The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Everton have just outright refused to sell to anyone now. The loans clearly don't matter compared to keeping a player like Stones

That's after statements from Martinez and Kenwright. It's almost certainly not happening now:

Everton Football Club has rejected a transfer request from John Stones.

Since the start of the transfer window, we have resolutely turned down offers from another Premier League football club for our player.

John is not for sale and he will remain a highly valued member of our first team squad.

Bill Kenwright
Chairman, Everton Football Club

*Shrugs*

29/01/2011 - Liverpool reject Fernando Torres's transfer request.

31/01/2011 - Fernando Torres signs for Chelsea.

I'm okay with him staying at Everton. I'm not okay with losing him to United. So, I guess, he better stay.

No one wants an unhappy player at the club so we will see. Plus if we don't get him the neither is anyone else so whatever

With Chelsea rumoured to be ready to go to £ 40 million that's a CRAZY fee for Everton to turn down.
They just turned down £38. Suspect it's not about the money either. And there are no indications Stones is unhappy.

*Shrugs*

29/01/2011 - Liverpool reject Fernando Torres's transfer request.

31/01/2011 - Fernando Torres signs for Chelsea.

We're a lot more stubborn though-we've lost too much quality in the past at stupid times of the transfer window after season has begun-for once it appears lessons have been learnt. And like Mike stated there are no signs he's unhappy ( His agent though....that'll be a different story
grin.gif
). It's all very well having aboout £38 million but the window closes in a few days so it's pointless selling now.

And the point being made it looks like it's not to do with money I hadn't thought about until now.

Last edited:
We're a lot more stubborn though-we've lost too much quality in the past at stupid times of the transfer window after season has begun-for once it appears lessons have been learnt. And like Mike stated there are no signs he's unhappy ( His agent though....that'll be a different story :D ). It's all very well having aboout £38 million but the window closes in a few days so it's pointless selling now.

I agree, however just because Kenwright has released that statement it doesn't mean to say the deal is dead. Yes, it seems less likely but stranger things have happened.

I agree, however just because Kenwright has released that statement it doesn't mean to say the deal is dead. Yes, it seems less likely but stranger things have happened.

I really do doubt it to be honest. To make such a public statement now, then to suddenly turn around and sell-would be insane. If relations improve by next season (as I think it's safe to say they've become a bit tarnished) I can see him going to Stamford Bridge or wherever. I think even if Man Utd came in with a similar bid they'd get the same response. We simply can't afford to lose a player like Stones with the season already under way. This is why as I've stated on the Everton thread-change the transfer rules. It's an absolute p*** take these situations can happen to any club.

I really do doubt it to be honest. To make such a public statement now, then to suddenly turn around and sell-would be insane. If relations improve by next season (as I think it's safe to say they've become a bit tarnished) I can see him going to Stamford Bridge or wherever. I think even if Man Utd came in with a similar bid they'd get the same response. We simply can't afford to lose a player like Stones with the season already under way. This is why as I've stated on the Everton thread-change the transfer rules. It's an absolute p*** take these situations can happen to any club.

I doubt it at this stage as well but as I've said it's not completely dead, and to be honest I thought we would've gone after Stones next season but a bid from us at some point was inevitable IMO. Yeah, the rules should be changed but it would only work if all the "top" european leagues changed their rules as well. If not then it would give other leagues an advantage over us in the market.

I'd like to think that both sides can now return to a sense of normallity and just focus on the season and draw a line under this saga.

Go get Varane now. LOOOL

I've seen a few reports linking us to Laporte. The problem with this deal (If true) is that Bilbao are notoriously difficult to negotiate with so I highly doubt we'll sign him with such a short amount of time left in the window.

I highly doubt Stones is happy with all the abuse and threats he has received from Everton supporters after handing in his transfer request so let's see how the saga plays out

Last edited:
Back