The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Club has officially given up on signing anyone big. Okay, I want to fast-forward to May all of a sudden.

I think Subtle was spot on. The reason we didn't pursue anyone earlier in the summer was mainly because Roman and Emeleano wanted Jose to integrate some of the Academy players into the first team after splashing close to £100m on the place. Our poor start has forced their hand somewhat but it's too late to rectify the situation now ....

On the positives, this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. RLC looks like a real talent and he can progress leaps and bounds if given chances. Kennedy has already shown he has ability to slot into the team. Zouma has proven his worth last season. If these 3 step up, we can potentially save ourselves the hassle of going for 3 major players and just focus our resources on getting that one big signing in

Also worth mentioning, that the stadium extension will cost a shitload of money, so this may also explain why we only dipped our toes in the water in the summer.
I will accept a season in which we won't win the title, but still qualify for some objectives and don't make a fool of ourselves, if some youngsters actually make it through.

The one thing I don't get is why loan out Victor Moses now? What was the whole point in replacing Charly Musonda with Moses on our pre-season tour? Honestly it makes zero sense to me.

Also worth mentioning, that the stadium extension will cost a shitload of money, so this may also explain why we only dipped our toes in the water in the summer.
I will accept a season in which we won't win the title, but still qualify for some objectives and don't make a fool of ourselves, if some youngsters actually make it through.

But then why suddenly start chasing Pogba and Stones so late into the window? This indicates that money is there to be spent but the board withheld it for some reason ...

The one thing I don't get is why loan out Victor Moses now? What was the whole point in replacing Charly Musonda with Moses on our pre-season tour? Honestly it makes zero sense to me.

Having had the total displeasure of suffering him on loan the other year, it boggles my mind that he's even still at Chelsea. Let alone a part of anything first team related.

Having had the total displeasure of suffering him on loan the other year, it boggles my mind that he's even still at Chelsea. Let alone a part of anything first team related.

I've never thought he was good enough for Chelsea (Just like Salah) but IMO it makes no sense to loan him out at the moment. As I've said I just don't see the point in replacing Musonda (One of our better youngsters) for Moses on tour and then loaning Moses out.

Chalobah on loan to Napoli, Piazon on loan to Reading and Boga on loan to Rennes for the season. The list goes on...

Chalobah to Napoli looks like ea bad deal. I don't think he will get a lot of playtime there. The other two look good.

Just HOW many frigging players do you have on the books?

Geez. It's like an Italian roster lol.

CNbA3zwWoAAG2XJ.jpg:large

£1.068 BILLION: the transfers brokered in Jorge Mendes's agency career up to last September. Will add c.£150m this summer.

CNw4S_CWIAA9-Jf.jpg

Apparently we've bought a ******* JT people. Can't wait for the guy to be scapegoated. We might try and sign that Chinese fella in January!

Can't wait to say:

Welcome to Chelsea Papiss Mison Mbouba Mbwiwa Abu Fuongo Baba Djilobodji! :D

It is the dramatic centrepiece of a second consultation with local residents and fans, as owner Roman Abramovich pushes ahead with his ambitious vision for a £500million stadium financed by him as a separate entity away from Chelsea FC business.

Now that is interesting.

Yep, but from what I understand that's always been the case.

Back