The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
So this means my argument yesterday about us having to be cautious because of the cost of the stadium, is null. Now I really have no idea what the **** was going on in this transfer window. City spending money like it's the end of the world, and we're just relying our squad will repeat last year's performance.

And to top it all off, finally live in West London, scrape enough money to actually head to the Bridge on a decent basis and we move out until 2020. FML.

Then what's all this "we're not spending because of the new stadium" stuff coming from? Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

I've never bought into that. Everything I've read regarding the new stadium has stated that the deal will be financed separately and shouldn't impact Chelsea's transfer dealings.

So this means my argument yesterday about us having to be cautious because of the cost of the stadium, is null. Now I really have no idea what the **** was going on in this transfer window. City spending money like it's the end of the world, and we're just relying our squad will repeat last year's performance.

As people have stated before there's two possibilities to explain our lack of spending IMO...

1.) Abramovich wants to see some youth players come through.
2.) The Chelsea board stupidly didn't feel there was a need to strengthen the squad.

As people have stated before there's two possibilities to explain our lack of spending IMO...

1.) Abramovich wants to see some youth players come through.
2.) The Chelsea board stupidly didn't feel there was a need to strengthen the squad.

Wasn't it me that said that? :P

I would be fine to see all the youth get blooded properly this year tbh. If we're going to see 15/20 games out of RLC and Kenedy at least, the whole thing would make sense, even if its a gamble. The problem is that I think we will start them in a few cup games and bring them on late in a few others, which is a ludicrous thing to sac an entire transfer window for.

Also, having thought about it we would almost certainly lose revenue through reduced capacity and rental fees for 4 years of someone else's stadium, so maybe that's where the money would go.

Well... that was unexpected, to say the least. The contract for Victor Moses that is.

You can sell him for more money if he hits a consistent form.

I'd guess you've had a problem selling him for much of anything to this point so that's a gamble I'd rather not take.

Meh, Chelsea's affair but I'd of just been letting his contract run down to finally get him off the wage bill.

Something to do with avoiding selling them for little I imagine if their contract runs down?

Yes. No other reason. Moses will never make it at Chelsea. But he can make it at a mid-table club and we can sell him for 10-12 even 14 - if he hits form.

I'd guess you've had a problem selling him for much of anything to this point so that's a gamble I'd rather not take.

Meh, Chelsea's affair but I'd of just been letting his contract run down to finally get him off the wage bill.

You seem to have their weird image of him being awful from that brief spell he spent at Liverpool. He was really good at Stoke last year, he looked sharp in preseason and there's a reason Bilic wants him at West Ham this season. He's a solid player and he's only 24. It's not that we can't sell him, it's that we don't want to yet.

Also apparently the Pogba negotiations in France are still ongoing.

I was about to say that it will have to be straight cash now, as their window is shut, and what use is that to them? Then I realised that we that maybe we can cheat, and potentially offer them a loan with an option/obligation to buy if they want Ramires/Oscar. Anyone know, my knowledge on the loan window is limited?

Last edited:
I was about to say that it will have to be straight cash now, as their window is shut, and what use is that to them? Then I realised that we that maybe we can cheat, and potentially offer them a loan with an option/obligation to buy if they want Ramires/Oscar. Anyone know, my knowledge on the loan window is limited?

I don't think they can loan player also, 2 seasons back Coentrao loan deal didn't happen as deadline was passed.

Here is a trick though, sign Pogba, terminate one of your player contract so that he can sign to Juve on free. I'm sure free agent transfer window is still open, at least as per FM it should be.

Back