The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Apparently we have sealed the deal to sign some CB from Nantes. People say he is solid and very underrated and we got him for a basement price as well so no downside. Oh well whatever ... Glad we got someone in. This season when we finish trophyless, perhaps the club will then learn that you simply cannot afford to be stand still in this league

Major targets like Pogba, Stones and Pedro could have been snapped up early in June/July if we moved fast. Going in for these players so late into the window means you either pay silly money or miss out on them entirely

Pedro/Griezzman, Pogba, Stones, Falcao, Rahman and Begovic would have been a brilliant transfer window. It's probably the one Mourinho was dreaming out before the board ****** it up. All our weaknesses and holes addressed and our team would be genuine CL contenders and European heavyweights

It's so disappointing to see your club do absolutely nothing to improve the team during the window. This was a perfect opportunity. We are EPL champions. This was the window to elevate our team to the next level and blow the domestic rivals away. Instead we let the Manchester clubs catch up to us and we are back to square one. This is genuinely infuriating

Rant over

I refuse to believe we're not going to make another big signing before the window ends, given how much money we have.

At this point, we basically sold Mata for absolutely nothing, as the surplus money from his transfer has not been needed. Given that it strengthened United and played a rather large role in losing us the league, that has to go down as a major mistake.

I refuse to believe we're not going to make another big signing before the window ends, given how much money we have.

At this point, we basically sold Mata for absolutely nothing, as the surplus money from his transfer has not been needed. Given that it strengthened United and played a rather large role in losing us the league, that has to go down as a major mistake.

Indeed. Mata sale was pathetic beyond belief. Why not sell him to PSG and chase that angle when they were reportedly interested? Why not ask for Rooney in exhange? We literally sold our best player at the time to a major domestic rival for money we didn't even need.

People still take the Mickey out of me because I said at the time that the deal was impossible. It makes zero sense. Still in shock we let it happen

Yeah. It's like we're becoming Arsenal ffs. More concerned about the income than staying competitive. And that Mata transfer. Yeah. YEAH.

What's sad is that the board actually realised their mistake and it looks like they have thrown all their weight in the last few weeks to land the major targets but inevitably failed

So they had the audacity to give me hope then tear it away. Cruel

We basically let Juan decide his own future and he was granted his wish to stay in England.

Yeah well **** that. If United let Rooney decide his future, we would have won the league in 13/14 season with a proper striker up front. If Liverpool let Suarez stay in England as per his wishes, Arsenal would have won the league in 13/14

Respecting a players wishes is admirable but their is a balance to be struck.

When it's a club legend like Cech with a decade of service then I guess I can live with him going to a rival. Not someone like Mata who has been there for only 2-3 seasons even if he was a fan favourite

Yeah well **** that. If United let Rooney decide his future, we would have won the league in 13/14 season with a proper striker up front. If Liverpool let Suarez stay in England as per his wishes, Arsenal would have won the league in 13/14

Respecting a players wishes is admirable but their is a balance to be struck.

When it's a club legend like Cech with a decade of service then I guess I can live with him going to a rival. Not someone like Mata who has been there for only 2-3 seasons even if he was a fan favourite

1) I don't think Rooney really wanted to leave. He wanted bigger wages.

2) Did Suarez really want to stay in England?

3) I kind of agree but not completely. Both players gave a lot to the club. Mata doing only 3 seasons is not less important than Cech doing a decade. Both players have wishes. Both players were good servants to the club. Can't see why Mata shouldn't have any word to say...

DJILOBODJI IN CHELSEA MEDICAL
Some more news involving Nantes, as we understand defender Papy Djilobodji is having a medical at Chelsea ahead of a £2.7m move to Stamford Bridge.
The 27-year-old is due to sign a four-and-a-half year contract and the fee has been reduced as he's in the last year of his contract.

Who?

It looks like we'll be signing this Djilobodji after all. Apparently we've been interested in him for at least two years now.

Admittedly it's slightly disappointing to see us go from John Stones to Djilobodji but he's only costing us £2.7m, and at this stage we just need a CB. Also I can't exactly judge someone I've never seen play. So welcome to the club I guess.

It's a laughing stock in all honestly. Solid defender from what I heard but really ...

DJILOBODJI IN CHELSEA MEDICAL
Some more news involving Nantes, as we understand defender Papy Djilobodji is having a medical at Chelsea ahead of a £2.7m move to Stamford Bridge.
The 27-year-old is due to sign a four-and-a-half year contract and the fee has been reduced as he's in the last year of his contract.

Who?

To echo the above, WHO?

Back