The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I was about to say that it will have to be straight cash now, as their window is shut, and what use is that to them? Then I realised that we that maybe we can cheat, and potentially offer them a loan with an option/obligation to buy if they want Ramires/Oscar. Anyone know, my knowledge on the loan window is limited?

It's very unlikely but you never know, sometimes these things can move very fast. If we're serious it'll come right down to the wire.

You've signed Michael Hector from Reading for £4m, 23 year old defender from Reading.

A defender turned down by Norwich and one from the Championship. Be still my beating heart.

What's the point? Hector's a decent player but so are Kalas and Christensen. But at least he'll fit in, he's been on eleven loans already.

A defender turned down by Norwich and one from the Championship. Be still my beating heart.

Transfer dead line is complete now. Deals falling because of paper work and big clubs signing couple of nobodies.

Whats going on with all this talk of Chelsea signing Hector for 4 mil from reading?

Him and that Papy bloke seem a couple of odd signings for the current league champions really

Why sign hector and the other fellas name which I can't spell when we have defenders out on loan like kalas who are more than capable of being in the squad?

You've had two failed bids for Marquinhos today according to SSN.

You simply cannot hope to sign quality players like that this late into the transfer window. Board have really ****** this window up and need to start laying groundwork immediately to move fast in January and the summer like they did last season

Michael Hector is a pure potential purchase at a basement price. He has great physical attributes. If he improves on his mental aspects then he could progress leaps and bounds. Our scouting network is usually good at spotting these type of players. They did the same with De Bruyne and Courtois.

If things stay how they are, there has to be a big push forward with the youth this year. RLC, Baba and Kenedy need to be seen as viable competition for places, not just token youngsters. Without it, there's no pressure on Hazard, Ivanovic and Fabregas and no one to replace them if they're out of form/injured.

Chelsea logic:

- HEY BOARD LET'S SIGN MARQUINHOS?!!!
- THEY JUST TOLD US TO **** OFF ACTUALLY...
- OH, WELL **** EM THEN! A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT A GUY WHO KNOWS A GUY WHO KNOWS A GUY FROM READING! HEARD HE WOULD COST US EVEN MORE THAN THE NANTES FELLA - HE MUST BE GOOD AYE!?!
- YUP. DO IT.

Oh, boy. Do I love this club.

If things stay how they are, there has to be a big push forward with the youth this year. RLC, Baba and Kenedy need to be seen as viable competition for places, not just token youngsters. Without it, there's no pressure on Hazard, Ivanovic and Fabregas and no one to replace them if they're out of form/injured.

Dont forget Zouma as well. Also need a big season from Oscar

Back