The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Mascherano and the two Chileans that interchange for the National team, Vidal and, uhhhhmmm, his mate who's name escapes me lol. Yeah, Vidal is more box-to-box on a club level. But he's very adept at playing the holding role.

All slightly better defensively for me. But I'd be more than happy with Matic in that role in my side.

Charles Aranguiz (sp) excellent player soooo underrated. Although him and vidal are more box to box. So that means matic wins by default. ;)

Watching fabregas is like seeing the same problem we had with gerrard once he got older. A lack of positional sense when defending. Its was ok for gerrard in his prime because he had athleticism to help him out but cesc was never blessed with pace. Matic on the other hand needs to snap out of holiday mode because he has clearly shown he is the besy cdm in the world.

The three things (Matic, Fabregas, Brana) are related. Matic is expected to do huge amounts of work, simultaneously slotting into the back four to cover Iva going forward and patrol in front of the defence and win back possession where Fabregas leaves us short. The answer is to stop playing a 4-2-3-1 with a defensive playmaker in the hole but an aggressive on in the pivot, and a defensive winger and aggressive fullback on the same side. It just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Mascherano as a cdm is the only one i can think off who comes close but he is awful as a centrehalf dont knoe why barca play him there. But matic is better for me because he can atleast spot a pass.

Not this **** again. Mascherano doesn't pass more then 3 meters in Barca, because he's quite simply not allowed to. Nor should he, when rest of the midfield has some of the best passers football has seen in last 20 years.

When he plays for Argentina, he is actually their deep lying playmaker with a freedom to pass as he pleases, and he's been ******* great at it for over 100 caps now. At last World Cup he had 3rd most attempted passes with 90% accuracy, with whooping 150 more succesful passes than Schweinsteiger who was 4th.

I'm not saying Matic doesn't have some advantages, since he's freakish tall and strong for one, but better passer he is not.

Last edited:
Not this **** again. Mascherano doesn't pass more then 3 meters in Barca, because he's quite simply not allowed to. Nor should he, when rest of the midfield has some of the best passers football has seen in last 20 years.

When he plays for Argentina, he is actually their deep lying playmaker with a freedom to pass as he pleases, and he's been ******* great at it for over 100 caps now. At last World Cup he had 3rd most attempted passes with 90% accuracy, with whooping 150 more succesful passes than Schweinsteiger who was 4th.

I'm not saying Matic doesn't have some advantages, since he's freakish tall and strong for one, but better passer he is not.

I would agree with you to some extent but from what ive seen from matic i think he edges it for me. Then again passing stats cant really be relied on because if you delve deeper you can ask how many of masch or matic passes were risky passes or how many were just straightforward. Masch or matic might have higher passing stats than say iniesta but how many of iniesta's passes were risky passes, with a greater chance of being intercepted. Its all opinions i guess.

Will Jose stick around? It's around about now he gets cold feet at his current club.

I would think so because where in the world will he go? The Spanish clubs won't take him. Bayern's CEO ruled out taking him because of his combative nature. United won't take him once LVG leaves because if they wanted to, they would have taken him instead of LVG. City will obviously go for Pep instead. Only real options are the Italian clubs (Inter would have him back in a heartbeat) but he did not enjoy his time in Italy so hard to see him go back

Problem is the board. Targets were submitted by Jose on April 21st. Yet the board dragged their feet and prioritized a back-up GK and third-choice striker before actual first-team players. Maybe they had overconfidence in the current squad.

Targets like Pedro, Stones and Pogba should really have been acquired in June/early July. It's nearly impossible to get them this late into the window unless we pay truly silly money. The sad part is that these targets are very much acquirable if you do things properly

I would think so because where in the world will he go? The Spanish clubs won't take him. Bayern's CEO ruled out taking him because of his combative nature. United won't take him once LVG leaves because if they wanted to, they would have taken him instead of LVG. City will obviously go for Pep instead. Only real options are the Italian clubs (Inter would have him back in a heartbeat) but he did not enjoy his time in Italy so hard to see him go back

Wasn't there a rumor that Perez wanted Jose back last season?

Wasn't there a rumor that Perez wanted Jose back last season?

There was but it was by Diego Torres whose opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt really. Wouldn't be surprised tbh. Nobody knows what Perez wants ....

I would love to see Kenedy instead of Willian the next game. He looked like he has some nice moves, and not afraid to show it. Hope he keeps confident, and Jose won't clip his wings.

11947612_1551416898231854_199895633571299168_n.jpg

lalw

I would love to see Kenedy instead of Willian the next game. He looked like he has some nice moves, and not afraid to show it. Hope he keeps confident, and Jose won't clip his wings.

I'm hoping he just came on at wingback because we wanted to be aggressive. If we're genuinely thinking about converting him then I despair.

I'm hoping he just came on at wingback because we wanted to be aggressive. If we're genuinely thinking about converting him then I despair.

No need to worry., Mourinho won't last long if it stays like this, Romans trigger finger must be getting eager.

According to John Cross of the Mirror (yeah yeah I know), we do get a percentage of the KDB sale for whatever good that will do this ******* late into the window

Doubt he is laughing much after the result against Swansea today ... Welcome to the relegation battle Mr Van Gaal

Ya, looks like this season Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool and United will be battling for proud title of shittiest mega-rich team in Europe.

And I can't help but notice that Premier League's recent denial occured just about the same time when Golden Generation retired. Can't be a concidence. You just can't sustain a top league relying fully on mercenaries.

Baker (penalty) and Solanke both scored for Vitesse. Baker also missed one penalty too.
[video=youtube;Vql3Vg6j2_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vql3Vg6j2_I[/video]

Last edited:
Back