare the morality lectures.

They themselves plucked Stones from a lower league club and have been punished before for tapping up players. Don't even get me started with the way they behaved with the Lukaku deal. So all the 'values' **** that Martinez is coming up with is hypocritical and idiotic in the extreme

I really hope some journalist digs into the way Martinez actively talked about Lukaku transfer and grills him on it. It's about time he got taken down a peg or two

All managers and clubs are hypocritical as we know with Jose. That's not the point. It's how you handle them. And whether he's a hypocrite or not ( he is) Chelsea have handled it badly. Chelsea have given him the platform to be ****** off, whether he;s being two faced or not.

Oh and iirc, a lot of the applause Stones was getting was from Barsnley fans who were chanting Mourinho's name throughout the game. The money they would get from the £37m transfer due to 15% sell-on clause will be greatly helpful. But obviously Everton reportedly trying to buy that now

He was also applauded by Everton fans. The football lot were building a mixed reactions package to play out for the weekend.

If Stones goes, it won't be because a few Everton fans booed him. They're some of the most passionate and loyal in the league, he's not gonna have 1 mildly bad experience overcome all the support he's had at Goodison.

If he leaves, it will be because Everton need to sell. They're one of the only clubs in the league right now who don't actually benefit that massively from this TV deal.

If Stones goes, it won't be because a few Everton fans booed him. They're some of the most passionate and loyal in the league, he's not gonna have 1 mildly bad experience overcome all the support he's had at Goodison.

If he leaves, it will be because Everton need to sell. They're one of the only clubs in the league right now who don't actually benefit that massively from this TV deal.

Indeed, but they see at least one, if not two years out of Stones. The argument is they can ask for even more next season if they have a stronger season. They also feel the need him if they want a more respectable finish. They don't believe they can hold onto him forever, but they will try anyway.

Still can't believe this kid is being valued at what he is. Looks solid but for Everton standards now would be the time. Realistically they are not going to compete with the likes of Chelsea anytime in the near future, and this is a huge fee that they could receive for Stones.

That fee is only going to get lower and lower every season...

And if Everton spend right, there is a replacement out there and a few players who could improve the squad with that money.

Credit given to Baines for staying, but if you asked him honestly, I bet he wished it panned out better and he got that bigger chance.

Can Stones buy out the remainder of his contract? There was a story some time ago regarding the fact the Sterling could force his way out of Liverpool, using this method. Just curious, I have absolutely no idea if it's possible or not.

Lol everything is made in china nowadays. Even for Sergio Ramos we are getting a China version. Really hope its just nonsense and it won't happen.

Money won't come out of his own pocket. We did that with AVB. We gave him money to bail his own *** out of Porto.

And I doubt this scenario will take place.

That was manager, he was allowed to negotiate with another club while still under contract. The way I understand it, players aren't, so it needs go from their own pocket. Sure, you could simply just give Stones the money, but he would be under no obligation to actually use it to buy out the contract or sign for Chelsea if he does buy it, because he can't have any dealings with you while still on Everton's payroll.

If you could just give player the money so he buys out the contract and goes on his merry way, nobody would bother with transfers.

That was manager, he was allowed to negotiate with another club while still under contract. The way I understand it, players aren't, so it needs go from their own pocket. Sure, you could simply just give Stones the money, but he would be under no obligation to actually use it to buy out the contract or sign for Chelsea if he does buy it, because he can't have any dealings with you while still on Everton's payroll.

If you could just give player the money so he buys out the contract and goes on his merry way, nobody would bother with transfers.
Paying a player to busy out his contract is highly illegal and would most likely get Chelsea a large fine and transfer ban. Herrera bought out the rest of his contract before going United, however that was from his own pockets and not United's.

There was talk that Eva Carneiro might pursue legal action against Chelsea or leave the club after what happened on the pitch yet all that talk has quitened down. I wonder what's behind that story

Paying a player to busy out his contract is highly illegal and would most likely get Chelsea a large fine and transfer ban. Herrera bought out the rest of his contract before going United, however that was from his own pockets and not United's.

Well it obviously wouldn't be sold as Chelsea putting up the money. The only trouble they'd be in is if it ever came out.

Illegal tapping up of players is common place. Your club does it. My club does it. Most every club does it in some form. You'd have to be totally naive with all the money sloshing around to believe it isn't still very prevalent.

The above scenario, if a club was desperate enough, is just an extension of that.

Back